Aircraft Crash Notification

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
Tejas Mk1a - We only replaced the squadrons of Bison (120). But we have used 1200 Mig 21 at peak time. Compared to that we ordered just for ordering the platform which is far more superior and much cheaper to operate due to advancements in technology.

Tejas Mk2 - Combined fleet of Jaguar, Mig 29 UPG, Mirage 2000I is 246 and it roughly translates to 14 squadrons (approx with 18 per squadrons). But in reality IAF is committed only 6 squadrons of MK2 thus we will have shortfall in this area. Tejas Mk2 can perform the roles of these 3 planes but somehow we have some sort of reluctance.

Same is going for IA which is sitting on Multiple artillery systems of DRDO, OFB and private companies but still the deal is not able to signed and ready to jump on ATHOS and every f**king artillery pieces that is foreign.

Chimpoo

Country flag
Supposedly , Russian mercenary group Wagner, using a Pantsir S1 air defense system ,shot down an American MQ-9 Reaper UAV in Libya. The shootdown happened near Benina International Airport & Airbase , which is located just east of the major seaport of Benghazi

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Supposedly , Russian mercenary group Wagner, using a Pantsir S1 air defense system ,shot down an American MQ-9 Reaper UAV in Libya. The shootdown happened near Benina International Airport & Airbase , which is located just east of the major seaport of Benghazi

I think it’s Libyan National Army operated Pantsir not Wagner.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
No surprise there. Because of the unforgiving environment and harsh landings/takeoff, naval planes wear out much faster and are much more maintenance intensive. Only country to figure how to deal with these things is USA and its company, Boeing.
Naval MiG-29s were always inferior to their Airforce equivalents, at this rate we will not have to replace fulcrums soon, all of them would be underwater by the time INS Vishal gets commissioned.

Vamsi

Country flag
Naval MiG-29s were always inferior to their Airforce equivalents, at this rate we will not have to replace fulcrums soon, all of them would be underwater by the time INS Vishal gets commissioned.
They should have started TEDBF in 2016 itself, I don't understand why they initially chose NLCA-MK2 and then decided for TEDBF

dfcool

Country flag

Vamsi

Country flag
Last edited:

Blademaster

They should have started TEDBF in 2016 itself, I don't understand why they initially chose NLCA-MK2 and then decided for TEDBF
Learning curve and they had no working engine program at that time. Kaveri program wasn’t producing the results they were looking for.

It have been easier to do a one engine fighter plane than a two engine plane and learn what it takes to be a successful naval fighter plane.

dfcool

Country flag
It seems you didn't get my question, they started TEDBF in 2019, they should have started it in 2016 itself
there was no plan to develop TEDBF in 2016. (do you have source for early TEDBF announcement)

we tested NCLA and it did not meet expectations so IN working on procuring 57 MRCBF between 2016-2019.

later, in 2019 defence ministry revisited NLCA came up with TEDBF and program officially kicked off from there.

Vamsi

Country flag
there was no plan to develop TEDBF in 2016. (do you have source for early TEDBF announcement)

we tested NCLA and it did not meet expectations so IN working on procuring 57 MRCBF between 2016-2019.

later, in 2019 defence ministry came up with TEDBF and program officially kicked off from there.

I made a typo, What I meant is "They should have started it in 2016"

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
Won't say they were inferior.
Infact the RD-33MK on Mig 29K is superior to the RD-33 Series 3 on Mig 29 UPG, it generates 7% more thrust, has digital FADEC and is smokeless.
Its the harsh nature of deck based landings that is the main cause of Mig 29K crashes, also another problem is that Mig 29K is an evolution of the Mig 29 program rather than being a clean sheet design, this is where the problem lies.

Global Defence

Articles