After FB, Pak further bans Flickr, Youtube & Wikipedia. Edit Twitter, Blackberry too

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Now I understand why pakistan is a Failed State and is in Ruins, it can never improve and rather digress further, they are probably the only country which is a bafoon in the name of islamic state! Rather than fighting islamists, feeding hungry etc they go after facebook and youtube ...Amazing!

Toady, I say in open, that pakistanis are worst people mentality wise in this whole wide world AND no doubt majority wants to be suicide bomber and islamic jihadis!

Pakistan is really pathetic!

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan has blocked the popular video sharing website YouTube in a bid to contain "blasphemous" material, officials said on Thursday.

The blockade came hours after the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) directed Internet service providers to stop access to social network Facebook indefinitely on Wednesday because of an online competition to draw the Prophet Mohammad.

Wahaj-us-Siraj, the CEO of Nayatel, an Internet service provider, said PTA issued an order late on Wednesday seeking an "immediate" blockade of YouTube.

"It was a serious instruction as they wanted us to do it quickly and let them know after that," he told Reuters.

YouTube was also blocked in the Muslim country in 2007 for about a year for what it called un-Islamic videos.

A PTA official, who declined to be identified, said the action was taken after the authority determined that some caricatures of the Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) were transferred from Facebook to YouTube.

Any representation of the Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) is deemed un-Islamic and blasphemous by Muslims.

Siraj said the blocking of the two websites would cut up to 25 per cent of total Internet traffic in Pakistan.

"It'll have an impact on the overall Internet traffic as they eat up 20 to 25 per cent of the country's total 65 giga-bytes traffic," he said.

Publications of similar cartoons in Danish newspapers in 2005 sparked deadly protests in Muslim countries. Around 50 people were killed during violent protests in Muslim countries in 2006 over the cartoons, five of them in Pakistan.

Al Qaeda claimed responsibility for a suicide attack on Denmark's embassy in Islamabad in 2008, killing six people, saying it was in revenge for publication of the caricatures.

http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect...locks-youtube-over-blasphemous-material-ss-01

Last edited by a moderator:

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
Good Job pakistan govt ...people please look for silver lining in the dark cloud of pak govt.ban on facebook and youtube....the silver lining is that there will be reduction of videos and comments and fanpages of pakistani users idolizing terrorists and jihad.=xy

gogbot

Good Job pakistan govt ...people please look for silver lining in the dark cloud of pak govt.ban on facebook and youtube....the silver lining is that there will be reduction of videos and comments and f
fanpages of pakistani users idolizing terrorists and jihad.=xy
LoL, my thoughts exactly

but we know most Pak internet users are living nations anyway.

still this whole issues is a farce.

maomao

Country flag
Wikipedia Banned TOO!

Man these pakistanis have shown they actually wanna live in 7th century islamist stone age just as Taliban did in Afghanistan, and they are right on the track and will reach soon, the Mullahs of pakistan must be rejoicing as now they control the media and banning all medium of free speech is complete.

Thank God I am not a Shameless pakistani who has to lie that he is an Indian to get acceptability and when back home spew venom against Indians and Hindus in particular!

Last edited:

Sabir

DFI TEAM
According to friends in PDF wiki and flicker are banned aswell.....

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
Is pakistan taking leaf out of the book of its friend china and trying to become police state like them?

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
As it is, there are very few offline recreational facilities for youth in the increasingly radicalizing Pakistani society banning YouTube, Facebook and Wikipedia will be a big blow for the netizens. Who knows what else will be blocked next.

Good Job pakistan govt ...people please look for silver lining in the dark cloud of pak govt.ban on facebook and youtube....the silver lining is that there will be reduction of videos and comments and fanpages of pakistani users idolizing terrorists and jihad.=xy
Jihadis don't use YouTube, Facebook, or Wikipedia to recruit online. Those are American sites on which there's constant vigil. Pakistan just wants to do a China by blocking sites in which information about the government's failures are shared and discussed.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
As it is, there are very few offline recreational facilities for youth in the increasingly radicalizing Pakistani society banning YouTube, Facebook and Wikipedia will be a big blow for the netizens. Who knows what else will be blocked next.

Jihadis don't use YouTube, Facebook, or Wikipedia to recruit online. Those are American sites on which there's constant vigil. Pakistan just wants to do a China by blocking sites in which information about the government's failures are shared and discussed.
i mean the closet jihadis like the fans of zaid hamid types.twitter should be next in line

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
Emo,
you please pass the fatwa on the pak govt that by banning the halal sites they r doing haram.and by banning they are no less than munafiq

DaRk WaVe

Emo,
you please pass the fatwa on the pak govt that by banning the halal sites they r doing haram.and by banning they are no less than munafiq
I pass it???

I am already a Kafir lol.....

seriosuly our courts & PTA is f u c k e d up, big time

i have a feeling Google will be banned as well :S

Last edited:

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
I pass it???

seriosuly our courts & PTA is f u c k e d up big time
This is height of stupidity just for someone who created some blasphemous page the court is banning the whole website..This is not the way to go ...its like saying some cartoonist drew sketches in paper so ban the whole news paper it self.How about blogs how about emails blasphemous materials can be posted/sent there too are they gonna ban the internet itself??????

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
EMo,
you or kafir??? i thought you were pak like muzna.

Last edited:

DaRk WaVe

This is height of stupidity just for someone who created some blasphemous page the court is banning the whole website..This is not the way to go ...its like saying some cartoonist drew sketches in paper so ban the whole news paper it self.How about blogs how about emails blasphemous materials can be posted/sent there too are they gonna ban the internet itself??????
I hope they ban the damn Internet & we go back to the pucking stone age IDIOTS!!!

don't know why the stupid people in establishment cannot understand the simple logic that banning these sites will do no good at all!!!!

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
^^Well west of indus for centuries were and still living in stone age.but as you come move down to est from indus age changes very fast.

DaRk WaVe

^^Well west of indus for centuries were and still living in stone age.but as you come move down to est from indus age changes very fast.
I can live in stone age but i wont cross over to east of Indus, The place from where we were uprooted =heheh

avis

why the hell banning these sites in Pakistan? will it do any good for them? i dont think so.... faith cant be shaken by some idiotic cartoons or videos.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
I can live in stone age but i wont cross over to east of Indus from where we were uprooted
which ever way you try to deny it.but you are as much indian as much im a pakistani.And yes even though you were uprooted but then still you r living east of indus only=xD

maomao

Country flag
I can live in stone age but i wont cross over to east of Indus, The place from where we were uprooted =heheh
Plz go far west of Indus into Afghanistan no need to even look eastward :)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles