After PoK, India turns focus on Balochistan

Abhijat

Country flag
BLO confirms presence of its political representative in Delhi

http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...-balochistan/article7735545.ece?homepage=true

After highlighting the alleged human rights violations in the Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK), India is preparing to take an aggressive position on Balochistan, in a marked departure from South Block’s Pakistan policy of the past.

The new Indian position over Balochistan became public when Balochistan Liberation Organisation (BLO) representative Balaach Pardili addressed a gathering in New Delhi on October 4, reading out a statement from BLO’s exiled leader Nawabzada Hyrbyair Marri.

BLO, which is in favour of freedom of Balochistan from Pakistan, has confirmed to The Hindu about the presence of its political representative in Delhi. Mr. Pardili, who originally hails from Afghanistan, has been living in Delhi since 2009 and was recently contacted by Nawabzada Marri to represent him at public meetings.

The London-based Nawabzada Hyrbyair Marri is the leader of Free Balochistan Movement with a militant arm, Baloch Liberation Army (BLA), and BLO, the political wing. “I hope to facilitate Nawabzada Marri’s visit to Delhi in near future,” Pardili told The Hindu.

In a statement to The Hindu, Nawabzada Marri said: “We wish that India, the largest democracy, have a clear policy about Balochistan. If Pakistani officials can openly meet the Kashmiri leadership, why shouldn’t India do the same? The Red Cross does not have a hotline on Balochistan despite our repeated pleas. I want India’s help to start a crisis hotline with the Red Cross.”

While the dynamics of the new policy have not been fleshed out, officials confirmed to The Hindu that both PoK and Balochistan will be used more and more when India faces allegations from Pakistan over Jammu and Kashmir. “This is an evolving policy. Remember, that taking up PoK and Balochistan is an old idea that hasn’t been worked upon within the government over the past few years,” a senior official said, referring to a proposal for highlighting human rights violations in Pakistan during the previous NDA government under Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee. Interestingly, National Security Adviser Ajit Doval, who is understood to have pushed the new line on Pakistan, was Director of the Intelligence Bureau (IB) in 2004.

The event of September 4, in which Mr. Pardili featured as Nawabzada Marri’s representative, was organised by Bhagat Singh Kranti Sena which runs namopatrika.com, an e-publication supporting Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision of “broad-based prosperity” in India. Subsequently, the video of the event was tweeted by some Baloch activists.

Speaking to The Hindu, Mr. Pardili said he feels safe in Delhi and has the support of a section of the BJP led by R.S.N. Singh and Tejender Singh of Bhagat Singh Kranti Sena. Mr. Pardili is confident of creating awareness on the oppression of the Baloch people in Pakistan.

“Balochistan is divided among three countries, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iran. But the atrocities are taking place inside Pakistan which has conducted five military operations against the Baloch people and the last campaign that they began in 2004 has left 19,000 dead and many more displaced and missing. Pakistan also encourages the Taliban to torture the Baloch inside Afghanistan.”

Tejender Singh says that next, Bhagat Singh Kranti Sena will take Mr. Pardili to the prominent universities of India, including JNU.

@A chauhan @Alien @alphacentury @Ancient Indian @anupamsurey @blueblood @brational @Bangalorean @Blackwater @bose @cobra commando @DingDong @DFI_COAS @ersakthivel @gpawar @hit&run @jackprince @Kharavela @Illusive @I_PLAY_BAD @LETHALFORCE @Lions Of Punjab @maomao@Mad Indian @OneGrimPilgrim @tarunraju @Peter @pmaitra @Razor @raja696 @Rowdy @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @sydsnyper @Srinivas_K @Screambowl @sob @sorcerer @Simple_Guy @Sylex21 @wickedone @tarunraju @TrueSpirit2 @VIP @Vishwarupa @Varahamihira @roma

Last edited:

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Doval in action. Pakistan needs a firm bashing and Balochistan is reminder to Pakistan. We should go ahead in full speed at internation aren in support of the Baloch people.

Also, the last touch with Bhagat Singh Krantu Sena with visiting JNU, is a master stroke! JNU has hosted many anti-India and pro-pakistan orators in past. The visit of Baloch representitives will be an eye opener for all those anti-nationals studying there.

Illusive

Country flag
I've mixed feelings about this, this move will give confidence to the baloch people and some hope of India echoing their thoughts in UN, but India's support shouldn't waver, meaning strong political backing.
But it also gives the paki army the opportunity to use this open support of India as proof that India is supporting "blaah blaah blaah" "mortal enemy blaah blaah blaah", and use it garner support in their country for further violence against the baloch people.
So if we plan to support them, we better have a good plan or else they'll be carpet bombed and all we get are refugees like these.

Abhijat

Country flag
So if we plan to support them, we better have a good plan or else they'll be carpet bombed and all we get are refugees like these.
They are already being killed in large numbers . Excerpt from above article :

But the atrocities are taking place inside Pakistan which has conducted five military operations against the Baloch people and the last campaign that they began in 2004 has left 19,000 dead and many more displaced and missing. Pakistan also encourages the Taliban to torture the Baloch inside Afghanistan.”
So they are ready to fight for their freedom , but are we ready to support them !

Illusive

Country flag
They are already being killed in large numbers . Excerpt from above article :
It will be worse, uptill now for all the blabbering they did of India supporting Baluchistan, they couldn't provide a single evidence. But this open support will give them enough excuse without any ramifications from their awaam, to go all guns blazing. So it will be a race against time for us. Just like the bangladesh movement when Bangladeshis where being slaughtered, India came with all out support on time.

They may be ready to fight, but they need support, so if we support them, then there should be no half measure cause this time we dont share a border with the persecuted.

Abhijat

Country flag
@Illusive , the above support is at people level. It is for making contact / connection at appropriate forums. This doesn't necessarly means we are providing any ammunition to them, but more so , building a public consciousness in our part and leverage same to bring justice to them.

I don't find anything wrong with it.

Do you think Baloch people , are not already suffering ?

But this open support will give them enough excuse without any ramifications from their awaam
What kind of ramification are you talking about ? , You seriously think Paki army give any two-hoot about what Pakistanis people think about Balochi's , if they at all "think" about their suffering.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
@Illusive

Frankly, who cares? Pakistan can blabber whatever it wishes, and nobody is going to listen. India has grown too important, and as long as a strong leadership exists in India, no other nation will be taking stance against India on Kashmir issue. Also, Balochistan can be projected as freedom movement of people of Baloch against oppression of Pakjabis and shown to the world how Pakistan is controlled by Pakjabi landlords in feudal order. This can be a foundation for breaking up Pakistan in future when the need comes.

Also, personally without concern for international interests, I want Pakjabis destroyed for what they have doing against everyone - Hindus, Christians, Sikhs, Shias, Ahmedis, Balochis, Sindhis, Pastuns... no. goes on and on.

Illusive

Country flag
@Illusive , the above support is at people level. It is for making contact / connection at appropriate forums. This doesn't necessarly means we are providing any ammunition to them, but more so , building a public consciousness in our part and leverage same to bring justice to them.

I don't find anything wrong with it.

Do you think Baloch people , are not already suffering ?

What kind of ramification are you talking about ? , You seriously think Paki army give any two-hoot about what Pakistanis people think about Balochi's , if they at all "think" about their suffering.
I am talking about of paki logic and their perspective, mqm saga is a good example. Even if its just people to people contact for, for them this is enough proof that we are arming them also, they'll create new lies on basis of this and the paki population is willingly believe it.

You should understand that even with Paki army doing whatever it thinks it can do, there are also limits. Lal masjid is a good example. They can't kill them openly. Some organisation in pak will see this as killing of muslims by pak army thereby hindering their operations and also their image and support. But put India in the mix and all evils done are forgiven.

Abhijat

Country flag
Some organisation in pak will see this as killing of muslims by pak army thereby hindering their operations and also their image and support.
So do tell, why 19,000 people killed , since 2004, have not brought any repercussion , from so called paki muslims organisation , for their brethren in Baluchistan ?

Illusive

Country flag
@jackprince Nobody cares about pak in international fora, true. What i am saying is just projecting an image of Pakjabies oppressing Baloch people is not enough, 10 years down the line there won't be any baloch people to protect. The support has to be substantial enough to actual get some results, not just words. Pakis wouldn't care for international pressure, cause they have China, and China has an investment in Balochistan which it will protect.

Illusive

Country flag
So do tell, why 19,000 people killed , since 2004, have not brought any repercussion , from so called paki muslims organisation , for their brethren in Baluchistan ?
19000 people killed in period of 10 years don't bring much repercussions as it would bring on doing so in a single month. All these years they have been doing it using taliban or other means like kidnapping. I am telling in the wake of this support, they do a Zarb-e- asb kinda operation where similar amounts are killed every week.

Abhijat

Country flag
@Illusive , So you meant to say, even if Balohi's ask us to support them politically, knowing full repercussion they have to face and which they are continuously facing till now. We need to stay away from openly supporting them , in international forums.

Great, you think you know about suffering of Balochi's , more than they do. :facepalm:

FRYCRY

Country flag
Pakistan has complete blackout in balochistan except from Quetta where they have migrated punjabis and pathans. Baloch people are getting killed at an alarming rate.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
In a statement to The Hindu, Nawabzada Marri said: “We wish that India, the largest democracy, have a clear policy about Balochistan. If Pakistani officials can openly meet the Kashmiri leadership, why shouldn’t India do the same?
Well said, if we just start to meet with the Balochi freedom fighters, it will give a damn strong message to Pakistan, and world media will start to look at Balochistan. Let's make a rule no talk with Pakistan unless we talk with PoK freedom protestors and Balochistan freedom fighters.

Illusive

Country flag
@Illusive , So you meant to say, even if Balohi's ask us to support them politically, knowing full repercussion they have to face and which they are continuously facing till now. We need to stay away from openly supporting them , in international forums.

Great, you think you know about suffering of Balochi's , more than they do. :facepalm:
I don't have a problem there as i pointed it in my first post. I am saying that if we are to support them, then it should be all out support in all fronts, meaning arms too. If India is willing to go this far, then i am all for it. But if our support is just words in international fora, then its just digging baloch graves cause international fora is useless without India having UNSC seat.

cannonfodder

Country flag
I believe we can do much more damage covertly than by hosting events for balochi leaders or making public statements. I hope Doval is using his experience and punching where it hurts Paki's more. This game has to be fought covertly away from media introspection(no need of chest thumping like Pakis until we are ready for finish).

Well said, if we just start to meet with the Balochi freedom fighters, it will give a damn strong message to Pakistan, and world media will start to look at Balochistan. Let's make a rule no talk with Pakistan unless we talk with PoK freedom protestors and Balochistan freedom fighters.
I don't have a problem there as i pointed it in my first post. I am saying that if we are to support them, then it should be all out support in all fronts, meaning arms too. If India is willing to go this far, then i am all for it. But if our support is just words in international fora, then its just digging baloch graves cause international fora is useless without India having UNSC seat.

Kharavela

Country flag
In my opinion, India should:
1) Covertly support BLA by providing them cash & ammunition through Afghanistan.
2) Raise Baloch Human Rights issue in multiple forums such as UN.
3) Involve US Congressmen & Senators who are sympathetic to Baloch movement.
4) Citing forceful occupation of Balochistan by killing the then Khan of Kalat, openly declare moral support for Freedom Movement for Independent Balochistan.

Illusive

Country flag
I believe we can do much more damage covertly than by hosting events for balochi leaders or making public statements. I hope Doval is using his experience and punching where it hurts Paki's more. This game has to be fought covertly away from media introspection(no need of chest thumping like Pakis until we are ready for finish).
Precisely. Thats why i pointed out the obvious flaw in the current path, but if Doval has a good plan, then so be it.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Yes covert missions are always better than open ones, and IMO we are already working covertly there, but sometimes covert missions need a political push.

Abhijat

Country flag
Covert operation has limit in itself, it can never achieve full freedom.

The Balochi freedom fighters , can not and I meant to say never, would be able to fight equally in terms of conventional firearms against a State , such as Pakistan.

They also need, open political support of Strong Nations , which can be leveraged to limit fire power from State.

In the end , only through international recognition , a geographical boundary gets status of Nation-State.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles