AKASH-NG ( next generation )

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
As we can see again the quoted range is 30 km. But DRDO itself has previously confirmed the range as 80 km.

View attachment 215840

Credits: Porky Kicker sir ji.

My 2 cents: May be the IAF didn't wanted the government to question them about 2 missile having same range so they requested DRDO to quote the reduced range everywhere.
Range of a sam depends on its trajectory. Akask is designed to intercept target in direct mode while engine is still on. Missile like MRSAM goes up and uses gravity while on descent which gives some extra time to target to do escape maneuvers.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
As we can see again the quoted range is 30 km. But DRDO itself has previously confirmed the range as 80 km.

View attachment 215840

My 2 cents: May be the IAF didn't wanted the government to question them about 2 missile having same range so they requested DRDO to quote the reduced range everywhere.
Akash NG will use atleast the motor used in MR SAM if not advance. So if it is configured like MRSAM/Bark 8, it will have atleast similar range of MRSAM.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag

View attachment 215840

Akash NG will use atleast the motor used in MR SAM if not advance. So if it is configured like MRSAM/Bark 8, it will have atleast similar range of MRSAM.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles