Al-Khalid MBT And Pakistani Armour

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Poor show of Knowledge..

Guns are never-ever directly related with muzzle velocity but always related with length of the gun and its Max Chamber Pressure, And most importantly the Ammo used..

max chamber pressure translate into higher muzzle velocity

but not in the Indian rifled gun

i dont know why they dont replace the gun

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Translate is not a direct relation but indirect

max chamber pressure translate into higher muzzle velocity
----------------------------------

but not in the Indian rifled gun,i dont know why they dont replace the gun
800 Mpa Max, 612mpa regular, But this is off-topic..

No more off-topic will be entertain..

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
If 30.5 cm by 30.5 cm weight 16kg, dont you think more ERA is needed to give complete front protection as given to Arjun or T90 tank. AK weight is 48 tons, it is aleady on heavy diet, few more tones wont make difference if it protect front armor. May be something wrong with figurs or Pakistan wont comsider tank crew important enough to add ton or two.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
If 30.5 cm by 30.5 cm weight 16kg, dont you think more ERA is needed to give complete front protection as given to Arjun or T90 tank. AK weight is 48 tons, it is aleady on heavy diet, few more tones wont make difference if it protect front armor. May be something wrong with figurs or Pakistan wont comsider tank crew important enough to add ton or two.
these era are now past tense.
They were produced by krl

the aorak series era is produced by gids and is said to be inspiration of nozh era

aorak mk2 is the standard era since 2011.wait for AK1 with aorak mk2 in ideas def expo this December

Defcon 1

Country flag
to be precise 3.9% of 228billions usd.
Or 910billions(including the nuclear Program cost( or 9.6billions$)
this is peanuts?
I believe that $228 billions is pakistan's GDP right????

There is a difference between budget amount and GDP. If you continue to post anything without gaining any knowledge first, you are not only toying with your own reputation, but also that of your country.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
I believe that $228 billions is pakistan's GDP right????

There is a difference between budget amount and GDP. If you continue to post anything without gaining any knowledge first, you are not only toying with your own reputation, but also that of your country.
read my post Atleast 4 times
than repeat this process for Atleast 8 mins

read this it will end the discussion
3.9% of 228 billions means that 3.9% is the total defence budget from total 228 billions gdp
this article is replica of Tribune express
could not find that link

Pak may spend over Rs 910 bn on defence in 2012-13

Defcon 1

Country flag
read my post Atleast 4 times
than repeat this process for Atleast 8 mins

read this it will end the discussion
3.9% of 228 billions means that 3.9% is the total defence budget from total 228 billions gdp
this article is replica of Tribune express
could not find that link

Pak may spend over Rs 910 bn on defence in 2012-13
In that case you are lucky that forum has no rules against stupidity or I would reported you by now.

Read Armand's post again. He has clearly asked you defence R&D budget. Defence R&D budget itself is a small amount of total defence budget.

Armand puts its as 4.5% of your total defence budget.

Pakistan's GDP is 228billion.

Hence the correct formula for defence R&D budget is 4.5%of 3.9% of 228 billion. (Assuming yours and Armand's figures are correct)

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
to be precise 3.9% of 228billions usd.
Or 910billions(including the nuclear Program cost( or 9.6billions$)
this is peanuts?
Defence R&D is 4.5% of the DEFENCE budget, not of GDP. That comes to $211 million. Do the math, peanuts don't make gold. France is 15% with a much larger budget just for comparison.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
In that case you are lucky that forum has no rules against stupidity or I would reported you by now.

Read Armand's post again. He has clearly asked you defence R&D budget. Defence R&D budget itself is a small amount of total defence budget.

Armand puts its as 4.5% of your total defence budget.

Pakistan's GDP is 228billion.

Hence the correct formula for defence R&D budget is 4.5%of 3.9% of 228 billion. (Assuming yours and Armand's figures are correct)
my figures are correct
read your Reply What you asked for

i dont know from Where he got 4.5% figure

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Defence R&D is 4.5% of the DEFENCE budget, not of GDP. That comes to $211 million. Do the math, peanuts don't make gold. France is 15% with a much larger budget just for comparison.
from Where you got those 4.5% FIGURE?

Beside this 211billions gdp is per 2011

again you will tell me the list of items we make under tot from China for al khalid

Dazzler

Well You are ignorant.

Nothing superior, Soviet FCS is comparable to western FCS in many terms, in some is a bit inferior, but not that much as You think.
T-80UD used by Pakistan also have thermal imagers, based on French technology, what You want to proove here?
Bigger turret does not mean better turret, and the fact You need more space for internal upgrades, only shows Your inferiority in electronics minimalization.
"Big calliber gun" is just a slogan, the same calliber, 125mm is used around the globe by many designs, nothing superior here. T-84 series, and especially T-84M/BM Oplot is far superior to Al Khalid.
Just one thing, you are almost clueless when it comes to AlKhalid development/ philosophy and requirements that it was destined to fulfil. I can gladly help you with some info if you want.

Dazzler

Fair enough. A Chinese chassis, with at least 30-40% Pakistani subsystems.

As far as i know, AK Indigenous components stand over 70%, for AK-1, it is 85%. HIT has its own R&D facilities and atleast 20 indigenous factories are developing its subsystems including MVRDE, CARE, IICS, SETS, ATCOP to name a few.

EzioAltaïr

As far as i know, AK Indigenous components stand over 70%, for AK-1, it is 85%. HIT has its own R&D facilities and atleast 20 indigenous factories are developing its subsystems including MVRDE, CARE, IICS, SETS, ATCOP to name a few.
It would be nice if you make a complete list of all Pakistani and international components in AK.

AFAIK, the armor is Pakistani, and I guess what you mentioned up top as well. Does it have APS? And who makes that APS?

Dazzler

It would be nice if you make a complete list of all Pakistani and international components in AK.

AFAIK, the armor is Pakistani, and I guess what you mentioned up top as well. Does it have APS? And who makes that APS?
Already mentioned that armour, chassis, gun, gun control, APU and most systems are made indigenously. Engine, transmission and thermal imager, fire control system along with APS are imported from Ukraine, France etc. VARTA is a soft kill capability same as Shtora. I will have to recollect plenty of info on this, will do so soon.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles