Votes: 47 52.8%
  • Dilute AFSPA provisions

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • More flexible system according to situation

Votes: 23 25.8%

• Total voters

anoop_mig25

Country flag
plz dony worry after this 5 state election mamata wont be member of upa2 any more

plugwater

these cockroaches will even sell their mother's pussy to the vote-bank.

i am changing my nationality and loyalty. i would better support a terrorist nation rather than our corrupt politicians and fkcued up country. at-least the terrorist nation have some kind of vision, a destination and a goal.

nothing good will happen to this country.. iss desh ka kuch nahi hosakta.

<--- this is my new identity.

admin, please change my ID to"mustafa"

You are such an attention seeker, just fvcking stop!!!

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
@mustafa... arre yaar kyun insaan se bandar ban raha hai :lol:
bhai, bandar ke politicians bhi imaandar se kaam karte hai pedh ke uppar. :sad:

A fast that is 11 years old, and no one cares

"I am not important for this world,
just like a worm that can be crushed."
---Irom Sharmila Chanu

::The Hans India::
but my friend, her fast is for a wrong cause; she does not even know what she is doing. you see, she is not offering any solutions. she is just fasting at the expense my fkcing tax money. who cares.

"I am not important for this world,"

:rofl: :rofl:

cry baby, cry.. haha!

you have done nothing, absolutely nothing in order to consider you as important for this world. i am atleast now happy that she have realized the bitter truth that she is not important for this world.. now stop whining

Last edited:

Oracle

A fast that is 11 years old, and no one cares

"I am not important for this world,
just like a worm that can be crushed."
---Irom Sharmila Chanu

http://www.thehansindia.info/News/Article.asp?category=1&subCategory=3&ContentId=3614
Irom Sharmila's fight is for a just cause. However, she should also realize that without AFSPA, chaos would rule Manipur. Recent developments show that the State Administration is ineffective in handling internal security issues. Now, imagine disturbed areas without AFSPA.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
There is more drama-baazi in the thread than by Mamata Bonerjee. Drama is expected from Mamata Boner-jee, but so much dramabaazi on threads is usually not expected.

trackwhack

Mamta can bark all she wants. There is no state jurisdiction on such matters. Stupid bitch.

Blackwater

these cockroaches will even sell their mother's pussy to the vote-bank.

i am changing my nationality and loyalty. i would better support a terrorist nation rather than our corrupt politicians and fkcued up country. at-least the terrorist nation have some kind of vision, a destination and a goal.

nothing good will happen to this country.. iss desh ka kuch nahi hosakta.

<--- this is my new identity.

admin, please change my ID to"mustafa"
did u marry a paki in dubai?????

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Mamata's father also cannot throw out anything!

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
Before we debate this issue on the forum, Can someone tell me what makes you think if her statement makes any sense? If it does not what are we going to achieve by venting our frustration on the forum because none of these morons read our comments. The one and only to make them listen us to wipe out these politicians from their posts by voting them out.

She does not have any jurisdiction over Manipur it is the central Government which takes decision on matter of internal security.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Mamata's AFSPA promise a sham: Activists

Mamata's AFSPA promise a sham: Activists

KOLKATA: Chief minister Mamata Banerjee has come under friendly fire for her promise to repeal the Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) in Manipur if Trinamool Congress is voted to power in that state.

After party MP Kabir Suman accused her of shedding crocodile tears for Irom Sharmila, rights activists - who were once government-appointed mediators with Maoists - slammed her on Tuesday for making empty promises.

Mamata's pledge to do away with AFSPA is little more than an electoral promise with no practical value, civil rights activists in Kolkata say.

"Mamata Banerjee has tried to woo Manipur voters with these statements but they have no practical value. When she has not succeeded in withdrawing the joint forces from Jangalmahal, how can she even think of repealing AFSPA even if she does win the mandate in Manipur?" said rights activist Sujato Bhadra.

The AFSPA is very difficult to do away with, Bhadra remarked. "The Jeevan Reddy Committee, set up to review the Act after Manorama Devi's death in Manipur, recommended repeal of AFSPA but nothing happened. Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Omar Abdullah has been fighting to repeal the act for several years but has not succeeded. The lobby in favour of AFSPA is simply too strong. How can Mamata even consider changing the situation at her level," Bhadra asked.

Chhoton Das, who was a mediator between the government and the Maoists till Kishanji's death, remarked that politicians seldom keep their promises. "Many of the statements made by politicians before elections seem to be very positive. At the end of the day, none of the commitments are kept. There is no exception to this. This has become a rule in this country. Politicians have a consistent record so far as breaking of promises is concerned," he said.

Bhadra pointed out that Mamata had done nothing to release those detained under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Amendment Act in Bengal. "During a meeting with us, the chief minister said that she would not be able to withdraw the joint forces from Jangalmahal but she promised to release the UAPA detainees. Though the crackdown under this Act has stopped, none of the detainees have been releases yet. In December, we sent a fresh list of people falsely implicated under this Act but the government didn't take any action," he said.

On Republic Day, Kabir Suman had criticized Mamata for drawing a parallel between her 26-day fast during the Singur agitation and Irom Sharmila's epic 10-year fast against AFSPA in Manipur. "The fact is the state government neither forced her (Mamata) to break her strike nor arrested her. On the other hand, Irom Sharmila was arrested by the Army in the beginning and then she was forced to eat by using tubes," Suman wrote in his blog.

The singer-composer pointed out that Sharmila's name never once came up during Mamata's fast at Esplanade. Kabir Suman goes on to criticize Mamata's failure in withdrawing joint forces from Jangalmahal. In fact, most of his blogs in the last few months have gone against Mamata. He has written not only against the police firing at Mograhat that killed two persons but also composed a song for the farmers who have committed suicide due to debt.

Mamata's AFSPA promise a sham: Activists - The Times of India
Is Mamata Bannerjee a fraud or is she a concerned person caged from achieving because of the political infrastructure?

nimo_cn

Country flag
The notorious AFSPA of India, what kind of country would come up with a law like that

The Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act (AFSPA), was passed on September 11, 1958, by the Parliament of India.[1] It conferred special powers upon armed forces in what the act calls "disturbed areas" in the states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura. It was later extended to Jammu and Kashmir as The Armed Forces (Jammu and Kashmir) Special Powers Act, 1990 in July 1990.[2]

According to the Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA), in an area that is proclaimed as "disturbed", an officer of the armed forces has powers to:

"Fire upon or otherwise use force, even to the causing of death, against any person who is acting in contravention of any law" against "assembly of five or more persons" or possession of deadly weapons.
To arrest without a warrant and with the use of "necessary" force anyone who has committed certain offenses or is suspected of having done so
To enter and search any premise in order to make such arrests.
It gives Army officers legal immunity for their actions. There can be no prosecution, suit or any other legal proceeding against anyone acting under that law. For declaring an area as a 'disturbed area' there must be a grave situation of law and order on the basis of which Governor/Administrator can form opinion that an area is in such a disturbed or dangerous condition that use of Armed Forces in aid of civil power is necessary .[6]

Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act, 1958 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As far as I am concerned, the act basically grants Indian forces the license to kill. I have never seen any other country issued such a law before, and I feel shocked that the democratic India invented such a violent law right after the country was established on the idea of non-violence. And the law is still valid today, 58 years after it was issued. Countless people were slaughtered because of that law.

Horrible!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles