Aircraft Crash Notification

jai jaganath

Country flag
After hearing this news I literally cried and at that time my dfi account got banned
Point is there is no point of scolding or bashing iaf online or even in media
They are stubborned as this entire fiasco is churning the high level iaf and mod officials along with politicians
Thsy barely care of pilots life 😪 nor they can see the absolute need of them in future scenarios the way world is being moulded to
If iaf wants it's pilots to be safe it must have until now paid more money to hal in order to increase production rate as we know no of jets per years is proportional to amt of money u give
I know delivery date can't be made earlier but production rate can be increased by more money and in the remaining time we can give extra orders and increase nos of mk1a but no this shows their seriousness and I am not disappointed by iaf bcoz that's what they are from past 75 years no one can change them but feeling bad for those pilots who have left their mother father maybe wife and child for none of their fault and also not for the national defence but only for greed of officials who are having 72-75 billion dollars budget
Many will come and find some mistakes in my post and we will start arguing
Yeah might be few of my facts here could wrong but 2 beautiful life's are lost due to any of the reason wrt mig-21 retirement and replacement
2 warriors had a wonderful future and large world waiting for them but greed broke everything
These are the things I thought I might be late in responding but I wanted to avoid this thread after the news but suddenly I thought writing it wouldn't make anything better but nothing worse
Om Shanti 🕉 🕉 🕉
May their souls find the way similar to warriors bcoz they died fighting this evil system without complain nor hesitation
These are the rare people of this nation who give everything for not only nation but also for greed of nation planners
May their souls rest in power

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Indian Air Force says will retire all squadrons of MiG-21 by 2025

On Thursday evening, a MiG-21 Type 69 Trainer aircraft crashed in Barmer, Rajasthan killing both the pilots

Amid recent crashes involving its vintage Russian combat aircraft fleet, the Indian Air Force is now going to retire one more squadron of the MiG-21 Bison aircraft by September 30.

On Thursday evening, a MiG-21 Type 69 Trainer aircraft crashed in Barmer, Rajasthan killing both the pilots.

"The 51 Squadron based out of Srinagar air base is being number plated on September 30. After this, only three squadrons of the planes would be left in service and would be phased out by the year 2025," sources in the IAF told ANI.

Now every year, one squadron each of these planes would be number plated, they said.

The 51 squadron is famous for thwarting Pakistan's aerial attack on India on February 27, 2019, and taking out an F-16 in an aircraft flown by Wing Commander (now Group Captain) Abhinandan Varthaman.

This is the only instance when a MiG-21 aircraft brought down an F-16 in air-to-air combat, the sources said.

The IAF has been replacing the MiG-21 fighter jets with more capable aircraft like the Su-30 and the indigenous Light Combat Aircraft (LCA).

In the last 20 months, 6 MiG-21s have been lost in crashes in which five pilots have lost their lives.

The MiG-21s were supposed to be retired a long time ago but delays in induction of the LCA Tejas aircraft have forced the IAF to continue flying these planes.

The IAF carries out extensive checks on these planes before flying and all safety aspects are taken care of before the pilot takes off, the officials said.

The number-plated squadron would be reactivated soon with a more capable aircraft in the near future, the officials said.

(Only the headline and picture of this report may have been reworked by the Business Standard staff; the rest of the content is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

https://www.business-standard.com/a...uadrons-of-mig-21-by-2025-122072900404_1.html

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Decisions of IAF have shown it doesn't care much for its pilots life. What can anyone do then . If they orders 120 mk1 insted of 40 we could have retired all the migs by now.

But here we are.
"Just two fine young men ,who lost their life in the duty towards the country and motherland " thus mused a senior IAF officer while sipping on a glass of fine scotch in the officers mess.

jai jaganath

Country flag
"Just two fine young men ,who lost their life in the duty towards the country and motherland " thus mused a senior IAF officer while sipping on a glass of fine scotch in the officers mess.
Until now I couldn't come out of the thinking of the pain of their families
Do even iaf care about our pilots bcoz those senior gernails were also one of those
After so many crashes those marshals don't have a little shame that still they want to kill more pilots bcoz of their and their juniors greed
Iaf has lost all their respect for an Indian who basic knowledge about defence
Who will send their child to iaf when they know that senior gernails or institution doesn't give damn to pilots and their lives
Those who are joining iaf even now have my all respects that they are still joining the institution knowing or unknowing the fact that the institution doesn't care about them

Angel of War

Country flag
They don't, now they don't
You cannot blame civilian bureaucracy now, it's the iaf which has something very rotten in its structure
Civil bureaucracy is present at all levels of decision making in mod. People blame IAF for poor planning , let's say that is true. But we also see similar problems with the army and navy regarding issues related to modernisation. Now you can say that the leadership of IA,IN is rotten to the core but when you carefully at the entire problem you will find one thing in common - bureaucrats/babus . Somehow all accquisition delays are linked to MOD which in turn is run by our dear babus

Angel of War

Country flag
this is rude. IAF doesn't have a prominent mess culture like Army. They only have station mess for dining , nothing else. BTW, what's the problem with liquor ? This is a very pessimistic view of the situation . Do you think they are flying mig21s by their own will ?

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
this is rude. IAF doesn't have a prominent mess culture like Army. They only have station mess for dining , nothing else. BTW, what's the problem with liquor ? This is a very pessimistic view of the situation . Do you think they are flying mig21s by their own will ?
They bloody are flying due to their own will , with all due respect brother .
Your father is in the army, i understand why you might feel offended but understand that I have immense respect for army and other branches and shall always be gratefull for the service defense personnel render to this nation of ours .
But if you find the above post pessimistic, then the situation is indeed pessimistic .
See I think the iaf thinks like , "give me MRFA or give me blood ". And that is what we get .
Losing 180 fine young men over the years and losing more than half of the 840 constructed mig 21s built here says something, isn't it ?
I don't know if you know about Tejas history , but it flew in 2001 , they could have inducted it way back, they didn't.
Even jf 17 initially was a duck now it has evolved and is a good fighter .
Tejas has a impeccable flight safety record.
not only that, look at other planes , the jags, the sukhois , the other migs they don't crash as such .
A mirage 2000 crash is a rare event
India got first of these mig 21s In 1976 , although USsr made ones were used in 1965 also.
As far iaf mess culture is concerned, iam a civilian but I think i have my own good understanding about IAF mess culture specifically, for I have seen them myself closely for 5 years in jamangr , another base which had mig 21s , 29s , jags , MI 17 , avro 748 stationed there .and occasional c17s but regular an 32 and IL 76 visitors.
I remember Sncos mess, and what their kids had to say about those parties.
Which is none of my business , rather I appreciate this mess culture of the military, as they basically put their lives on the line and should be given more of everything cheaper rates including alcohol , regarding which I have no issue , gentlemen deserve the finest liquors and liqueurs
But it's not fitting for a nation like India to continue to operate mig 21 bisons .
And it's frustrating, just darn frustrating .
Two pilots lost and months of training and a lifetime of human skill set went to dust.

Last edited:

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Civil bureaucracy is present at all levels of decision making in mod. People blame IAF for poor planning , let's say that is true. But we also see similar problems with the army and navy regarding issues related to modernisation. Now you can say that the leadership of IA,IN is rotten to the core but when you carefully at the entire problem you will find one thing in common - bureaucrats/babus . Somehow all accquisition delays are linked to MOD which in turn is run by our dear babus
We need a war office , or the decisions should be taken at commitees levels instead of passing it through the ministerial bureaucracy.
The military staff must be members directly of the committee which has pm and defense minister directly.

Angel of War

Country flag
Until now I couldn't come out of the thinking of the pain of their families
Do even iaf care about our pilots bcoz those senior gernails were also one of those

After so many crashes those marshals don't have a little shame that still they want to kill more pilots bcoz of their and their juniors greed
Senior officers are not the ones sign contracts and clears accquistion, MOD does.
Iaf has lost all their respect for an Indian who basic knowledge about defence
Who will send their child to iaf when they know that senior gernails or institution doesn't give damn to pilots and their lives

Those who are joining iaf even now have my all respects that they are still joining the institution knowing or unknowing the fact that the institution doesn't care about them
What basic knowledge are you talking about , knowing about weapons platforms isn't called basic defence knowledge. Do you know how the armed forces function as an institution ? Do you know how much effort does the academy and the instructor put in to carve out a fine young officer ? If their lives were not valuable to them then why would they spend " CRORES" of Rupees just to train a single young man ! The IAF loves it's pilots and that's why it spends crores on it's pilots , most of the senior officers know the hazards of flying such vintage pieces , but the administrative structure above the IAF HQ is crooked as $hit ! The sheer intensity of conflict between the services and bureaucrats is horrifying. above the IAF HQ everyone just wants their fair share in the deal. It's them who don't care about the lives of our soldiers.

Angel of War

Country flag
They bloody are flying due to their own will , with all due respect brother .
Your father is in the army, i understand why you might feel offended but understand that I have immense respect for army and other branches and shall always be gratefull for the service defense personnel render to this nation of ours .
But if you find the above post pessimistic, then the situation is indeed pessimistic .
See I think the iaf thinks like , "give me MRFA or give me blood ". And that is what we get .
Losing 180 fine young men over the years and losing more than half of the 840 constructed mig 21s built here says something, isn't it ?
I don't know if you know about Tejas history , but it flew in 2001 , they could have inducted it way back, they didn't.
Even jf 17 initially was a duck now it has evolved and is a good fighter .
Tejas has a impeccable flight safety record.
not only that, look at other planes , the jags, the sukhois , the other migs they don't crash as such .
A mirage 2000 crash is a rare event
India got first of these mig 21s In 1976 , although USsr made ones were used in 1965 also.
You know the truth about MRFA don't you ? The IAF had selected Rafale as the platform of choice on 31st Jan 2012 , all that was left were the negotiations which were to be done by the MoD with OEM m/s Dassault aviation.
However, the deal stalled due to disagreements over production in India. Dassault refused to take responsibility for the 108 HAL-manufactured Rafales, as it had reservations about the ability of HAL to accommodate the complex manufacturing and technology transfers of the aircraft.
The negotiations were about to be concluded and then suddenly the modi govt came into power and scrapped the whole deal. Now tell me who is at fault ? IAF's job was to select an aircraft which they did in due time. But then who failed to do their part of the job ? It's the MoD. They were supposed to solve the disputes between the OEM and the Licensing partner, just when we thought deal is to be signed suddenly BJP came and the whole deal was thrown in a dustbin. IAF ki galti hai kya ?

Javelin_Sam

Country flag
Nonsense. IAF sat on the Tejas Mk1a file for 3 years in the name of price negotiations to bring down the price to which nobody will deliver a modern bvr capable 4.5 gen fbw fighter with AESA, ISPJ. Finally last year they had to yield for the price decided during the time of Parikkar. Additional Tejas FOC standards in A2A config could have been ordered in 2014-2015 itself if they wanted with a indigenous mfg friendly government. But they wanted Tejas now to prove as a multirole before giving firm orders, testing and conducting trials from Kashmir to Kanyakumari. This is the same IAF that inducted the initial batches of Su-30 basically as DuD and then Israelis and French came to the rescue. The original 40 Dud Su 30s had to be returned back. Same with the case when Mirage and Jags were acquired initially. Thanks to Manohar Parrikar and MoD putting the foot down. Else even now 83 mk1a would be in papers. The same attitude is shown towards LCH, LUH and other domestic products while quarelling with IA as to who should fly Attack rotor gunships. The IAF chief so far haven't been bothered to do a sortie in Tejas. No he is going to do a sortie in Mig 21 next week. What for? To say to his Juniors to keep flying the junk meanwhile he keeps on dreaming about the gold plated USD 20 billion 114 MRFA.

jai jaganath

Country flag
Senior officers are not the ones sign contracts and clears accquistion, MOD does.
What basic knowledge are you talking about , knowing about weapons platforms isn't called basic defence knowledge. Do you know how the armed forces function as an institution ? Do you know how much effort does the academy and the instructor put in to carve out a fine young officer ? If their lives were not valuable to them then why would they spend " CRORES" of Rupees just to train a single young man ! The IAF loves it's pilots and that's why it spends crores on it's pilots , most of the senior officers know the hazards of flying such vintage pieces , but the administrative structure above the IAF HQ is crooked as $hit ! The sheer intensity of conflict between the services and bureaucrats is horrifying. above the IAF HQ everyone just wants their fair share in the deal. It's them who don't care about the lives of our soldiers.
What r u speaking bro
It was iaf concerned gernails who tried best to destroy tejas
It was iaf concerned gernails who pushed 3 years for 83 tejas in name of price negotiation and atlast bought it in same one just delayed it
It was iaf concerned gernail comparing mig 21 replacement as mmrca not tejas and explaining money required for it
Tejas was replacement for mig 21 but in greed of mmrca for their post retirement life and their child studying in foreign prestigious universities
Moreover every gernail had goal for lobbying different fighters from which they gave taken money so delay it in order to force it
Attitude is let my fighter get selected or no other fighter gets selected

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
You know the truth about MRFA don't you ? The IAF had selected Rafale as the platform of choice on 31st Jan 2012 , all that was left were the negotiations which were to be done by the MoD with OEM m/s Dassault aviation.
However, the deal stalled due to disagreements over production in India. Dassault refused to take responsibility for the 108 HAL-manufactured Rafales, as it had reservations about the ability of HAL to accommodate the complex manufacturing and technology transfers of the aircraft.
The negotiations were about to be concluded and then suddenly the modi govt came into power and scrapped the whole deal. Now tell me who is at fault ? IAF's job was to select an aircraft which they did in due time. But then who failed to do their part of the job ? It's the MoD. They were supposed to solve the disputes between the OEM and the Licensing partner, just when we thought deal is to be signed suddenly BJP came and the whole deal was thrown in a dustbin. IAF ki galti hai kya ?
Well atleast modi government bought the iaf something, something is better than nothing.
It was Tejas which was to replace mig, nobody knows who does what in the mil - bureaucracy circle .

vishnugupt

Country flag
GurMehar Kaur was just a demo what military school teach in Sainik schools.

Ever talk childrens of military personnel their narrow thinking and shallowness in talk always amage us.

I don't know if these people ever know anything beyond their barbed wire fence of colony.

Last edited:

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
I just heard about the recent MiG-21 crash in Rajasthan's Barmer last Thursday. All pilots onboard were sadly killed.

My opinion : Looks like IAF is not in the mood for replacing MiG-21s, Rather they want to use its airframe life till it's maximum limit.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles