Aircraft Crash Notification

sorcerer

Country flag
India Air Force's MiG-21 crashes in Punjab, pilot killed

Reacting to the death of the pilot of the fighter jet, the Indian Air Force said in a statement that it condoles the tragic loss and stands firmly with the bereaved family.

Defcon 1

Country flag
The lust of foreign aircraft and commissions continues to take it's toll on our pilots.

If navy had the foresight to understand the cost issues and go indigenous to great effect what kind of world was our airforce living in.

Delaying tejas on every step rejecting it until govt shoved it down their throat. These people let the entire airforce degrade over time just for their petty gains hope karma catches up to them one day.
You are right. Navy has shown the way by ordering 123 LCA. Wait, what?

Knowitall

You have to be really stupid to make this statement.

The navy has shown the way by making in house designs like karmota class kolkata class vishakhapatanam class arihant class shivalik class vikrant p-17a class tankers OPV and patrol vessels.

I can go on and on but I hope you get the point.

Compared to that it took great effort on the part of our govt to convince the airforce to finally buy tejas when it became clear that we didn't have the budget to procure 200 foreign jets.

Today from sonar to new radars and naval designs the Navy has established a firm supply and design chain and is even exporting ships to other countries.

Defcon 1

Country flag
You have to be really stupid to make this statement.

The navy has shown the way by making in house designs like karmota class kolkata class vishakhapatanam class arihant class shivalik class vikrant p-17a class tankers OPV and patrol vessels.

I can go on and on but I hope you get the point.

Compared to that it took great effort on the part of our govt to convince the airforce to finally buy tejas when it became clear that we didn't have the budget to procure 200 foreign jets.

Today from sonar to new radars and naval designs the Navy has established a firm supply and design chain and is even exporting ships to other countries.
No you have to be really stupid to believe your BS.

The fact of the matter is that all the above ships you have named use foreign engines, radar, weapons, everything. the so called indigenous in them is licensed produced

But the same license produced MKI is considered foreign while kamorta is considered indigenous.

Navy has really done good PR of making people believe that they care about indignization. their cancellation of NLCA was clearly a betrayal. But fanboys ka kya kahe?

Defcon 1

Country flag
Navy Cancelled NLCA because it didn't have the ability to carry required payload. So didn't they know that before? Didn't they know what L stands for in LCA? Or did NLCA become extremely heavy all of a sudden? And if navy did know, why did they strung along ADA for 2 decades, forcing them to build and test NLCA prototypes, effort which saved, could have resulted in LCA getting inducted years before and us having many more LCA in our inventory by now?

Knowitall

No you have to be really stupid to believe your BS.

The fact of the matter is that all the above ships you have named use foreign engines, radar, weapons, everything. the so called indigenous in them is licensed produced.

But the same license produced MKI is considered foreign while kamorta is considered indigenous.

Navy has really done good PR of making people believe that they care about indignization. their cancellation of NLCA was clearly a betrayal. But fanboys ka kya kahe?
INS Kamorta and INS Kadmatt, the First Two of Class of 4 ASW Corvettes became the first warships built in the country with indigenously developed warship grade steel-DMR 249A, These Ships have the distinction of achieving over 90 % Indigenous Equipment Fit and hence a major step towards achieving Self Reliance in State of the Art Warship Design and Construction.

Landing Craft Utlity (LCU) class of ships delivered so far, over 90% Indigenous Equipment Fits has been achieved.

The LCU Ships being built by GRSE are fully designed In House as per requirements specified by Indian Navy. These are Biggest & Fastest LCU Vessels worldwide in its Category. Interestingly, too 70 % Indigenous Equipment Fit in construction of four Follow On WJFACs and 72 % indigenization of the Rail Less Auto Tensioning Winch Wire Helicopter Traversing System on board 3rd ASW Corvette, INS Kiltan

1621597751780.png

The equipment and machinery fitted on board ships in the three categories of Float, Move and Fight has been indigenised to the extent of 90%, 60% and 30% respectively and this was some time back.

Now:-

Fight category has now reached 45%.

The fact of the matter is that all the above ships you have named use foreign engines, radar, weapons, everything. the so called indigenous in them is licensed produced.
Oh really

In weapons:-

Brahmos

This was back in 2018 now the indigenous equipment will be close to 85% with the new seeker and bosster.

Barak 8 missile

"More than 70 per cent of the content in the Missile being developed with Israel would be indigenous." DRDO chief V. K. Saraswat

Kavach chaff decoy system

Indigenous system manufactured by The Ordnance Factory Board of India.

Indigenous Twin Tube Torpedo Launcher (ITTL)

The Indigenous Twin Tube Torpedo Launcher (ITTL) is a Heavy Weight Torpedo (HWT) Launching system made by Larsen & Toubro Limited.

Varunastra Torpedo

The Varunastra is a domestic heavyweight torpedo developed by DRDO’sNaval Science and Technological Laboratory for the Indian Navy and manufactured by Bharat Dynamics Limited. This torpedo has more than 95 per cent indigenous content.

Maareech Advanced Torpedo Defense System (ATDS) countermeasures

It was developed as a joint project of the Naval Physical and Oceanographic Laboratory (NPOL) from Kochi and the Naval Science and Technological Laboratory (NSTL) from Visakhapatnam.

BEL HUMSA-NG hull mounted, active / passive sonar suite

developed by the Naval Physical and Oceanographic Laboratory (NPOL), Kochi and produced by Bharat Electronics Ltd. (BEL)

Radars:-

BEL’s RAWL-02 Mk-III is long range L band surveillance radar for detection of air and surface targets.

BEL APARNA Radar for Navigation and Fire Control

ELLORA ESM & ECM Electronic Warfare System (EW)

I can go on if you wish too and this is when i have not added systems which are domestically produced under license.

How about doing a bit of research and not making a clown out of yourself.

vishnugupt

Country flag
By the way, where are these 123 LCA right now?? At least Naval ships are floating somewhere in the ocean or docks with 50-70% indigenization.

It is not about the degree of indigenization but about planning and vision which IAF and Army lack.

Everybody knows IAF didn't order Tejas ( Mig21 ++ ) it was thurst down by MOD.

IAF is excellent in one job ..... giving pilots dog names like.. Tolly, Lody, Fuddu

Defcon 1

Country flag
INS Kamorta and INS Kadmatt, the First Two of Class of 4 ASW Corvettes became the first warships built in the country with indigenously developed warship grade steel-DMR 249A, These Ships have the distinction of achieving over 90 % Indigenous Equipment Fit and hence a major step towards achieving Self Reliance in State of the Art Warship Design and Construction.

Landing Craft Utlity (LCU) class of ships delivered so far, over 90% Indigenous Equipment Fits has been achieved.

The LCU Ships being built by GRSE are fully designed In House as per requirements specified by Indian Navy. These are Biggest & Fastest LCU Vessels worldwide in its Category. Interestingly, too 70 % Indigenous Equipment Fit in construction of four Follow On WJFACs and 72 % indigenization of the Rail Less Auto Tensioning Winch Wire Helicopter Traversing System on board 3rd ASW Corvette, INS Kiltan

View attachment 90976

The equipment and machinery fitted on board ships in the three categories of Float, Move and Fight has been indigenised to the extent of 90%, 60% and 30% respectively and this was some time back.

Now:-

Fight category has now reached 45%.

Oh really

In weapons:-

Brahmos

This was back in 2018 now the indigenous equipment will be close to 85% with the new seeker and bosster.

Barak 8 missile

"More than 70 per cent of the content in the Missile being developed with Israel would be indigenous." DRDO chief V. K. Saraswat

Kavach chaff decoy system

Indigenous system manufactured by The Ordnance Factory Board of India.

Indigenous Twin Tube Torpedo Launcher (ITTL)

The Indigenous Twin Tube Torpedo Launcher (ITTL) is a Heavy Weight Torpedo (HWT) Launching system made by Larsen & Toubro Limited.

Varunastra Torpedo

The Varunastra is a domestic heavyweight torpedo developed by DRDO’sNaval Science and Technological Laboratory for the Indian Navy and manufactured by Bharat Dynamics Limited. This torpedo has more than 95 per cent indigenous content.

Maareech Advanced Torpedo Defense System (ATDS) countermeasures

It was developed as a joint project of the Naval Physical and Oceanographic Laboratory (NPOL) from Kochi and the Naval Science and Technological Laboratory (NSTL) from Visakhapatnam.

BEL HUMSA-NG hull mounted, active / passive sonar suite

developed by the Naval Physical and Oceanographic Laboratory (NPOL), Kochi and produced by Bharat Electronics Ltd. (BEL)

Radars:-

BEL’s RAWL-02 Mk-III is long range L band surveillance radar for detection of air and surface targets.

BEL APARNA Radar for Navigation and Fire Control

ELLORA ESM & ECM Electronic Warfare System (EW)

I can go on if you wish too and this is when i have not added systems which are domestically produced under license.

How about doing a bit of research and not making a clown out of yourself.
How can kamorta have 90% indigenous equipment when:
1. Engines are french
2. Gearbox is french
3. FCR is Israeli
4. Gun is Italian
5. CIWS is Russian
6. Anti Sub rockets are Russian
7. SAM is Israeli
8. Helicopter is british

Are you trying to say that above components are just 10% of all equipment that is on Kamorta, and rest is 90%?

:facepalm:

Defcon 1

Country flag
By the way, where are these 123 LCA right now?? At least Naval ships are floating somewhere in the ocean or docks with 50-70% indigenization.

It is not about the degree of indigenization but about planning and vision which IAF and Army lack.

Everybody knows IAF didn't order Tejas ( Mig21 ++ ) it was thurst down by MOD.

IAF is excellent in one job ..... giving pilots dog names like.. Tolly, Lody, Fuddu
You are right. It is completely IAF's lack of planning that FOC ordered 12 years ago haven't been delivered yet because LOGIC

Maitreya Shyam

Country flag
Sorry writing this in hindi english jab 123 tejas la order diya hai to wo aaya kyu nahi hai aur tejas ka eek bhi crash nahi hua hai abhi tak

Knowitall

1. Engines are french
2. Gearbox is french
3. FCR is Israeli
4. Gun is Italian
5. CIWS is Russian
7. SAM is Israeli
8. Helicopter is british

Are you trying to say that above components are just 10% of all equipment that is on Kamorta, and rest is 90%?

:facepalm:
Wtf

So according to you the official website of GSRE is wrong about the vessels they built but you are right??

As far as I am concerned I will take their word over yours any day.

Defcon 1

Country flag
Wtf

So according to you the official website of GSRE is wrong about the vessels they built but you are right??

As far as I am concerned I will take their word over yours any day.
So when u were not able to point out a single mistake in my post, the only argument that u had left was GRSE word over mine?

Ok sure bro, take their word over mine. I can't convince people who deliberately put wool over their eyes anyways. But its just another example of how good navy PR is at fooling gullible people like you.

IndianHawk

Country flag
So when u were not able to point out a single mistake in my post, the only argument that u had left was GRSE word over mine?

Ok sure bro, take their word over mine. I can't convince people who deliberately put wool over their eyes anyways. But its just another example of how good navy PR is at fooling gullible people like you.
It's not simply PR. Navy has designed the vessel in house and build the platform along with all software in house. All these components are chosen because they are already being built in india either under partnership with ip rights like bramhos or under long term license productions.

It's not Navy's fault if totally indigenous cruise missiles are not ready. But navy can incorporate them onto its vessels as they get ready.

Similarly many indigenous content is progressively increasing BEL radars , humsa NG sonar are all almost ready and we will see them on navy vessels in mlu or new classes .

Knowitall

Not able to point a single mistake??

So you wont stop with your clownery will you.

1. Engines are french
2. Gearbox is french
3. FCR is Israeli
4. Gun is Italian
5. CIWS is Russian
7. SAM is Israeli
8. Helicopter is british
Top kek right here

1. Karmota does not have any SAM system onoard as of now.

2. Anti sub rockets are not russian

Indian industry has produced a domestic version of the Russian RGB-60 Rocket called the HAPP (Heavy Alloy Penetrator Project) in 2010, to support the needs of the Indian Navy.
The HAPP weights 110 kg and delivers a 25 kg warhead to a range of 5.8 km within ten seconds.
Also, in 2009, the smaller range RGB-12 Rocket with 1.5 km range was successfully developed.

1621661025477.png

The corvettes use two Larsen & Toubro built derivatives of the RBU-6000 anti-submarine rocket launcher, as well as Larsen & Toubro torpedo tube launchers.

3. No the guns are not Italian.

They were indigenized long ago

everything from production installation life cycle support is done in India itself.

4. Helicopters are generally not counted but if you wish to why not count indigenous dhruv helicopters which are regularly used in IN ships.

1621662419395.png

1621662513666.png

Also:-

• Revati 3D surveillance radar
  • HUMSA (Hull Mounted Sonar Advanced)
  • Kavach naval decoy system
  • BEL RAWL02 (Signaal LW08) antenna communication grid - Gigabit Ethernet-based integrated ship borne data network, with a fiber optic cable backbone running through the vessel
  • BEL Shikari
  • Bomber Electronic warfare (EW) suites - BEL Ajanta
  • DESEAVER MK
  • Sanket

And finally.

This is from GRSE website

1621662940877.png

This is from India navy website

1621663034907.png

SO your claims of PR do not make any sense until and unless the builder GRSE the buyer Indian navy and the funder MOD are all lying because "PR".

Once again please make some proper arguments instead of all is PR only i know everything gibberish.

sorcerer

Country flag
Nigerian Army Chief dies in aircraft crash
Abuja [Nigeria], May 22 (ANI): Nigeria's army chief Lieutenant General Ibrahim Attahiru is said to have died in a plane crash during a visit to the northern state of Kaduna, according to local media reports.

A Nigerian air force aircraft crashed on Friday evening near an international airport in Kaduna state, an air force spokesperson was quoted as saying by Xinhua. The spokesperson said in a statement that the immediate cause of the crash is still being ascertained.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles