Agni V Missile

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Good sir, I highly doubt China has just 180 warheads.

And trust me, indian strategic forces have multiple times that number.

All I’m saying is, there is enough warheads and missiles to go around for effective deterrence. Small number of launch vehicles is definitely not the case.

It is also a known habit of isro to underplay pretty much every missile that they produce.

It is also a known habit of the Chinese to overplay their capacity and capabilities. Just look at all the rhetoric coming out of your country even now. It’s funny.

If you wish to declare that the Indian nuclear force is not capable enough. Ok. Believe what you choose to believe. I’m sure all of these scientists at isro and drdo who launch way more satellites than China do, are just making stuff up right?

As your own Sun Tzu says: “ If ignorant both of your enemy and yourself, you are certain to be in peril”.
Stay in peace brother. Im sure it will all work out fine.

I had opened a thread on one Modi's hint. He had said that India had mother of all nuclear bomb. Modi can not give a statement which is factually not correct. Like he has done it many times, he gives hint on things to come or things to be done.

We have made excellent progress in all critical and important technological areas including space, nuclear technologies, defense technologies. If we had a thermonuclear device more than 2 decade ago, we must have been very advance by now. India had a plan to build up to 1 MW to 3 MW devices back in 1998. There is no reason to believe that india would not have got it by now.

Last edited:

no smoking

Country flag
Good sir, I highly doubt China has just 180 warheads.
And trust me, indian strategic forces have multiple times that number.
Well, it is well known that every nuclear country won't be 100% honest with their capabilities or stock, so the number of their warhead on these public papers are the result of analysis based on public information by those who has specific nuclear knowledges and had been following the nuclear weapon developments for decades. They made their conclusions by satellite pictures, professional essays and intelligent reports. How did you get your conclusion, yes, a India boy's patriotism.

All I’m saying is, there is enough warheads and missiles to go around for effective deterrence. Small number of launch vehicles is definitely not the caseIt is also a known habit of isro to underplay pretty much every missile that they produce.
Honey, as an Indian, you should know ISRO is not responsible for missile production.
And who tell that they are relying on India's words to find India's missile number? They are counting India's missiles by watching India nuclear force units operation.

It is also a known habit of the Chinese to overplay their capacity and capabilities. Just look at all the rhetoric coming out of your country even now. It’s funny.
If an Indian boy doesn't know the fact about who is responsible for his own country's missile production, we can ignore his words about other countries.

If you wish to declare that the Indian nuclear force is not capable enough. Ok. Believe what you choose to believe.
Did I ever declare that? Please show me where did I say that.
I guess you don't even understand what I said.

I’m sure all of these scientists at isro and drdo who launch way more satellites than China do, are just making stuff up right?
I guess you just includes those potato satellites (most of them less than 100kg) that India launched for foreigners. Even added on all those peanuts, India totally launched 439 satellites (319 foreign + 120 Indian), China. well, up to Mar 2019, the active satellites on the orbit was 280. You can imagine how many China has launched.

As your own Sun Tzu says: “ If ignorant both of your enemy and yourself, you are certain to be in peril”.
Stay in peace brother. Im sure it will all work out fine.
Then you should spend some times on studying your own country's satellite number.

Sridhar_TN

Country flag
Well, it is well known that every nuclear country won't be 100% honest with their capabilities or stock, so the number of their warhead on these public papers are the result of analysis based on public information by those who has specific nuclear knowledges and had been following the nuclear weapon developments for decades. They made their conclusions by satellite pictures, professional essays and intelligent reports. How did you get your conclusion, yes, a India boy's patriotism.

Honey, as an Indian, you should know ISRO is not responsible for missile production.
And who tell that they are relying on India's words to find India's missile number? They are counting India's missiles by watching India nuclear force units operation.

If an Indian boy doesn't know the fact about who is responsible for his own country's missile production, we can ignore his words about other countries.

I guess you just includes those potato satellites (most of them less than 100kg) that India launched for foreigners. Even added on all those peanuts, India totally launched 439 satellites (319 foreign + 120 Indian), China. well, up to Mar 2019, the active satellites on the orbit was 280. You can imagine how many China has launched.

Then you should spend some times on studying your own country's satellite number.
First off, I’m not your honey. Don’t know if it’s common practice where you come from to call other guys honey, but the rest of the world considers that the indication of a homosexual. I have nothing against you if you’re gay, but I’m not. So stop calling me honey. Weird. Are you sure the ccp allows homosexuals to live there. Better be careful bud.

if you think isro does not design and produce rockets/missiles, I believe we are not operating in the same wavelength. I will not soil my time with an idiot like you(scuse me for the language).

No I can’t imagine how many China has launched, because if they have 280 satellites up there, then it’s only that many that they have launched. There’s nothing to imagine there. And I’m not going to count the number of duds that you guys keep launching. Have some pride.

Those potato satellites are at least internationally recognized and create records with precision delivery of orbital positions. hence we do waay more business on the space front. More than you can imagine/dream of.

God knows how many, China has failed in. Surely no one knows, owing to all the ‘secrecy’. Your veil of secrecy is just a cover to mask all your failure. The west has a name for you. It’s called ‘Paper Tiger’. That’s how they describe you lol. From your planes to icbms.

Last edited:

IndianHawk

Country flag

It's a simple fact that India can launch more satellites than China in a single launch.

No amount of whataboutry will change that ladyboy.
Now go and cry harder. Lol.

no smoking

Country flag
First off, I’m not your honey. Don’t know if it’s common practice where you come from to call other guys honey, but the rest of the world considers that the indication of a homosexual. I have nothing against you if you’re gay, but I’m not. So stop calling me honey. Weird. Are you sure the ccp allows homosexuals to live there. Better be careful bud.
That is how I call a little one under 10 years old. The way you are talking just show that level of understanding and knowledge.

if you think isro does not design and produce rockets/missiles, I believe we are not operating in the same wavelength. I will not soil my time with an idiot like you(scuse me for the language).
Kid, missile is missile. In your country, ISRO doesn't manage the design and production of missiles, DRDO does.

No I can’t imagine how many China has launched, because if they have 280 satellites up there, then it’s only that many that they have launched. There’s nothing to imagine there. And I’m not going to count the number of duds that you guys keep launching. Have some pride.
See, that is the difference between children and adult. As an adult, I like to speak with numbers and facts. Children like to speak with BS.

Those potato satellites are at least internationally recognized and create records with precision delivery of orbital positions. hence we do waay more business on the space front. More than you can imagine/dream of.
See, ignorance is really your thing. The way of these potato satellites entering the orbit is the easiest, you don't need precision. And I guess you don't know why all other countries are keen to create such a record, right?

God knows how many, China has failed in. Surely no one knows, owing to all the ‘secrecy’. Your veil of secrecy is just a cover to mask all your failure. The west has a name for you. It’s called ‘Paper Tiger’. That’s how they describe you lol. From your planes to icbms.
Yes, that is why India jumps up and down when this "paper tiger" send a tiny submarine into the IOC. And our Indian friends got thrilled when a person from this "paper tiger" say that Agni-5 may have 8000km range.
Looks like India is quite obsessed with this "paper tiger".

Sridhar_TN

Country flag
That is how I call a little one under 10 years old. The way you are talking just show that level of understanding and knowledge.

Kid, missile is missile. In your country, ISRO doesn't manage the design and production of missiles, DRDO does.

See, that is the difference between children and adult. As an adult, I like to speak with numbers and facts. Children like to speak with BS.

See, ignorance is really your thing. The way of these potato satellites entering the orbit is the easiest, you don't need precision. And I guess you don't know why all other countries are keen to create such a record, right?

Yes, that is why India jumps up and down when this "paper tiger" send a tiny submarine into the IOC. And our Indian friends got thrilled when a person from this "paper tiger" say that Agni-5 may have 8000km range.
Looks like India is quite obsessed with this "paper tiger".
Work on your comeback bud. Not strong enough. Not a single fact that you’ve laid out in your response. Shits weak.
You call everyone honey in this forum. Stop lying you gay ass dude.

You really don’t know what isro does. So shut the f up. You have zero knowledge in that matter. Pathetic. And I know that a missile is a missile. Lol. You don’t need to say that. This proves that you’re somewhere between primary school and middle school. (Q: what’s a missile? Ans: A missile is a missile...lol 😂😂😂😂)

I don’t understand why you can’t comprehend the fact that there’s nothing to imagine. You call that BS. You’re the one asking me to imagine how many China has launched. So, by your theory, you’re the one peddling the BS. I don’t imagine. I like cold hard facts. Can’t believe that you’re so dumb.

Lmao, you don’t need precision for altitude depositions right? As soon as you exit the atmosphere, just let loose all the 100 satellites in one go huh? Which primary school do you go to little kid? Do you think launching a 100 satellites in a go is a cartoon? Hahaha. Go back to watching Star Trek. You don’t get to speak with adults.

where the fuck does India jump up and down? If the media reports a sub in the Indian Ocean, you call that jumping up and down? Just because you send a submarine to the Indian Ocean makes you tough? Lmao. That way, we send warships and subs to the SCS and conduct war games regularly in the SCS. And you guys cry about it. So what? You talk like a 4 year old. How old are you bud?

Peper tiger is a term that is aptly coined by the west. For the so called Supa Powah.

If you stuck to talking facts and being sensible, I would have had a decent conversation with you like an adult and this forum would have been nicer to you.m. But you just like peddling propaganda and straight bs outta your ‘honey’ ass. Go back to sino forum and cry about how you got bullied.

Last edited:

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
i respectfully disagree, that's an old argument.

let's put this in perspective though, with the modern technology and guidance systems, CEP are almost less then 5 meter in any delivery systems.

lets do a comparison of dropping a 150Kt bomb vs 4MT bomb (that Chinese have) on center most point of beijing. which one do you think will produce more damage? -

(remember, we are doing a scenario of retaliating after getting hit by nuke first, all our major cities are destroyed, military installation is gone, communication is broken, all babus are vaporized.. complete chaos.. during such time, we want to ensure mutually assured and equal destruction. when retaliating, we may not get lot of chance or choice)

this is computer simulation of 150kt nuclear bomb explosion, delivered by agni 3/5.
(notice the Shijingshan city is left untouched by explosion)

View attachment 52431

now we simulate 4MT nuclear explosion that china have..
did you notice the Shijingshan city is completely destroyed by shockwave, heat and radiation.

View attachment 52430

the distance between Beijing and the outermost area of the bomb effect is roughly 22km.
so 4 MT warhead have destroyed an area of 44Km square give or take. entire Beijing city is annihilated. this is what i meant by mutually assured and equal destruction.

View attachment 52424

so i rest my case.. that if we are going to stick to no-first policy, then we need to develop bombs of at-least 1-2 MT for mutually assured destruction.

comparison of KT and MT nuke is something like this.

View attachment 52427
Your arguments are valid, while mega ton warheads are more devastating and desirous, yet we'll have to see some points.

First, which target you want to eliminate, infrastructure or human beings. In most of the times humans are not the targets. Whether it's infra or humans both can be eliminated with a 200kt warhead up to a radius of 10 to 15 kms. Then why waste precious nuclear material. You already know the yields of Fat Man and Little Boy and there impact.

Second, time needed to drop nukes on your enemy. In most of the scenarios you seldom get chance to shoot more than one missile (unless MAD) to your target, in that case MIRVs are your best bet, and you need only one missile for it, once fired they will deliver one warhead to each of your targets depending on your MIRV capabilities.

Third, interception probability, if you select 3 cities as targets and shoot 3 1Mt warhead missiles then there are chances that only one of your missile will hit the target. But in case of 3 MIRV capable missiles even if only one missile manages to avoid BMDs then still it has higher chances to glide separate warheads to separate city targets. However I am not considering interception altitude in this.

Fourth, number of missiles needed and cost, in case of megaton warhead for 3 targets you need 3 missiles while you need only one missile if you use medium yield warheads with MIRVs.

Fifth, accuracy, some people talk about range and size of warhead but what is more important is the accuracy of delivery platform than the range and size. E.g. there is a reason we keep testing newer versions of Prithvi missiles despite tests being successful. We are in the process of making them more accurate and less prone to interception.

Sixth, 4Mt warheads, I am not aware if Agni series can carry them.

no smoking

Country flag
First, which target you want to eliminate, infrastructure or human beings. In most of the times humans are not the targets. Whether it's infra or humans both can be eliminated with a 200kt warhead up to a radius of 10 to 15 kms. Then why waste precious nuclear material. You already know the yields of Fat Man and Little Boy and there impact.
No, except US and Russia, other countries simply don’t have the necessary number target infrastructures. For nuclear deterrent strategy countries (China and India), their nuclear missiles only target soft targets – cities. They have one and one purpose only– killing humans (civilians) as much as you can.

Second, time needed to drop nukes on your enemy. In most of the scenarios you seldom get chance to shoot more than one missile (unless MAD) to your target, in that case MIRVs are your best bet, and you need only one missile for it, once fired they will deliver one warhead to each of your targets depending on your MIRV capabilities.
Incorrect,

First of all, except US, Russia and maybe France, once the enemy’s nuclear warhead land on your ground, MAD is the only response for other nuclear countries, they simply don’t have the number to escalate or deescalate the situation: shoot all or lose all. So you seldom get chance to shoot only one nuclear missile.

Secondly, in the case of MIRV, you will still need over 3 warheads for each target because: 1. Your missile maybe malfunction (no matter how you maintain them, there is always 20-30% malfunction rate); 2. Penetrate BMD; 3. Multiple lower yield warheads cover bigger area and bring more damage than a single bigger yield warhead.

Third, interception probability, if you select 3 cities as targets and shoot 3 1Mt warhead missiles then there are chances that only one of your missile will hit the target. But in case of 3 MIRV capable missiles even if only one missile manages to avoid BMDs then still it has higher chances to glide separate warheads to separate city targets. However I am not considering interception altitude in this.
No, that is not how the calculation is done. As nuclear deterrent country, since you choose the cities as your targets of your limited nuclear weapons, it is safe to say that these cities are strategically important to both you and your enemy. Certainly, you can assume that each of these cities are guarded by an individual BMD system. So, the simplized calculation is like this: 3 warheads are launched for each city, after 30% possibility of malfunction, you still got 2 getting to the sky above the city, then assume 50% of killing rate for BMD, you still get 1 to bring the damage the city.

Fifth, accuracy, some people talk about range and size of warhead but what is more important is the accuracy of delivery platform than the range and size. E.g. there is a reason we keep testing newer versions of Prithvi missiles despite tests being successful. We are in the process of making them more accurate and less prone to interception.
Higher accuracy doesn’t affect interception. Manuevring and decoy do.

WolfPack86

Country flag
India plans deployment of nuclear-capable Agni-V this year

Riding high on the success of 30 missions in last three months, India plans to deploy its longest range most potent nuclear-capable ballistic missile Agni-V this year. With the 5,000-plus km range missile in its arsenal, India is the eighth nation in the world to have ICBM capabilities.

Although the defence strategists had planned an early induction of Agni-V compared to its medium and intermediate range siblings, the Chinese aggression along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) has fast-tracked the process.

Defence source said the indigenously developed game-changer missile, which is undergoing its pre-induction trials, would be finally deployed at strategic locations as selected by the armed forces. The canisterised Agni-V gives the forces the requisite operational flexibility to swiftly transport as per requirement on a short notice.

“The induction process of the missile, which is under serial production, has already started. It would be officially deployed with the final induction trial in next three to four months. The deployment will pave the way for development of more long range missiles, which are on the drawing board,” the source told The Express.

A symbol of DRDO’s technological excellence, the missile equipped with highly accurate ring laser gyro based inertial navigation and most modern micro inertial navigation system with advanced compact avionics is capable of taking down targets in whole of Asia and half of Europe.

India has also planned to test some new technologies, including the multiple independently targetable re-entry vehicles (MIRV), which allows long range missiles to deliver multiple warheads programmed to destroy different targets hundreds of km away from each other and alternatively launch more than one warhead assigned to one target.

This apart, several missions, including maiden flight trial of beyond visual range Astra Mk II having a strike range of over 150 km, user trial of guided Pinaka rockets and developmental test of an advanced version of home grown subsonic cruise missile Nirbhay have been planned in early 2021.

“Development of new Airborne Early Warning and Control (AEW&C) planes and underwater unmanned vessels (UUVs) along with the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Mk-II will be the areas of focus for the DRDO this year,” said a defence official.

The DRDO has already received orders for development of AEW&C Block 2 aircraft under a Rs 10,500 crore project.

Hari Sud

Country flag

Riding high on the success of 30 missions in last three months, India plans to deploy its longest range most potent nuclear-capable ballistic missile Agni-V this year. With the 5,000-plus km range missile in its arsenal, India is the eighth nation in the world to have ICBM capabilities.

Although the defence strategists had planned an early induction of Agni-V compared to its medium and intermediate range siblings, the Chinese aggression along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) has fast-tracked the process.

Defence source said the indigenously developed game-changer missile, which is undergoing its pre-induction trials, would be finally deployed at strategic locations as selected by the armed forces. The canisterised Agni-V gives the forces the requisite operational flexibility to swiftly transport as per requirement on a short notice.

“The induction process of the missile, which is under serial production, has already started. It would be officially deployed with the final induction trial in next three to four months. The deployment will pave the way for development of more long range missiles, which are on the drawing board,” the source told The Express.

A symbol of DRDO’s technological excellence, the missile equipped with highly accurate ring laser gyro based inertial navigation and most modern micro inertial navigation system with advanced compact avionics is capable of taking down targets in whole of Asia and half of Europe.

India has also planned to test some new technologies, including the multiple independently targetable re-entry vehicles (MIRV), which allows long range missiles to deliver multiple warheads programmed to destroy different targets hundreds of km away from each other and alternatively launch more than one warhead assigned to one target.

This apart, several missions, including maiden flight trial of beyond visual range Astra Mk II having a strike range of over 150 km, user trial of guided Pinaka rockets and developmental test of an advanced version of home grown subsonic cruise missile Nirbhay have been planned in early 2021.

“Development of new Airborne Early Warning and Control (AEW&C) planes and underwater unmanned vessels (UUVs) along with the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Mk-II will be the areas of focus for the DRDO this year,” said a defence official.

The DRDO has already received orders for development of AEW&C Block 2 aircraft under a Rs 10,500 crore project.
Is Shanghai, Peking within the Indian nuclear missile range. Moreover can these missiles be sufficiently camouflaged to avoid detection. If yes is the answer then Chinese goose is cooked.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag

Is it MIRV now or single warhead for the moment? How many warheads? What yield range?

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Is Shanghai, Peking within the Indian nuclear missile range. Moreover can these missiles be sufficiently camouflaged to avoid detection. If yes is the answer then Chinese goose is cooked.
It seems on a truck, so movable, so very difficult to detect and destroy prevently.

Tridev123

Country flag
I was told there are few special ones above 500 kt.
Great to hear. But don't you agree that we need to do more tests especially thermonuclear ones(=> 1 megaton). No puny tests of 50 kiloton. Why should we always be shy of demonstrating our power.

The biggest punishment will be sanctions from Washington. But considering the present geopolitical situation wherein China is openly challenging the US, will Washington really sanction India or whether sanctions will really be effective.
The US needs India now more than ever.

Let the mentally bankrupt Porks parrot our actions as would be expected. Anyway China could have always transferred hydrogen bomb technology to Pak at any time. So we will have to live with that reality. The asymmetry between the Indian and Pak nuclear capability was present in the past, is present now and will also be present in the future. Pakistan cannot match our nuclear capability as we are too big for them.

North Korea has already fucked up the international non proliferation regime and the CTBT. Nobody could do anything.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles