Afghanistan - News & Discussions

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Why should India Not Knock JF 17 Aircraft / Give Air Cover to Panchshir Valley . Sukoi 30 from Tajikistan could target them on BVR??
And where do you expect them to take-off from with sufficient weapon loads? Don't tell me Ayni air base since that is long closed. Ayni was a helicopter base with Mi-17s and Mi-35s of the IAF. Both these helicopters are long back in India and are not deployed overseas, except for UN missions and to-and-fro transport missions between designated points.

We are not in a position to get involved in a civil wars without having nearby supply lines. If we had control over POK, we had a big chance to cross into Afghanistan through the Wakhan corridor. Our government is shitting bricks in taking out even the NSCN, and you are talking about aiding the Masoods in a war by crossing over a hostile country.

The Su-30 MKI may have the range to fly and do missions there, but it needs a closer base to re-supply; and I am not even talking about the issue of crossing over Paki territory to reach Panjshir valley. You don't need me to know what the PAF would think if they see MKIs flying in their airspace.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
Huge blast in Kabul..300 killed

Probably the Pakis using ISIS to get back at the Taliban. There's always an ISKP bomb blast in Afghanistan after tensions rise between the Taliban and Pakis. Their Taliban project has failed spectacularly as the TTP and Afghan Taliban are practically the same organization. The irony is the Taliban is giving the same rhetoric to the pakis regarding TTP as pakis used to give US and India regarding their terror groups, i.e "We don't support them", "They aren't here", "You have no proof". etc etc. LOL I guess Karma spares no one. These blasts are only going to piss off the Taliban, and afghans in general more, as they all know who's behind it, and will make them escalate against the pakis in KPK, and even support BLA.

Butter Chicken

Country flag
An earthquake of magnitude 6.1 killed 950 people in Afghanistan early on Wednesday, disaster management officials said, with more than 600 injured and the toll expected to grow as information trickles in from remote mountain villages: Reuters

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles