Air India Privatisation Thread

Kshatriya87

Country flag
What happens to the Rs 50,000 crore debt? I think they need to sell off the huge properties/assets they own in India and abroad that are worth thousands of crores.
No idea. The details are not yet mentioned. GOI has received only 1 formal request to buy Air India and that is from Indigo.

Maybe the debt can be paid gradually once the airline affairs are handed over to Indigo or any other buying org. Or maybe GOI will share the burden a little.

captscooby81

Country flag
well i see some big game in indigo s keen interest for Air india ...As we all know Indigo is nothing by Son in law s company and Son in law also had lot of interest in real estate thanks to DLF ..So if they get air india they will also get those prime land across the country to convert into prime real estate projects ...

This might be one serious reason why indigo might be behind Air india ...apart from the flying routes and the aircrafts and MRO division....

No idea. The details are not yet mentioned. GOI has received only 1 formal request to buy Air India and that is from Indigo.

Maybe the debt can be paid gradually once the airline affairs are handed over to Indigo or any other buying org. Or maybe GOI will share the burden a little.
Anyone who will be interested in AI will be more keen on that chunk of real estate they own across the country few in very prime localities and sure these will be liquidated to cover up the losses for sure before any buyer will be interested to take AI..

Even if they sell all the real estate they own it will still not cover more than 30 % of the debt AI owns right now ..

What happens to the Rs 50,000 crore debt? I think they need to sell off the huge properties/assets they own in India and abroad that are worth thousands of crores.

here2where

AI to offer VRS - http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-15000-ahead-of-sale/articleshow/59651201.cms

Look at the arrogance of the leaches:

"The government will propose a VRS scheme and we will throw their proposal in the dustbin," said J.B. Kadian, leader of a union that represents 8,000 non-technical Air India staff.

Kadian said a joint forum of unions representing Air India employees will launch an "agitation" in August if the government pursues its privatisation plans.

Bloody bastards... living off my hard earned money and expecting to fly till they die. Assholes.

here2where

http://www.livemint.com/Companies/s...tment-Unions-to-meet-to-discuss-strategy.html

What is there for these blood suckers to discuss? How to rob us tax paying people even more for inefficient services offered?

Kick the whole bloody lot out, i say.

I know an ex- IA employee who, after merger of IA and AI gets 12 free international tickets every year for self and family. YES - 12 free tickets every year to any airport anywhere on the planet where AI flies to !!! He keeps searching for old forgotten friends and family members abroad so boarding and lodging is taken care off while my hard-earned money takes care of his and his brood's free tickets. :frusty:

I also know of ex-IA employees who fly to Bangkok every weekend for booze and women. Yes, the old fuckers fly free on my tax paid amount to drink and fcuk teenagers in bangkok every weekend. :mad2:

Kumata

Country flag
Repost on an old thread. What's the status now ?
100 % equity .. 23 K debt ...brand Air india along side.. rest all debt is gone in thin air...

Swamy ji have threatened to file a case against family silver in courts.. At times, I think there is more to AI than whats on surface... Swamy wont threaten without a cause...

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Repost on an old thread. What's the status now ?
VIP 747s will be kept separate from sale but all airline operations are 100% up for grabs. I don't know who would want to buy it with so much debt. The best play is to let it go into receivership and pick up the aircraft on the cheap like SpiceJet did to Jet Airways picking up aircraft and parking slots. With 737 MAX and P&W engine problems all of the airlines would be looking to pick up cheap leases on aircraft until it is sorted.

BangaliBabu

Country flag

This is the first photo I have seen of @PMOIndia 's new ride - one of two converted Air India Boeing 777-300 jetliners, both brand new. Extensively modified with defensive countermeasures and encrypted comminication systems.

Abdullah miyan also commented..... :dude:

Rohan Naik

Country flag
Guys, being new to the platform wrt sharing and posting stuff, pardon my mistake. However I am excited to post an update here

Screenshot_20200603_183033.jpg

diplomajobs21

Country flag

nothing happend till now

Spitfire9

Country flag
The idea that anyone would pay anything for Air India is fanciful. From what I have read here, it has $3 billion assets, $7 billion debt and it was loss making before COVID-19 appeared, wasn't it? It looks to me like it is currently worth about $-4 billion on paper with every prospect of losses continuing.

Regarding the idea of GOI selling a 49% stake in the airline, what company in its right commercial mind would want to get involved when the company owner that oversaw such a financial disaster retained a majority stake?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles