Afghan Army Chief to visit India

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Afghan Army Chief to visit India

The Afghan Army Chief General Bismillah Khan Mohammadi, who visits India next month will meet the Army top brass and tour key military installations.

General Mohammadi, Afghan National Army Chief since 2002, will call upon his Indian counterpart, General Deepak Kapoor and visit military installations in Mumbai, Bangalore and Pune during his week-long visit. He is also likely to visit the National Defence Academy (NDA) in Pune. The Academy has trained Afghan cadets in the past.

General Mohammadi’s visit is expected to open a new chapter in the military relationship between the two countries, which at present is restricted to humanitarian projects. The Indian Army doctors run a children’s hospital in Kabul and provide medical aid to locals at several other places. A team from the Indian Army’s Education Corps is in Kabul since last year to teach English language to locals.

IDRW.ORG Blog Archive Afghan Army Chief to visit India

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
how about giving some Arjun tanks to the Afghan army for free..........

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
i suppose our friends at Kahad would have many old accounts to settle with Pakistan

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
well I think we must help them economically and I also think we must lend them the LCA too. They must first be shown how the people can live harmoniously throwing aside their differences.

johnee

They must first be shown how the people can live harmoniously throwing aside their differences.
India must never meddle in others affairs unless we get some profit out of it(or we have some overwhelming necessity).

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
I think Afghanistan is a necessity for us. An economically developed afghanistan or a growing afghanistan is a headache for Pakistan. so it has to split its resources. For that they need peace. People must be educated first and given jobs first. This will make them think rationally. And in the end Pakistan will become a loser.

johnee

I think Afghanistan is a necessity for us. An economically developed afghanistan or a growing afghanistan is a headache for Pakistan. so it has to split its resources. For that they need peace. People must be educated first and given jobs first. This will make them think rationally. And in the end Pakistan will become a loser.
True, but we dont want to meddle in internal affairs of Afghans(for Eg; their tribal feuds) and make them our enemies. We can help them, advise them, but ultimately they choose the direction in which their nation marches.

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
We need to use or clout there and bring them to modern age first. Then perhaps these tribal feuds may be negligible. That is what our advisors there are doing I suppose. I think Kabuli will help you in this.

johnee

We need to use or clout there and bring them to modern age first. Then perhaps these tribal feuds may be negligible. That is what our advisors there are doing I suppose. I think Kabuli will help you in this.
Mate, our modern age doesnt have to match their 'modern age'. We need to develop their infrastructure, promote peace but should not get arrogant and think that their society should ape ours. They will have their own culture and traditions, and their development will be within those parameters. We should not try to push our social values on them forcefully. Tribal feuds will have to be resolved locally, our clout will not help us resolve it. If we try to meddle in those affairs then we will be seen as enemies by all tribal groups(and they might unite against us).

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Johnee education is importtant and you agree with me in this right? Education brings tolerance and rationality(atleast to some extent). I am not asking our policy makers to destroy their culture and tradition. I am just asking them to invest more in their development. We can use our clout to make the tribal lords to sit together and talk out the problems.

Country flag
Afghanistan's fragmentation and descend into chaos has all been carefully devised by the Pakistanis who always want Afghanistan to remain unstable for their own sinister motives, first the pakistanis used the Russian invasion as the premise and now the premise is the war on terror, for Afghans to be a truly independent and prosperous people they have to take the thorn out of their side known as Pakistan.

johnee

Johnee education is importtant and you agree with me in this right? Education brings tolerance and rationality(atleast to some extent). I am not asking our policy makers to destroy their culture and tradition. I am just asking them to invest more in their development. We can use our clout to make the tribal lords to sit together and talk out the problems.
It depends on the sort of education that we are talking about.

I agree that we can use our clout to fascilitate talks(if and when they are necessary), but we shouldnt overemphasize our role in their internal issues.

johnee

Afghanistan's fragmentation and descend into chaos has all been carefully devised by the Pakistanis who always want Afghanistan to remain unstable for their own sinister motives, first the pakistanis used the Russian invasion as the premise and now the premise is the war on terror, for Afghans to be a truly independent and prosperous people they have to take the thorn out of their side known as Pakistan.
Actually, for Afghanistan to be truly peaceful, it needs to reclaim its land that Pakistan has occupied.

Afghanistan before Durand line of 1893.

Present Afghanistan.

Afghanistan has not recognised Durand Line(AFAIK). Hence, Afghanistan must reclaim its land. Of course, Balochis may have the option of going independent, joining Afghanistan or India(since, the original Nation that was carved out to make Pakistan was India). There should be a plebiscite.

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Johnee I mean School education. Not the Maddrasah education.

Country flag
Johnee I agree with you the Durand line question has never been addressed and it is even before the Kashmir question and the creation of Pakistan.

johnee

LF,
Pakistan's existence causes unstability to both India and Afghanistan. Infact, it survives by making the whole region instable. Its survival endangers the entire region.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles