in the pakistani one one door only at the back
the other one has no turret

different wheel size

i dont know which country has made that other mrap

but certainly pakistani one is different

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Credit goes to Usman Shabbir from Pakdef forum,,,, this is when he visited HIT in 2004 so not latest but interesting....

"When visiting POF Wah one should have at least a week's time so as to have enough time to visit all the 11 factories located their. Due to some personal engagements we only had few hours and we chose the two above mentioned factories. The visit to Tank/Anti-Tank Ammunitions Factory was really and truly impressive – seeing the production of 125mm APFSDS rounds from start to finish and the explanation of the whole process by the guide (a chemical engineer) were really informative.

Right now the factory is producing a 125mm Tungsten alloy core APFSDS round with a penetration of 460mm and within a year another 125mm round with the penetration capabilities of 550mm will enter service. POF also recently tested a DU 125 mm round produced by PAEC and certified it for an unbelievable 620mm – though I am not sure if this round has already entered service or not. But nonetheless Indians better add a few more tons to their Arjun. The huge steel blocks that were used during penetration/weapon trials were also on display with some neat holes in them – and on seeing those I of course kicked myself for forgetting to bring the camera.

We were also told be officials at POF Wah that Bangladesh has ordered 10000 100mm shells and 3500 105mm shells and Saudi Arabia has also ordered a large quantity of 81mm mortars and ammunition. There were also some additional news bits but I guess I have a short memory.
While i heard that the naiza 1 had a penetrating power of 680mm bt still 620mm is nt bad
bt again this was during 2004 and now we are in 2012

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Digital drive panels are being fitted on entire AK series, tenders placed a while ago. We will soon see complete digital interior in AK.

www.ppra.org.pk/doc/25-7/hit257-278.doc
from the above link@

Description of Store to be Developed / Supplied. Heavy Industries Taxila intends to develop a Digital Driver Panel Unit for fitment on Tank Al-Khalid which should conform to the capabilities and technical specifications of existing Ukrainian / Chinese systems already installed on Tank Al-Khalid. The indigenously developed digital driver panel should be fully replaceable with the existing instrument panel installed on Tank Al-Khalid.

4. Scope of Work / Features

a. All instruments to be digital with virtual display on a touch screen of military grade conforming to mil standards.

b. The sensors On Board of the vehicle are not altered and original sensors are retained where possible. Additional sensors can be fitted.

c. Most of the hard (operating) switches are replaced with virtual switches on the touch screen.

d. Essential switches are physically available on the casing of the display to ensure redundancy in emergency.

e. Interactive startup procedure of the tank and more clear warning display while the tank operates.

f. Maintenance log and warnings to the driver well before a maintenance activity is due or overdue.

g. Data reading for at least last 30 minute operation updated every minute.

h. Parameter logging to identify / investigate the reasons for any problems or failure which might occur during the operations has to be provided.

5. Future Growth. The system must be upgradeable and should have provision for following:-

a. Navigational system like BMS, LNS or GPS, as per the requirement of the users.

b. Vehicle management system extending on full information on the logistic, technical and tactical status of the vehicle through a telemetric system or connected through a BMS to the command echelons.

c. Additional display, like fire extinguisher, APU and warning also to be merged on the main display.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Armour research centre in HIT

Advance Armour Research & Development Complex (AARDIC) for HIT

Trojans has developed an Advance Armour Research And Development Complex (AARDIC) in Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT). AARDIC is equipped with the state of the art technology related to Rapid Prototyping, Quality Control, Revenue Engineering, 3D Modeling, Thermal Imaging, Telecommunication & Metal Casting.

AARDIC will be used for the research and development purpose to enhance HIT prowess to produce more better Tanks and Armour
Trojans, The cutting edge in technology

Dazzler

While i heard that the naiza 1 had a penetrating power of 680mm bt still 620mm is nt bad
bt again this was during 2004 and now we are in 2012
Naiza 1 = 550 mm @ 2 kms

Naiza 2 = ??

DU round in 2004 = 620mm @ 2 kms

We have more DU versions with unknown penetration @ 2km

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Naiza 1 = 550 mm @ 2 kms

Naiza 2 = ??

DU round in 2004 = 620mm @ 2 kms

We have more DU versions with unknown penetration @ 2km
i guess the naiza 2 was later upgraded to 680mm penetration at 2km
because i remember checking out posts in pakdef. to be introduced a new round with 680mm penetration

bt since the Ak1 prototype was nt revealed by HIT in ideas 2008.seems like this was nt revealed too.

and since 2008 no ideas def expo is repeated yet
they might reveal this new round as well as more info about the long rod penetrator for the bustle autoloader in the AK2

GromHellscream

Chinese export version 125mm APFSDS, mainstream product sold by far.

According to this, equal RHA of penetration is 220mm/66.4 degree at 2km.

220 / cos66.4^ = 550 mm, just fits the data of Naiza1 here.

But this is not enough to assure a penetration on T90s with heavy ERA, some better ammunition is needed.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned

But this is not enough to assure a penetration on T90s with heavy ERA, some better ammunition is needed.
as posted above
during usman visit to pof in 2004.they had recently tested a round with 620mm penetration at 2km

and now its been 8 years since than they must have developed something even better

and in 2008 or 2007 if i Am not wrong but in orkut a pakistani guy posted a news about al khalid I AND I AM sure the news reported if i recall introduction of a new round with 680mm penetration

but since the AK1 was not shown in 2008 ideas def expo neither was the round

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
i will try to find the news

it was even posted in pakdef about the new round with 680mm penetration

Dazzler

Naiza 1, 2, is a product of NDC, its not the Chinese Type IIM which is mostly used on Type-85 IIAP MBT,

GromHellscream

Yes. This one is mainly aimed at 3rd world country which don't have a risk to fight high tension wars.

The data of 220mm / 66.4degree of Chinese ammunition means that the Chinese ammunition shot horizontally, can completely penetrate a 220mm thick plate laid with 66.4^ angle off the vertical line. The caculated length of penetrated path in ideal condition is 220 / cos66.4^ = 550 mm.

But considering the twist effect when the stick contract with the plate, the factual length should take a discount, which is 85% according to experience formulation. So the real penetration in most cases is 550 * 85% = 467.5 mm.

If Pakistan ammunition can penetrate 550mm thick plate laid vertically, it's of course better than this one.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
only AK, and Oplot have it.

REVERSIBLE (MULTIPLE REVERSE SPEED) TRANSMISSION
Reversible transmission is intended to increase the tank speed at forward motion and reverse movement. The enhanced gears of reverse movement provide when necessary quick change of position in combat conditions without tank turning.

Reversible transmission consists of two gear boxes with coaxially attached reversible final drives.
KMDB - Oplot Main Battle Tank

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Interesting post..

Ok..the chances of these tanks going against each other in the battle-field are very low. So keep it civil and no need to troll...

Note : Blue highlight = Advantage over the other tank

Weight :

Al Khalid-1 : 48 tons
Merkava IV : 65 tons.

Speed :

Al Khalid-1 : 72 km/h
Merkava IV : 64 km/h

Main Armament :

Al Khalid-1 : 125 mm smooth bore gun
Merkava IV : 120 mm smooth bore gun

Payload Capacity :

Al Khalid-1 : 49 rounds
Merkava IV : 48 rounds

Engine :

Al Khalid-1 : KMDB 6TD-2 6-cylinder diesel 1,200 hp (with upgrade)
Merkava IV : General Dynamics GD883 (MTU883) diesel 1,500 hp

Power/Weight :

Al Khalid-1 : 26 hp/tonne
Merkava IV : 23 hp/tonne

Armour :

Al Khalid-1 : Composite armour, RHA, ERA
Merkava IV : Composite matrix of laminated ceramic-steel-nickel alloy, ERA etc

Operational Range :

Al Khalid-1 : 500 km
Merkava IV : 500 km

Protection :

Al Khalid-1 : VARTA active protection system
Merkava IV : TROPHY active protection system

ATGMs :

Al Khalid-1 : Kombat , 9M119 Refleks (AT-11 Sniper) etc
Merkava IV : LAHAT

-----------

Feel free to point out any mistakes I made.

Al Khalid-1 is right up there with latest Merkava IV , with Merkava having a slight edge due to superior electronics etc.

Israel is producing Merkava since 1970's , while Pakistan started to produce Al Khalid much later. So it is great to see Pakistan producing tanks as capable as Al Khalid-1 :cheers:

Al Khalid-1 edges Merkava IV in firepower and mobility..while Merkava IV has better armor and protection system (Israelis are obsessed with soldiers' protection).

Have your say...

PS : There is alot of talk about which ATGM is superior...LAHAT or Kombat. Both ATGMs have their own advantages over the other...so lets keep it that way. This is why I didn't high-light any of the tank in ATGM category.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles