Agni III successfully test fired from Odisha coast

Free Karma

Agni III successfully test fired from Odisha coast : East, News - India Today
India on Thursday test-fired its nuclear-capable Agni-III ballistic missile, with a range of over 3,000 km, from a base in Odisha, an official said.

The surface-to-surface missile was fired from a launch complex at the Inner Wheeler Island off the coast of Dhamra in Bhadrak district, about 200 km from here.

Agni-III is capable of carrying warheads weighing up to 1.5 tonnes. It is 16 metres in length and weighs 48 tonnes. The missile has a two-stage solid propellant system. It can re-enter the atmosphere at a very high velocity. Agni-III is a rail mobile system capable missile and can be launched from anywhere in India.

Bheeshma

This was tested by SFC. Hopefully we will see MIRV test from A3/5 soon.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
On a lighter note.

At this rate of missile testing every month(Be it from DRDO or SFC), we will be also cleaning out Baki arsenal at the same time. ha ha Good plan :thumb:
We know for a fact now that they will reciprocate with some test or the other.:rofl:

Bheeshma

We have 100's of Prithvi and Agni-I that need to be phased out and replaced with Prahaar/Brahmos/Shaurya. Keep testing away.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
We have 100's of Prithvi and Agni-I that need to be phased out and replaced with Prahaar/Brahmos/Shaurya. Keep testing away.
I think they using old Pritivi's for ABM testing, and old Agni series can be used to test the Operational capability of AAD/PDV

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Its exactly what we are doing. Prithvi is also used as target in ABM tests. Tests will also be helpful in keeping the SFC fully trained and operationally ready.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Its exactly what we are doing. Prithvi is also used as target in ABM tests. Tests will also be helpful in keeping the SFC fully trained and operationally ready.
Not only that prithvi tests are used to test new subsystems and new concept, so keep on eye on prithvi tests.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles