After China's NSG Snub, How Should India Retaliate?

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
China had a choice. It should have been an easy one because India’s entry into NSG did not hurt Beijing in any way and opposition threatened to do fairly serious damage to its ties with India. China did not even blink. Neither should India.

How do you feel India should retaliate? China's rejection of India's bid to join the NSG was driven by its sole aim of containing India's rise which is threatening China's strategy of dominance not only in Asia but the world too.

So what should India do to pay back China with the same coin? India’s policy will be a failure, however, if New Delhi fails to respond to what is yet another blatant example of China’s containment strategy. India can respond in a number of ways. Because this was primarily a balance of power move, India’s response should also be on that particular chessboard.

1. India can imitate what China is doing with Pakistan: build up the military capabilities of others on China’s periphery who share India’s worry about China. They may be too weak to match China, but enhancing their capabilities is one way of forcing China to divert its energies and make it understand the costs of strategic blowback. This can take the form of military assistance as well as training and other forms of cooperation. These countries would include Vietnam (India is already in the process of selling it Brahmos missiles and warships), Indonesia, Phillipines, and Malaysia.

2. India should also ask its existing partners to expand the Malabar naval exercise to include all other countries in the Asia-Pacific that are worried about China.

3. India should restart the Quadrilateral Strategic Dialogue that was suspended because of China’s objections but seek, once again, to include others such as Vietnam, Philippines and even Indonesia.

4. Curtailing levels of engagement with China, or suspending its own strategic dialogue with Beijing.

5. Restrict Sino-Indian trade which is now $70 billion only to essentials more so as India has a trade deficit of $48 billion.

6. Scrap the feasibility study by the Chinese for the New Delhi - Chennai HSR amounting to over $13 billion.

7. Scrap all Chinese infrastructure projects in the pipeline that are worth over $40 billion.

8. Suspend the “India Year” and “China Year”, an exchange program of culture activities which is a farce.

9. Postpone the ratification on climate change indefinitely that would affect China's peaking date of 2030.

10. Suspend all military exercises with the Chinese.

11. Actively participate with the US Navy in patrolling the South China Sea. Rope in countries like Australia and Japan too.

curryman

What will retaliation against the Chinese solve? It will only lead to hardening of their position. Nevertheless, China is not the only country opposing India, there are others that voted against India as well. Should India retaliate against them too?

No, India should double their diplomatic efforts.

No need to react. Modi is already working on act east policy . Modi knows how to respond.
Great idea. China's is a regional hegemon. It's neighbors live in fear. India should build bridges to such countries.

PD_Solo

The only one
Country flag
What will retaliation against the Chinese solve? It will only lead to hardening of their position. Nevertheless, China is not the only country opposing India, there are others that voted against India as well. Should India retaliate against them too?

No, India should double their diplomatic efforts.

Great idea. China's is a regional hegemon. It's neighbors live in fear. India should build bridges to such countries.
Read from online sources that other countries have also opposed India's entry...To be exact 8 of them.

Out of them Brazil's attitude is not palatable considering its current relationship with India.

Gurus plz share light..

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Nevertheless, China is not the only country opposing India, there are others that voted against India as well. Should India retaliate against them too?
Those were the fence sitters who later went with the Chinese. If the latter had agreed for India's entry, the others too would have fallen in line.

Therefore it was all because of China. Period!

I_PLAY_BAD

No need for retaliation.
I really don't trust the news circulating that China thwarted India's entry. Reality is India's application is not rejected but under process. Even if India's application is rejected we can't take it seriously as NSG was formed to isolate India and we cannot expect the same organization to lay red carpet for us. I am sure Pakistan can never enter NSG even if China does all the boot-licking.

3deffect

Country flag
Host Uighur freedom fighters.,..........
if india act like this immediately then its call childish Act...we need to calm down next NSG meet is end of the year...till then we should focus on SCS and help out japan and US.export bramos to viet/malyasia and other all country which is near to china

Zebra

Country flag
After China's NSG Snub, How Should India Retaliate?
WTF.........!

Retaliate....! That too from super duper zombie Modi's side.?

You must be kidding.

Why we call this defence minister as "improved saint Antony" then.
He takes care that Indian army and air force don't get enough stuff.
So that India can't retaliate back if they really wants to.

On top of zombie Modi, he joined SCO.
I wonder why...!
Definitely not to retaliate back.

And India didn't get NSG, anyway.
So we got reason to stay away from SCO now.
But Modi love Chinese money, he is happy to sell his motherland to Chinese if they pay enough.
That is what he is doing right now.
Tell Modi to stay out of SCO, once and for all.
He will refuse straight away, trust me.

Rashna

Country flag
Premature reaction is unnecessary.
‘Path forward’ for India to become NSG member by year-end: US
WASHINGTON: The US has said there is "a path forward" for India to become a full member of the Nuclear Suppliers Group, which will come by the end of this year. The statement came hours after the group's plenary meeting ended in Seoul with no decision on India's membership in face of strong China-led opposition.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ember-by-year-end-US/articleshow/52920867.cms

"We are confident that we have got a path forward by the end of this year," a top Obama administration official said on Friday. "It needs some work. But we are confident that India would be a full member of the (NSG) regime by the end of the year," the official told on condition of anonymity.

SANITY

I wonder why...!

But Modi love Chinese money, he is happy to sell his motherland to Chinese if they pay enough.
India's SCO membership will help drive its economic growth: PM
http://firstpost.com/world/indias-sco-membership-will-help-drive-its-economic-growthpm-2854134.html

Bharat Ek Khoj

Flame Thrower

Specially under these "improved saint Antony" and Modi's government, India is not safe at all.
@Zebra

I think Donkey suits you more..... atleast for above comment..... what say folks!!!

Do you care to explain why India is not safe under Modi govt rule....!!!?? or accpet my Title...

@genius

Just because we didn't enter NSG in the last meeting!!?? Please don't under estimate Modi Diplomacy

Can you say for sure that we wont enter NSG!?

Or atleast in this Modi term!!??

you can't......

I have faith in Modi, so do millions put their faith in him....

I can say for sure that Our Diplomacy at at its highest energy levels in this govt and will alteast maintain the same or increase the energy levels down the line.

Last edited:

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Amerika ****ya bana raha hai !!! Modi will give up more piece of india to uncle sam withing 6 months and nothing will be gained at our side.
Both yankees and chinkis using india as a football, while sucking up to p0rkis. Both love terrorists, not a peaceful country.
First we need to become strong country, for that we need International influence. The memberships of these groups are important.

We need technology, FDI and Human skill development, first !

We are in building stage.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
WTF.........!

Retaliate....! That too from super duper zombie Modi's side.?

You must be kidding.

Why we call this defence minister as "improved saint Antony" then.
He takes care that Indian army and air force don't get enough stuff.
So that India can't retaliate back if they really wants to.

I wonder why...!

When you were supporting American block, I thought you were neutral prefering Indian interestsunlike that China lover @Dark Soul but you ended up like an Yankee petdog.
Think over it.

Zebra

Country flag
Flame Thrower , I_PLAY_BAD , Indx TechStyle

Dude, you guys are not taking this matter seriously.
F*ck US here.
Talk about only Indian people , (specially educated people), as they are at very high risk.

Go through that video which posted many times in past.

Why I am saying this.........!
bcz for this NSG false flag operation , all the political parties in India are on one page.
Without it, it is not possible.

Now if BJP , SP , congress and CPIM , they are all happy to join communist belt.
In this situation, what are the basic ideological differences among them.......?

In other words, chances are there can be one party system in India also.
With the help of Chinese money.

That is where you wants India to be..........?

Think it again.

Check this ............

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Flame Thrower , I_PLAY_BAD , Indx TechStyle

Dude, you guys are not taking this matter seriously.
F*ck US here.
Talk about only Indian people , (specially educated people), as they are at very high risk.

Go through that video which posted many times in past.

Why I am saying this.........!
bcz for this NSG false flag operation , all the political parties in India are on one page.
Without it, it is not possible.

Now if BJP , SP , congress and CPIM , they are all happy to join communist belt.
In this situation, what are the basic ideological differences among them.......?

In other words, chances are there can be one party system in India also.
With the help of Chinese money.

That is where you wants India to be..........?

Think it again.

Check this ............

I have no problem if India joins communist belt or Chinese investments (nor yanks, anybody is welcome for our interests.) unless India itself comes in top 3 economies.
Draw advantages from both sides.

Now, here's the case of CPM, :pound:
There's an interesting story that how they were insulted by CCPians.
BTW, NATO ally for security and SCO member for finance, this thing is what I'm seeing government agenda. Regards.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles