AK-203 Scrap

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
7.62mmx39mm round tends to tumble a lot.
Just saying, this "tumble" thing is post impact, not before. No effect on accuracy.

Effect on accuracy comes from soviet ammo generally being inferior to american ammo. Not to say its bad, perfectly good in intended range ( 300-400 m), but is less accurate on paper.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Exact pricing fro SiG-716i is difficult to obtain as the deal to procure SiG-716 was a combination of SiG-716, it spares and 7.62mm ammo.
My exception is SiG-716i cost us somewhere between ₹70,000 to ₹1,00,000.
AK-203 is expedited to cost us around ₹80,000
I was checking on the internet with regards to the cost of a SiG-716 and I had a got a figure of Rs-89000. I but I think so that AK-203 will definitely be cheaper. Like atleast 70-80k rupees.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
I was checking on the internet with regards to the cost of a SiG-716 and I had a got a figure of Rs-89000. I but I think so that AK-203 will definitely be cheaper. Like atleast 70-80k rupees.
We purchased 72400 Sig-716 rifles for around 72 millions.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Nonsense, the triple burst design of the M16 is just a bureaucratic whim
Yes, most of the time on the battlefield, only semi-automatic shooting is used, but the automatic suppression of the rifle is still indispensable
There is a phenomenon among Indians, that is, all national armies adopting the conscription system are understood as low quality, and all national armies adopting the volunteer system are understood as having a very high level of combat.
In fact, the conscription system is one of the symbols of modern countries. Before the end of the Cold War, most countries except the United Kingdom implemented the conscription system. The ability of a country to implement the conscription system is related to its social organization ability.
Ahh. You are angry because I said conscipts are less disciplined 😂

Like I said, For professional army, full auto is good. Supressing fire needs volume, and full auto gives more options. You can also do burst firing with full auto firearm.

But for poorly trained army, better to have burst only, cause troops will waste ammo and then get stuck without ammo, as in veitnam.

Nothing wrong with having the ability to conscript (eg in India, about 75% people said they would be willing to conscript into forces in caase of war. Thats a great advantage for any nation).

However, to have your standing army as conscripts is a sign of desperation. EG Israel needs conscription, cause if they dont have a very large trained force, they can get swamped by arabs. China does it cause apart from officers, troops are not considered a good job.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
With well trained troops, Full auto is better. Gives more capabilities, and as long aas they re disciplined, dont waste ammo.

With conscripts/less trained, burst is better to prevent trigger happy people from wasting ammo. Thats why US had burst in vietnam, but used full auto in afghanistan.
IA drills troops on single shot and burst fire.
Currently IA operates in COIN environment hence these modes are preferred to avoid collateral damage.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
IA drills troops on single shot and burst fire.
Currently IA operates in COIN environment hence these modes are preferred to avoid collateral damage.
Nah, not just in COIN. Bursts are the go to for almost all fights, including near peer engagements.

Also, burst dont avoid collateral damage (how would they do that?) But mostly to avoid wasting ammo.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Yep. But incase you need to turn your assault rifle into impromptu LMG, full auto gives you that capability. In Insas, we needed separate INSAS LMG variant for that.

Otherwise, burst is the go to.
True but except for CQC full auto is not feasible with assault rifles.
Bipod on LMG gives it stability to enable long range automatic fire (> 25 m).

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
True but except for CQC full auto is not feasible with assault rifles.
Bipod on LMG gives it stability to enable long range automatic fire (> 25 m).
What? LOL. No, you can shoot full auto with good accuracy much, much farther than 25m, even with standard assault rifle. LMGs do it till 400-500 m accurately. And CQB use of full auto is possible, who said otherwise?

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Nah, not just in COIN. Bursts are the go to for almost all fights, including near peer engagements.
That what I said. Single shot and burst fire are preferred by IA in all types of combat and hence are drilled into its soldiers.
Also, burst dont avoid collateral damage (how would they do that?) But mostly to avoid wasting ammo.
During automatic fire unintentional rounds are fired due to difficulty to control fire or the rounds fired away from intended target.
To avoid accidental civilian casualties IA recommends to use Single shot and burst fire mode so soldiers can exercise maximum control on their fire.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
To avoid accidental civilian casualties IA recommends to use Single shot and burst fire mode so soldiers can exercise maximum control on their fire.
Full auto isnt that uncontrollable, spread even at 100 m is like 2-4 feet.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Full auto isnt that uncontrollable, spread even at 100 m is like 2-4 feet.
When you are standing upright in firing range few good shooter can manage but not all. When enemy is firing back at you and you are behind cover in award position full auto is not practical.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
What? LOL. No, you can shoot full auto with good accuracy much, much farther than 25m, even with standard assault rifle. LMGs do it till 400-500 m accurately. And CQB use of full auto is possible, who said otherwise?
Not everyone can shoot accurately full automatic at long ranges hence IA decide to have single shot and burst fire on INSAS.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
I have read the memoirs of a Chinese frontier defense company commander, which mentioned that there was a negotiation,
Indian officers were carried to the mountain by Indian soldiers in sedan chairs to negotiate
Lol. The chinese commander was either fibbing for effect/propaganda, or had just smoked some afghaan maal.

Also, In India sedan chairs arent common - Even Palkis were reserved for women. Sedan chairs etc was chinese custom for high ranking officials during emperor rule.

I have seen the treatment of Indian soldiers, which is very high compared to Indian society. In essence, the Indian army has assumed the role of attracting a large number of unemployed youths. A large number of infantry and mountain divisions in India are essentially light infantry with low combat capability. , no threat,

The first is the high salary.
1) Didnt understand the connection between willing people and low combat capability? Also, ofcourse people joining IA will be unemployed (you cant have another job simultaneously in the army). If you are trying to call them Unemployable, then you are just flat out wrong.

And no, army doesnt get paid well. Further, conscripts will get paid even less, its not about money. Its about cultural differences where the nation is valued more than the individual.

Though I agree the numbers will be bloated, higher than real. However, this is a survey done in peacetime. Opinions change in case of actual conflict, and the numbers are realistic.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
I have seen the treatment of Indian soldiers, which is very high compared to Indian society. In essence, the Indian army has assumed the role of attracting a large number of unemployed youths. A large number of infantry and mountain divisions in India are essentially light infantry with low combat capability. , no threat,
As for China, there is not such a deep gap between Chinese soldiers and officers. A large number of soldiers can apply for military academies instead of getting a so-called commissioned officer. I have read the memoirs of a Chinese frontier defense company commander, which mentioned that there was a negotiation,
Indian officers were carried to the mountain by Indian soldiers in sedan chairs to negotiate
Secondly, the so-called 75% of Indians are willing to join the army. There are two reasons. The first is the high salary. Second, the survey itself is misleading. Of course, people are willing to say that they want to sacrifice their lives for the country. At least that's what they say
Just try passing a written or physical exam for the military in india then you will eat your statement up.even for central police the physical is running 5km in 24 minutes and that not something any unemployed idiot can do in a whim you need to prepare years to get the military .

Last edited:

Vayuputra

Country flag
Buddy u r comparing 39 and 51 calibre bullets u should know the firepower difference and with bare eyes 51 calibre bullets provide more range then 39 calibre
That's science
Sorry to say are u seriously comparing a rifle with snipers
U seriously need to read a lot
Don't take it wrongly
If an ak 47 is fired from 130 degrees angle, bullet can reach up to 4.5 kms, in usa a man was killed by an ak 47 round that was fired from 4 kms away.its the longest kill ever recorded by an assault rifle

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles