Aircraft Carrier Based AWACS for Indian Navy Importance

keshtopatel

Simply Coz the talk is abt possible Naval Platforms for Indian AWACS for Indian Carriers..

Reason why is posted already..

You have a better Idea pls share..
All of a sudden you started this YAK stuff, so the onus is on you and not anyone else who did not mentioned it........

Rage

DFI TEAM
I don't think an MKI's radar will track surface movement, unless it is in strike mode. Am I correct?
If my knowledge serves me correct, I think it can simultaneously track both air and ground targets. The polarization can be manually switched by a 90° field for surface search, even while the phased array steers the mainlobe through +/- 70° azimuth, +/- 40° elevation.

sandeepdg

Embraer don't have any Naval based platform for AWACS, But Russia can provide Yak-44 ( Closed Project ) It will be restated as Russian were too looking at NAVAL AWACS system for their carriers..
I know about Embraer's capabilities, dude. And just because they don't have one, doesn't mean a carrier based version can't be developed. HAL and Embraer can work on it together. It also benefits the Brazilian Navy since they can also operate the AWACS from their carrier Sau Paulo which is equipped with catapults. I was suggesting that something can be worked out with the Brazilians if the government shows the interest. Embraer is, according to me, the best aircraft developer in the third world. All their products have had stupendous success, and appreciated the world over, something the Russians cannot match, although most of them are meant for civilian purposes. Also, I have never heard any government communication regarding any plans for the Yak-44 with respect to our requirements. It's a great aircraft though, and probably the best contender to the E2-D, saddening to see it has been buried due to disinterest by the Russians.

Last edited:

Crusader53

It's likely the Indian Navy will live with a Helocopter based AWACS Types for the IAC-1. Which, will be followed by a purchase of Hawkeyes for the forthcoming IAC-2&3.........

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I know about Embraer's capabilities, dude. And just because they don't have one, doesn't mean a carrier based version can't be developed. HAL and Embraer can work on it together. It also benefits the Brazilian Navy since they can also operate the AWACS from their carrier Sau Paulo which is equipped with catapults. I was suggesting that something can be worked out with the Brazilians if the government shows the interest. Embraer is, according to me, the best aircraft developer in the third world. All their products have had stupendous success, and appreciated the world over, something the Russians cannot match, although most of them are meant for civilian purposes. Also, I have never heard any government communication regarding any plans for the Yak-44 with respect to our requirements. It's a great aircraft though, and probably the best contender to the E2-D, saddening to see it has been buried due to disinterest by the Russians.

1.Why HAL like to work with a partner who dont have any experince in making of Carrier based AWACS?

2. Brazilian navy use American Hawkeyes on their own carrier, therfore why not JV with Americans?

Conclusion:
Its very unlikely that US will be giving us AWACS platforms for our AWACS..
Russian are the oldest parteners and their are 100% Possiablities that YAK will be flown from Kutuzov and newly planned carriers in near future, So this may be right opertunity for JV with Russian..
So, as for a good AWACS platform Russians seems better than US..

forigners

wow!!
Indian Navy is world Best navy. Day by day Indian Navy success.
Indian Navy wish You all the best.

Neil

Country flag
Russian are the oldest parteners and their are 100% Possiablities that YAK will be flown from Kutuzov and newly planned carriers in near future, So this may be right opertunity for JV with Russian..
but do you think they will partner with us...i mean it will more be buying selling than co-developing....if thats a fact than US hawkeye is better...

also can they land on are carriers...??

sandeepdg

1.Why HAL like to work with a partner who dont have any experince in making of Carrier based AWACS?

2. Brazilian navy use American Hawkeyes on their own carrier, therfore why not JV with Americans?

Conclusion:
Its very unlikely that US will be giving us AWACS platforms for our AWACS..
I was only suggesting and not implying that the HAL partners up with Embraer !! When we can work with Europeans, Americans, and Russians, what's wrong in working with them ? Its not as if we will be forever dependent on the Russians, is it ? And anyway, to be frank, I have more faith in Embraer's capabilities than that of HAL, actually I think they need to take lessons from them about how to make a successful aircraft one after the another ! If given an option to Embraer for a carrier AWACs version of the 145, I think they will be game for it. But anyway, that's my opinion, you are free to have yours !!! By the way, I will only in the believe in the YAK-44 program's future when I hear an official response from either side ! Currently, there's nothing to suggest that India has an interest in it.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
but do you think they will partner with us...i mean it will more be buying selling than co-developing....if thats a fact than US hawkeye is better...

also can they land on are carriers...??
As for now Hawk-eye is the best option, But when we have a talk abt carrier based AWACS than our present and history suggest that Russians are good for the JV or licence production of YAK-44 airframe with DRDO Awacs mounted..

Russians are good because we have and had many project with them for example in Navy like Russian Involvement in Delhi class destroyers, Brahmos missiles, In Airforce MKI..

debasree

Country flag
if our carrier cannot handle aew then we should go for land based systems for now and for their back up navy should have ows 2-3 tanker also.

sandeepdg

if our carrier cannot handle aew then we should go for land based systems for now and for their back up navy should have ows 2-3 tanker also.
Carrier and land based medium AWACS like the E-2 have limited ranges, and hence they don't have the need for air refueling as such. Planes like the IL-76 Phalcon do.

Rehan's_Ninjato

Is navy firm on IAC-2 or 3 or is it just fanboy's speculation about 65,000 tons CATOBAR carriers? As long as such flat-tops are not firmly projected we have to be content with Ka-31 and may be some shore based EW platforms. Its meaningless to purchase Hawkeye if we wish to standardize on STOBAR.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Second carrier is certain and a third is also possible.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles