Agni-VI Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM)

charlie

Country flag
We had to test absolutely. I am just emphasising that testing and declaring are two different things and can have different objectives :cowboy:

Let's say today we test a nuke and don't declare no one can surely know what the hell we did:biggrin2:
There are US satellite which pick up thermal signature even of a small blast even though it's underground.

lcafanboy

Country flag
There are US satellite which pick up thermal signature even of a small blast even though it's underground.
What about undersea? We have huge coastal area and a whole ocean to test our nukes. Bay of Bengal nr Andaman is best to test our nukes under water.

IndianHawk

Country flag
There are also ways to reduce or even cover the thermal signature. In a controlled environment it's very much possible.

Besides weak signals captured by a satellite can only confirm a minute blast.
They can never be sure if it's nuclear or not

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
There are also ways to reduce or even cover the thermal signature. In a controlled environment it's very much possible.

That's why I pitched for sub critical testing, nobody will know that.

charlie

Country flag

A underground testing can easily be picked up, there is no point of arguing on this anymore.

You can't cover up the nuke blast otherwise pakistani would have tested their tactical nukes.

found it go through this
https://www.nap.edu/read/12849/chapter/5

Last edited:
Reactions: Kay

IndianHawk

Country flag
A underground testing can easily be picked up, there is no point of arguing on this anymore.

You can't cover up the nuke blast otherwise pakistani would have tested their tactical nukes.

found it go through this
Too big a document to read:biggrin2:

Still seismograph can only detect earthquake not exactly the clause.

Thermal sensors can only confirm there was a blast not exactly what kind of.

The only sure way is to find ionizing radiation above the blast site. Satellites can analyse to some extent but to confirm one need a sniffing plane just above the blast site to check air samples.

US did this in North Korean case. They wouldn't dare fly a plane over Indian desert.

Without that happening it's all just guessing game. No concrete proof.

Pakistani nukes are already under us scrutiny so is all their possible test sides.
US regularly voids paki airspace so Pakistani can't test tactical nukes.

Even in case of North Korea US first denied any nuke blast and only later accepted certain evidences.

Beside a blast can be contained not completely but most of the radiation can be contained leaving weaker radiation signals.

lcafanboy

Country flag
Pakistani nukes are basic fission devices which are bulky and produce low yield of 10 to 20 kiloton max like used on hiroshima and nagasaki. India has these (Much lighter and Pakistan specific) but bulk of Indian nukes are thermonuclear (China specific) or hydrogen bombs. Thermonuclear bombs have miniaturized fission device (these can also be used for tactical weapons), which produce sub kiloton (50 to 500 tnt) yield (India tested 3 of these in pokharan shakti test for reason) at core which is surrounded by Tritium and deuterium (hydrogen isotopes), which again can be surrounded by more tritium and deuterium in second, third, fourth etc. cores. Here fission nuke is used to ignite the bomb to generate heat which fuses hydrogen isotopes in subsequent cores (more cores more powerful bomb).

Now here comes interesting part if Pakistan had tactical weapon as ti claims it could have easily gotten hydrogen bomb but it doesn't have both for the reason as it is very difficult to miniaturize nuke. A 10 to 20 kiloton fission bomb weighs 200 to 300 kgs and 200 to 250 kiloton thermonuclear bomb too weighs 200 to 250 kgs only.

India has huge landmass and several mines and can and could have conducted more test without declaring to validate the design. A 50 tnt or 100 tnt device tested very deep inside the earth and that too not in pokharan can and coud have easily gone undetected as it would be fully contained and with almost no major seismic activity just a blip like normal explosion in mine. The rest job is done by computer simulation like P5 does.

There was speculation of India conducting nuclear test in Karnataka now tell who can or could detect that or if it is done underwater near Andaman.

V_Force

Country flag

Sir I appreciate ur knowledge and map reading, but this kind of sensitive material can also harm our national asset, national interest as well as security of these facilities. I know that is from google earth and you have no evil intentions, but we should applly restraint on our anthusiasm, and should not pin point Facilities of Strategic Importance.

I hope MEMBERS would not mind to my opinion and sense will prevail.

Butter Chicken

Country flag
Sir I appreciate ur knowledge and map reading, but this kind of sensitive material can also harm our national asset, national interest as well as security of these facilities. I know that is from google earth and you have no evil intentions, but we should applly restraint on our anthusiasm, and should not pin point Facilities of Strategic Importance.

I hope MEMBERS would not mind to my opinion and sense will prevail.

this is common knowledge in public domain,not sensitive material.You think China and Pakistan don't know this?

raviprakash

All this is on wikimapia, I just posted to larger audience. Our DRDO tenders have far great information, some even down to office No. So i think there is no harm in this.

Tarun Kumar

I think Prithvi 1 is not in production. Prithvi 2 and Dhanush (Prithvi 3) are very much in production

Tarun Kumar

Then why so many P2 tests, it makes no sense if it is being phased out. Also i read that P2 uses thixotropic fuels so it faces no problems associated with liquid fuel missiles.

charlie

Country flag
Then why so many P2 tests, it makes no sense if it is being phased out. Also i read that P2 uses thixotropic fuels so it faces no problems associated with liquid fuel missiles.
well all P2 test are done by user trail, most probably the missile shelf life is coming to an end and that's why they test it.

safriz

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

found it go through this
Under water tests and tests in marshy areas are hard to detect and even if detected are shown as weaken than actual on seismographs as most of the energy is absorbed by water or mud.

This 5mt blast was in marshlands and most of the energy was absorbed by the mud. Soviets detected a much smaller blast.

charlie

Country flag
Under water tests and tests in marshy areas are hard to detect and even if detected are shown as weaken than actual on seismographs as most of the energy is absorbed by water or mud.

This 5mt blast was in marshlands and most of the energy was absorbed by the mud. Soviets detected a much smaller blast.

let's not discuss this bro, Just take my word for it if a small tactical device is detonated the seismographs with even the sensors developed in 1990 will pick it up no matter how much energy is absorbed by water or mud and they can easily see the difference between a small earthquake to a bomb. I posted a graph up there.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles