Al-Khalid MBT And Pakistani Armour

militarysta

what if Pakistan has got the tech from china?
i mean they have the experience,money,industrial base and what not
China? I don't think so :)
In fact that what we can see on chineese photos is cloned BM42, israeli Cl Mk.2 etc. Sorry there is no mirracle in gun ammo production and technology, chinesse APFSDs ammo is on late 1980's level, maybe on erly 1990's (DM43, M829A1, BM42M)

Akim

Professional
Country flag
well i think AL khalid does has a autoloader similar to t-80ud..which could also be the reason why PA opted for kombat
watch onward 1:15
I watched a video about Al-Kh. He has Ural type of the autoloader. He has a significant drawback: in the absence of electricians of the tank comes out of the fight because of a manual reload very problematic. As for the ATGM combat. It is specially created with two parts to fit different types of the autoloader. Here in Al-Kh there is a remote control anti-aircraft machine gun. In Chinese tanks there is no such thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
I watched a video about Al-Kh. He has Ural type of the autoloader. He has a significant drawback: in the absence of electricians of the tank comes out of the fight because of a manual reload very problematic. As for the ATGM combat. It is specially created with two parts to fit different types of the autoloader. Here in Al-Kh there is a remote control anti-aircraft machine gun. In Chinese tanks there is no such thing.
But the autoloader is still not similar to T-72..the t-72 autoloader is limited to just 550mm penetrators.while as per some books i got after search on google on Uralvagon autoloader.it was developed for t-62/64a because of it being able to fire longer rounds than carousel autoloader

beside this ukraine has given tot of kombat to pakistan.and is being manufactured locally with even bigger warhead

Last edited by a moderator:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
China? I don't think so :)
In fact that what we can see on chineese photos is cloned BM42, israeli Cl Mk.2 etc. Sorry there is no mirracle in gun ammo production and technology, chinesse APFSDs ammo is on late 1980's level, maybe on erly 1990's (DM43, M829A1, BM42M)
why not?we havent seen chinese ammo(recent one on the latest tanks) doesnt mean they have not the tech..

remember that at the moment after usa they have the largest R&D base..
the Pakistani tank ammo manufacturer does has a significant experience because of being involved in this business since the past 60 years..a manufacturer who alone export small arms worth 100millions per year is not a small firm.

and i have posted the visit of usman to POF in 2004..where he has witness the 620mm long rod penetrator for Al khalid

Akim

Professional
Country flag
But the autoloader is still not similar to T-72..the t-72 autoloader is limited to just 550mm penetrators.while as per some books i got after search on google on Uralvagon autoloader.it was developed for t-62/64a because of it being able to fire longer rounds than carousel autoloader

beside this ukraine has given tot of kombat to pakistan.and is being manufactured locally with even bigger warhead
Loading ML in Kharkov type is a single cycle. In AL - 2 stages. Yes, in the old types of the Ural autoloader can be used short penetrator, but there are new, which may apply and the greater length of the rod. But this is better to ask Damian or Lidsky M.D.. I'm more practices than a theoretician. I can tell about the operation of tanks, about the tactics of battle. And all the engineering novelties... I in them is not strong.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Loading ML in Kharkov type is a single cycle. In AL - 2 stages. Yes, in the old types of the Ural autoloader can be used short penetrator, but there are new, which may apply and the greater length of the rod. But this is better to ask Damian or Lidsky M.D.. I'm more practices than a theoretician. I can tell about the operation of tanks, about the tactics of battle. And all the engineering novelties... I in them is not strong.
Got this video of t-80 autoloader on youtube..i find this autoloader exactly similar to AK one..
could you find me some detail about the URAL autoloader?

what is the main difference between URal autoloader and the t-72/90 carousel autoloader ?
why was the Ural autoloader developed?

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Got this video of t-80 autoloader on youtube..i find this autoloader exactly similar to AK one..
could you find me some detail about the URAL autoloader?

what is the main difference between URal autoloader and the t-72/90 carousel autoloader ?
why was the Ural autoloader developed?
ML in the T-64, T-80, BM Bulat and BM Oplot - cabin type. It is a single module with turret. In him shells arranged horizontally, and ammunition vertically. In the Urals type autoloader the laying of horizontal. Ural type cheaper, easier to construct and use, reload it easier. However, it has a large number of shortcomings. The forums are constantly arguing: what type is best.

Damian

Yup, Al Khalid use T-72/T-90 AZ autoloader, not Kharkiv and Leningrad/St Petersburg MZ autoloader.

The AZ autoloader without modifications can't get longer APFSDS ammunition, and after modification, this ammunition can't be longer than ~740-750mm.

As for Chinese, overall they lag behind in AFV's development and their ammunition, they had problems with making copies of jet engines, and developing AFV's and ammunition for them is not less difficult.

To be honest, Pakistan should scrap Al Khalid program, kick Chinese in their asses and increase cooperation with Ukraine, as Ukraine can offer superior to Chinese tanks, like BM Oplot, BM Yatagan and eventually BM Bulat and T-64E, as well as based on T-64 series heavy IFV's like BMPT-64.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
To be honest, Pakistan should scrap Al Khalid program, kick Chinese in their asses and increase cooperation with Ukraine, as Ukraine can offer superior to Chinese tanks, like BM Oplot, BM Yatagan and eventually BM Bulat and T-64E, as well as based on T-64 series heavy IFV's like BMPT-64.
They won't and can't siege their corporation with the Chinese.
Whatever they get from China are on soft loan and i don't think Ukraine can afford this. Their economic situation is so bad that they are even finding it difficult to payoff the marginal interest on their loans let alone the principle.

Dazzler

made at HMC in conjunction with Peoples Steel Mills, likely to have Ukrainian tech

Dazzler

Kombat ATGM with modified tandem warhead used by AK, T-80UD and Al Zarrar..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles