Afghan TV blurs Quaid-e-Azam’s face, viewers 'hurt'

Rage

DFI TEAM
Afghan TV blurs Quaid-e-Azam’s face, viewers 'hurt'

Thursday, March 19, 2009

PESHAWAR: A Kabul-based Afghan TV channel blurred Quaid-e-Azam’s face during the telecast of a Pushto drama, hurting the sentiments of Pakistani and Afghan viewers, they told Daily Times on Wednesday.

The channel, Shamshad TV, telecast a Pakistani Pashto TV drama on Monday. In one of the scenes, Quaid-e-Azam’s picture was shown on a wall with the face blurred which hurt the feelings of Pakistani and Afghan viewers’ alike they said.

“A famous (Pakistani) Pashto TV artist, Ismail Shahid, was acting as a school principal in the drama and Quaid-e-Azam’s portrait was shown hung there which was blurred. It was a great insult to the founder of Pakistan,” they said.

Asked how they recognised it was Quaid-e-Azam’s face when it was blurred, Shamshad TV viewers said, “On such a drama set showing a government organisation, Quaid-e-Azam’s portrait is always hanging as a mark of respect. That’s what convinced us that Shamshad TV had insulted the Pakistani nation’s feelings by blurring the face of Quaid-e-Azam,” the viewers said. staff report

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2009\03\19\story_19-3-2009_pg7_19

ahmedsid

Top Gun
The Afghans dont care for Jinnah or anything he stood for. Pakistanis might be offended, but not Afghanis I believe, atleast not all of em!

pakfalcon

These Ungrateful afghans! This is the way they thank pakistan for hosting all their refugees!

Rage

DFI TEAM
The Afghans dont care for Jinnah or anything he stood for. Pakistanis might be offended, but not Afghanis I believe, atleast not all of em!
Nor do I. This is a man who had the audacity to demand a separate state alongwith a section of his political brigade, of which not one gave their life for independence. This is a man who further characterized that newly formed entity as the "land of the pure": an 'Islamic' state "for the muslims of the subcontinent", nothwithstanding the fact that he was anything BUT a pious and devout muslim, only then to proceed to disown them in his famous words:"They will look after themselves, I am not interested in their fate". This is a man who, albeit disillusioned by the "party dictatorship" of the Congress ministries and their "majoritarian rule", rather chose to give way to political ambition and to aggravate the communal divide by his two-nation theory than to mobilize both communities, espouse secular values and seek protection for the rights of all minorities as Dr. Ambedkar had urged him to do. This is a man who turned from a tireless conciliator, a real statesman from his days of old to a self-effacing hypocrite arrogantly reliant upon his self-conceived 'tactical skills' while blinded to the hellishness of their repercussions.

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
Nor do I. This is a man who had the audacity to demand a separate state alongwith a section of his political brigade, of which not one gave their life for independence. This is a man who further characterized that newly formed entity as the "land of the pure": an 'Islamic' state "for the muslims of the subcontinent", nothwithstanding the fact that he was anything BUT a pious and devout muslim, only then to proceed to disown them in his famous words:"They will look after themselves, I am not interested in their fate". This is a man who, albeit disillusioned by the "party dictatorship" of the Congress ministries and their "majoritarian rule", rather chose to give way to political ambition and to aggravate the communal divide by his two-nation theory than to mobilize both communities, espouse secular values and seek protection for the rights of all minorities as Dr. Ambedkar had urged him to do. This is a man who turned from a tireless conciliator, a real statesman from his days of old to a self-effacing hypocrite arrogantly reliant upon his self-conceived 'tactical skills' while blinded to the hellishness of their repercussions.
You have a great flair for writing Rage dude... :):):):):)

EnlightenedMonk

These Ungrateful afghans! This is the way they thank pakistan for hosting all their refugees!
I am quite sure that a lot of Afghans who were refugees are grateful to Pakistan for being so generous and hosting them, but that doesn't mean that they have to toe the line liked by the Pakistanis, like everybody liked by the Pakistanis and behave like an extension nation of Pakistan... They have their own individuality dude, and let's respect that...

And, IMHO, blurring out the image of Jinnah doesn't exactly cause any disrespect to him in any way....

In fact, if any Indian production had blurred the image of Gandhi, I don't think it'd have been a disrespect to Gandhi either....

pyromaniac

Founding Member
hmmpp...one could argue that if the Pakistan govt. had been more careful in choosing their allies, then the Taliban would not exist and by extension the current situation in Afghanistan wouldn't be happening either.

EnlightenedMonk

hmmpp...one could argue that if the Pakistan govt. had been more careful in choosing their allies, then the Taliban would not exist and by extension the current situation in Afghanistan wouldn't be happening either.
I didn't want to say that for fear of starting up a flame-war on the forum, which I didn't want under any circumstances... but, you said it nonetheless... Cheers for that... :):):):):)

Rage

DFI TEAM
Precisely, the pakistanis have every bit a share in the ingress of Afghans into their territory as any other of the conglomerate of countries that call themselves the ISAF and are involved in the WoT in Afghanistan. The millstone of providing refuge to displaced Afghans, owing in large part to the trajectory of policies that can trace their origin to Pakistan's providing assistance to the CIA and mujahideen during the Soviet invasion, and their subsequent use of the mujahideen as an instrument of foreign policy, should simply be seen as just recompense and deserved requital.

Do NOT breed a monster you can never tame.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles