Air Marshal K.D. Singh's statement on India can launch a short war.. :

luckyy

India can launch a short war in case of a Pak misadventure: Air Aarshal K.D. Singh

India will not hesitate to launch a short intense war in case of a 'misadventure' by Pakistan, Air Marshal K.D. Singh, Commander-in-Chief of South-Western Air Command (SWAC), has said. "In case of a misadventure of Pakistan triggered by major terrorist attack or the attack like the one we had on Parliament, attack on our leader, a major city, public or hijacking an aircraft, any such action by them can obviously lead to a reaction from India which could be a short intense war," the Air Marshal said. "India is a stable democracy surrounded by Pakistan, China, Nepal, Myanmar, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka which are troubled states," Air Marshal Singh said while delivering a lecture on 'Military view of Indian National Security" at a function here. He said there has been a conflict with these bordering countries since 1947, and the conflict with Pakistan and China have been causes of major concerns. "Policy of Pakistan being to bleed India with thousand cuts was initiated by General Zia-ul-Haq in 1987-88 to start terrorism against India," Air Marshal Singh said. He said that economic installations, especially oil refineries in Jamnagar, were highly potential terrorist targets.

Source: http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-ne...rshal-KD-Singh

luckyy

there is a misconseption among pakisan that there will not be any retaliation from indian side no matter how many terrorist attack they do in india......and this misconception is now has to be brocken.. ..

even in kargil musharaf was in misconseption that there will be a cease fire and they can keep their holds on the hills......

MMuthu

Do something such that they never ever think to come back.....

Antimony

I think the Service chiefs should concentrate in getting their joint warfare and limited warfare (whatever happened to "Cold Start"?:(() and helping their civilian masters understand the same rather than indulging in such verbal diarrohea

The service chiefs (or any serving officer) can't do a thing anyway, unless they get their marching orders from the government.

If any such statement needs to be given, it needs to be given by the government

This helps nothing, apart from raising the spirits of some jingos and downgrades the credibility of the service chiefs:((

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
I think the Service chiefs should concentrate in getting their joint warfare and limited warfare (whatever happened to "Cold Start"?:(() and helping their civilian masters understand the same rather than indulging in such verbal diarrohea

The service chiefs (or any serving officer) can't do a thing anyway, unless they get their marching orders from the government.

If any such statement needs to be given, it needs to be given by the government

This helps nothing, apart from raising the spirits of some jingos and downgrades the credibility of the service chiefs:((
I quite agree with you. Spare me this chest beating...
We always have people going "WAR ! WAR !". When the possibility arises, we get reports od lack of ammunition, preparedness, integration etc.

There was this interview after 26/11 in which Simi Garewal suggested "Carpet Bombing of Pakistan." When made aware of the fact that we have no bombers, she replied, "Can't our American fighters do it ?"

Sigh...

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
There was this interview after 26/11 in which Simi Garewal suggested "Carpet Bombing of Pakistan." When made aware of the fact that we have no bombers, she replied, "Can't our American fighters do it ?"
LOL :sarcastic: That's what happens when you ask an actress about warfare.

Antimony

Sigh...
I am fighting the urge to throw a Gav1n into this picture. Oh wait, just did it.:))
And I thought of Simi more as a "serious media personality"

VayuSena1

Professional
LOL :sarcastic: That's what happens when you ask an actress about warfare.
You must appreciate the fact that at least she is a strong supporter and an Indian patriot. I know that from defense perspective this looks silly but considering that you are asking the opinion to a celebrity that depends on public image, I have immense respect for her because she had the guts to condemn a country that has well proven itself as a ground for terrorists' safe haven, without giving a flying hoot about public image.

This is unlike the oh-so-wonderful bollywood actors who always flash a 'v' sign as a peace symbol without having the courage to come out and speak against anti-India elements.

Before pointing a finger and laughing at someone not from military,one must appreciate her courage to come beyond public glitz and glamor and check oneself . Infact, I and many of my colleagues agree with her and appreciate her nationalistic attitude. I won't be surprised if any of her relatives have served with us in the past.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
As much as I am in strong approval of Air Marshal K.D. Singh's views, I feel sad for him. He is not above the government, which can be easily bought over by the Americans to prevent any active retaliation by India (as they probably did last year). When this chor Congress can't defend peasants from the Maoists, retaliating to Pakistan looks a far-sight.

Vladimir79

Professional
Queston is are you ready to launch a "short war" against China "misadventure." Pakistan is in no position to try anything.

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
You must appreciate the fact that at least she is a strong supporter and an Indian patriot. I know that from defense perspective this looks silly but considering that you are asking the opinion to a celebrity that depends on public image, I have immense respect for her because she had the guts to condemn a country that has well proven itself as a ground for terrorists' safe haven, without giving a flying hoot about public image.

This is unlike the oh-so-wonderful bollywood actors who always flash a 'v' sign as a peace symbol without having the courage to come out and speak against anti-India elements.

Before pointing a finger and laughing at someone not from military,one must appreciate her courage to come beyond public glitz and glamor and check oneself . Infact, I and many of my colleagues agree with her and appreciate her nationalistic attitude. I won't be surprised if any of her relatives have served with us in the past.
agreed sir i wish soooooooooo desperately that our goverment had some b@lls to blast the hell out of our enemies but alas it just a dream

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
As much as I am in strong approval of Air Marshal K.D. Singh's views, I feel sad for him. He is not above the government, which can be easily bought over by the Americans to prevent any active retaliation by India (as they probably did last year). When this chor Congress can't defend peasants from the Maoists, retaliating to Pakistan looks a far-sight.
Not probably Tarun, certainly.
We will all come to know very soon with many thrilling disclosures when India was pressurized like never before not to attack Pakistan. A full support of FBI and many other proposals were made to GoI after it was established that elements from Pakistan were responsible for these attacks( by both India and reluctant US initially).

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
A full support of FBI and many other proposals were made to GoI after it was established that elements from Pakistan were responsible for these attacks( by both India and reluctant US initially).
One year later, where's the fruition?

The only consolation prize we got was Headly's detention, a pointless UN ban on some Pakistani organizations, trials in Pakistan which have "farce" written all over them, and Ajmak Kasab who is currently more secure than the average Mumbaikar.

Ajmal Kasab and Afzal Guru have become benchmarks, haven't they. The government that hangs them will come across as serious about national security. The fossils in Congress failed that test. Twice.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles