Al-Khalid MBT And Pakistani Armour

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
more info about al khalid 1 and yes the al khalid 2 will be revealed in the ideas def expo next month

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
why it is french system? China dont make same as good as france?? Or Pak has more trust in French maal then Chinea or mere fact that it suit more to Pak conditions?
We too have used parts from different countries in MKI, in case some want to point out this.

Dazzler

why it is french system? China dont make same as good as france?? Or Pak has more trust in French maal then Chinea or mere fact that it suit more to Pak conditions?
We too have used parts from different countries in MKI, in case some want to point out this.
The original Type 90IIM ISFCS 212 fire control system was sophisticated and versatile, offered dual axis image stabilization, ballistic computer could combine data from 10 different sensors, vetronics with MIL1553 mux bus compatibility, autotracker interfaced with gunner station, day and night engagements were possible upto 2500 meters.

However, Pak went for French strictly due to their requirements and prior experience. AK has more power FCS, Cooled Thermal Imagers (Catherine, later Sagem Matis), autotracker. This FCS is NOT Savan-15 as some believe, but something similar in performance to Leclerc FCS system. Chinese TI was primitive, operated manually which was refused by Army when AK was inducted.

Defcon 1

Country flag
I have a question. Why is pakistan going for Al-Khalid II? I mean MBT 3000 will be ready in 2-3 years if pakistan can wait that long, they could get a superior tank backed up by one of the world's most powerful nation. Also, China's interest should be bound to decline in Al-Khalid as they will focus on MBT3000. So, in MBT3000, pakistan will also get a tank that will be developed much further than Al-Khalid II.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
I have a question. Why is pakistan going for Al-Khalid II? I mean MBT 3000 will be ready in 2-3 years if pakistan can wait that long, they could get a superior tank backed up by one of the world's most powerful nation. Also, China's interest should be bound to decline in Al-Khalid as they will focus on MBT3000. So, in MBT3000, pakistan will also get a tank that will be developed much further than Al-Khalid II.
i know your intention behind this post

but Reply to your post is
the Mbt3000 has just a redesigned turret and electronics add up
though will weight about 48 tonnes

the AK2 will be a medium weight tank about 55 tonnes
will have a 1500hp engine
redesigned turret
new autoloader
everything else local

will be more of an new tank
May be even with a different name

and AK2 is already in prototypes.

The Mbt3000 is just an upgrade to the Mbt2000
would be on par with AK1

Dazzler

MBT 3000 is developed on AK's pattern which has such technology since 2005-06 including a high degree of digitization such as BMS, digital panel, 30 volt APU for silent watch, appropriate cooling for vetronics as well as for crew, datalink, thermal imager (2nd generation but still uncooled), upgraded autoloader capable to launch long rod tungsten/ DU rounds (must be hand loaded similar to ATGM round).

Defcon 1

Country flag
i know your intention behind this post

but Reply to your post is
the Mbt3000 has just a redesigned turret and electronics add up
though will weight about 48 tonnes

the AK2 will be a medium weight tank about 55 tonnes
will have a 1500hp engine
redesigned turret
new autoloader
everything else local

will be more of an new tank
May be even with a different name

and AK2 is already in prototypes.

The Mbt3000 is just an upgrade to the Mbt2000
would be on par with AK1
Please clarify what do you mean by "intention behind this post". To keep things in perspective, my intention was to gain knowledge.

MBT 3000 is developed on AK's pattern which has such technology since 2005-06 including a high degree of digitization such as BMS, digital panel, 30 volt APU for silent watch, appropriate cooling for vetronics as well as for crew, datalink, thermal imager (2nd generation but still uncooled), upgraded autoloader capable to launch long rod tungsten/ DU rounds (must be hand loaded similar to ATGM round).
I don't think MBT3000 should be considered comparable to Al-Khalid. If it was true, China would have inducted MBT3000 a long time ago since Al-Khalid was also developed mainly by the chinese. Since the tank will arrive much later than Al-Khalid, it should be much more advanced than it.

If you do not agree with this, then perhaps you are suggesting that Al-Khalid 2 will be superior to MBT3000, which in itself is very unlikely.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Please clarify what do you mean by "intention behind this post". To keep things in perspective, my intention was to gain knowledge.

I don't think MBT3000 should be considered comparable to Al-Khalid. If it was true, China would have inducted MBT3000 a long time ago since Al-Khalid was also developed mainly by the chinese. Since the tank will arrive much later than Al-Khalid, it should be much more advanced than it.

If you do not agree with this, then perhaps you are suggesting that Al-Khalid 2 will be superior to MBT3000, which in itself is very unlikely.
plz post the specs of Mbt3000 and than compare it with al khalid 1

you can get the list of upgrade to basic al khalid into al khalid in wiki

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Al-Khalid I – Upgraded variant in testing as of April 2009. Ammunition capacity increased to 49 125 mm rounds, 1,500 12.7 mm rounds and 7,100 7.62 mm rounds.[1] Incorporates modifications made to the fire-control system, sensors, IBMS, side-skirts, track pads, auto-loader (rate of fire increased to 9 rounds per minute), Ukrainian Varta electro-optical jammer (disrupts laser rangefinders, laser designators and anti-tank guided missile tracking systems), Sagem third-generation thermal imagers and improved air conditioning system
these are the upgrades applied to the al khalid 1

Defcon 1

Country flag

Why didn't you answer my question?

I don't rely on wiki when it comes to specs of chinese weapons they usually are picked from unreliable sources. Logically speaking, AL-Khalid II can never be more advanced than MBT-3000 otherwise China would have just gone for Al-Khalid II instead of MBT-3000

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Is there any official announcement on upgrade of this tank..

Wiki is one of the most unreliable source, Any other..

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Is there any official announcement on upgrade of this tank..

Wiki is one of the most unreliable source, Any other..
usman ansari.
But May be you know in the official site all such articles are no more available

but once this news was posted in pdf hence i will post it from there.
Beside this dazzler might post anyother source as well

This is what USMAN ANSARI, has to say about Al-Khalid I, "
Development is ongoing of the Al-Khalid II, (though the project name is actually 'Al-Khalid I'), which is targeted for production by 2008. It is unknown if there is to be any major change in the appearance of the tank. Key areas for improvement are said to be in the areas of armour protection by inclusion of more modern types of armour, and improved systems. This includes more efficient transmission system and modern night vision systems. A new electronic counter-measures fit is currently undergoing testing at HIT. Recently the possibility has arisen of using Ukraine's 6TD3 engine which generates 1500 hp though it remains to be seen if this shall be incorporated. Firepower is also to be upgraded if ongoing discussions for the Ukrainian 'Kombat' ATGM are successful. With a range of up to 5,000m it would give the Al-Khalid a useful reach against targets such as helicopters. Furthermore, an up-graded auto loader would enable the use of 'long-rod' ammunition as used by Western MBTs, as the Russian style unit cannot currently support them."

Here is another Interesting read, But a Reminder AK-II here means AK-I

"Pakistan's Al Khalid Tank is widely being considered one of the most competent Main Battle Tanks (MBTs) in the global arms market. The Al Khalid II is said to have a new armor that has been tested to defeat all known 120mm and 125mm rounds. This special armour is a major technological breakthrough for Pakistan. The tank has received a new transmission and revised electronic turret control.
This was stated by Syed Muhammad Ali, the first certified military concept tank designer of Pakistan, while talking to The Nation.
He said that the Al Khalid II has a new Integrated Battle Management System (IBMS) and active threat-protection system, the latter being an upgrade from the passive system in the earlier model.
The tank is now perhaps the most heavily weaponized per tonnage of any tank, being able to carry 49 125mm rounds, 1,500 12.7mm and 7,100 7.62mm rounds."

(courtesy HJ and BATMAN)

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
info collected about al khalid 1 from many sources

AK-1 does have active protection system imported from Ukraine and integrated in HIT and it is now a standard fit on AK-1 by the name of VARTA (guards). Other changes are...

Sagem Matis TI (3rd Gen)

Turret control all electric instead of semi-electric previously

Increased ammunition to 49 rounds (main gun)

new ballistic computer with new sensors

Second Generation IBMS (indigenous)

Indigenous ERA along with composite armor (750 mm turret thickness without ERA) more than 1100 mm with ERA

Main gun improved based on Ukrainian KBA 125 series previously, now completely modified and built in HIT facility with increased accuracy, barrel life and range.

Improved suspension with hydraulic assistance more than previous version.

Much higher automation and protection for crew, new NBC developed indigenously, tracks, thicker side skirts. Better cooling for crew comfort, also a new DU shell developed based on French and Korean shells with higher penetrations at POF.

Improved autoloader with electric control.

I would say its at least twice as lethal as the previous AK.

Regards

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
That is not an official statement but some member talk of other forum..

Do you have any thing that is from your Ordinance factory or PA.. ?

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
This special armour is a major technological breakthrough for Pakistan. The tank has received a new transmission and revised electronic turret control.
This was stated by Syed Muhammad Ali, the first certified military concept tank designer of Pakistan, while talking to The Nation.
He said that the Al Khalid II has a new Integrated Battle Management System (IBMS) and active threat-protection system, the latter being an upgrade from the passive system in the earlier model.
The tank is now perhaps the most heavily weaponized per tonnage of any tank, being able to carry 49 125mm rounds, 1,500 12.7mm and 7,100 7.62mm rounds.
He said that Al-Khalid is modern battle tank developed by Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT).
Al Khalid consists of all the modern technologies required by latest generation tanks. Alkhalid is fitted with Ukranian engine that generated 1200 horse power. It has six forward automatic transmission. Its top speed is 72km/h. It weighs 47 tonnes.
Al-Khalid is operated by a three man crew; a driver, a gunner, and a commander.
got the source

High demand of 'Al-Khalid' tank in modern warfare | The Nation

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
That is not an official statement but some member talk of other forum..

Do you have any thing that is from your Ordinance factory or PA.. ?
posted

the nation is a very credible source while syed Muhammad Ali is a pakistani tank designer

you can never find a source more credible than this

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles