Agusta Westland AW159-(News and Discussions)

Should India buy the AW-159 Helicopter?

• Yes

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

Sir pe tapla

Country flag
How is it ugly to you? How is that so? Is it really ugly to you? Is that what you think about it? Well let me tell you, I have a Very Different View about This Helicopter from my Perspective. It's a very nice looking helicopter from my personal point of view to say the Least. It's one of the Best Anti Submarine Warfare Helicopters which you can get Available in Today's market. This helicopter is one of my top 10 favourite Helicopters of all time. well Ofcourse you may have a Different Opinion about it and so do I Mate. Good day!
View attachment 124273
The nose of the helicopter is so squared, it makes the helicopter look extremely ugly. Now NH90, that's one sexy beast.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
The nose of the helicopter is so squared, it makes the helicopter look extremely ugly. Now NH90, that's one sexy beast.
Ok ,so That's what you don't like ,you don't like The Square of The AW-159 helicopter. Yes I admit it may look a bit off but Overall it's a sexy and beautiful helicopter nonetheless. It's one of My favourite Helicopters. It's one of my top 5 favourite Anti Submarine Warfare Helicopters.

Covfefe

Country flag
Thanks for the Reply man dude. I appreciate it a lot. I feel like AW-159 is a Bit cheaper than the MH-60 Helicopter, That is Just an Assumption that I am Making here. I too am Not sure about the True Cost of MH-60 Helicopter Myself. According to a Source ,We had Purchased 24 MH-60 Helicopters from The United States of America for an Estimated 2.4 Billion dollars. This makes the Unit cost of Each helicopter About 100 million Dollars Each.
I guess the AW-159 will be a bit cheaper than the MH-60 ,I am Making a Guess of around 85-90 million Dollars here. But the Price Suggested By This Source sounds Bogus! There are Many sources on the Net which are claiming Different Prices of This 24 MH-60 Helicopter deal. Some say 900 million Dollars,some say 2.4-2.6 Billion dollars so I too don't know myself. Thank you though for your reply. Have a good day
Thats why I said, it's always the contract price that matters. The 24 MH60 deal with India would involve India specific modifications (in terms of comms, IFF etc), training of Indian pilots in the US which is very expensive, the weapons integration, plus the actual weapons package in the form of missiles and torpedoes. That per unit cost can never be same as, say, the US Navy buying 1 more unit or even India buying additional units. On the whole, given that Muricans use MH60 in greater numbers, the cost will be lesser for this one

Super Flanker

Country flag
Thats why I said, it's always the contract price that matters. The 24 MH60 deal with India would involve India specific modifications (in terms of comms, IFF etc), training of Indian pilots in the US which is very expensive, the weapons integration, plus the actual weapons package in the form of missiles and torpedoes. That per unit cost can never be same as, say, the US Navy buying 1 more unit or even India buying additional units. On the whole, given that Muricans use MH60 in greater numbers, the cost will be lesser for this one
Yes you are right.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Hey Guys Just posted this in This Thread to see if it Interests you. It's basically couple of Tweets by a Twitter guy who basically posts information regarding the Fly Routes of different Planes and Helicopters.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Exactly you are Right about that. Anyways I don't think so we will know what is exactly the Cost of The MH-60 Helicopter Deal.
The Per unit cost can Differ From country to Country based on Different modifications, Integration of Various Sensors and so and so. Regardless of that.
I do feel AW-159 helicopter is a Good Helicopter indeed and maybe Indian Could consider it.
I am not Necessarily saying that we should buy This Anti Submarine Warfare helicopter but I just said that Maybe it could be taken into some Consideration by the Indian Navy because it's a great platform. Well that's Just my opinion mate and nothing else. That's all That I have to say. Have a nice day ahead mate!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles