AEROINDIA 2019

Enquirer

I will search and give the link later

Have a better one here , Look carefully left side

LCA mk2 with dual missile pylon , 2 missiles mounted on a single weapons pylon

View attachment 32205
With 6-7 ton payload capability the 11 hardpoints will fall short :)
Dual pylons will be required in big numbers....maybe at multiple hardpoints!

It's really cool! 4 CCMs 4 BVRAAMs maybe 1 external fuel tank & there'll still be 4 hardpoints for large standoff missiles (Brahmos-NG, Nirbhay, 2000lb LGBs, NGARM etc)

uoftotaku

Country flag

uoftotaku

Country flag
Could someone take a better picture of this poster. Need clarity on what they are proposing.
A lot of it looks (at least in illustration) to be straight copies of existing weapons

- Smart Cruise Missile : Norwegian NSM / JSM
- New Gen PGM : EXACT Copy of Israeli Spice
- Anti-Tank Smart Bomb : Copy of US CBU-105
- New Gen LGB : Copy of GBU-49 (Although TBH almost all LBG do look similar worldwide)
- Anti-Ship Missile : Copy of Israeli Gabriel 5
- New Gen CCM / WVR Missile : Copy of ASRAAM

Hope they aren't seriously looking at the usual License Assembly route and re-branding it

uoftotaku

Country flag
Loving the new camo on HAL’s LUH. #AeroIndia2019
Can anyone explain to me the need for / role of the LUH compared to the ALH?

I understand from previous reports that its for High Altitude Ops but isn't ALH already being used for this? I see them delivering supplies in Siachen already. So why LUH which is on paper less capable?

Why are we insisting on having these 2 separate choppers in an already crowded inventory when the ALH can easily become a universal battlefield utility helicopter (like the Blackhawk) which is the accepted global norm?

Is there some spectacular capability in LUH or deficiency in ALH I am missing?

binayak95

Country flag

I understand from previous reports that its for High Altitude Ops but isn't ALH already being used for this? I see them delivering supplies in Siachen already. So why LUH which is on paper less capable?

Why are we insisting on having these 2 separate choppers in an already crowded inventory when the ALH can easily become a universal battlefield utility helicopter (like the Blackhawk) which is the accepted global norm?

LUH is cheetah - chetak replacement. A cheaper Dhruv - if you will.

SilentKiller

Country flag

its same like why getting twin engine fighter and single engine fighter.
Cost is one big factor, 2nd is like we have C17 and An32, and we have to deliver 2 Ton payload to say leh from chandigarh, so will you use C17 or An32? C17 can carry but it will be not worth to carry such small i.e. almost empty C17.
Hope my examples are understood.

SilentKiller

Country flag
Suryakiran got disbanded after the Hyderabad crash of the Kiran aircraft then we restarted it again with new BAE Hawks this is their first major display event. Even in last Aeroindia 2017 they didn't put much display . Sad again this will go into Limbo . I think its time we replace Hawks with Tejas for the suryakiran . But this accident looks more like Human error than anything to do with Aircraft
I had Privilege to watch team very closely way back in 2011 last time i guess they flew before upgrading to Hawks.
Hoped they should not have disbanded it..its the brand value.IAF Needs them so does the nation at such a sad month we are facing...Don't think am right person but i believe they should believe in "Show should go on, what ever happens".

Arihant Roy

Country flag
Regarding Tejas mk2

1. Weapons load has been increased to 6.5 tons

2. Internal fuel load increased to 3.3 tons

3. Preliminary design phase will be wrappesd up by end of this year. After that detailed design phase. First flight by end 2023.

4. Rear fuselage has been widened to accommodate higher thrust engine. There are no plans to have uprated Kaveri. It is going to be GE F414.

5. Significant changes in the fuselage to accommodate higher fuel load. Wings have been moved outward.

6. 4 prototypes planned. Subsequent prototypes will fly six to eight months after. the first prototype.

7. Fuselage length has been increased by 1.35 m. Mto w is 17.5 tons

8. Will carry Brahmos mini.

9. IAF has a requirement for 200 MWF.

So we can say goodbye to Gripen E and F-21 which is a rebadged F-16 Block 70.

Last edited:

porky_kicker

Country flag
Regarding Tejas mk2

1. Weapons load has been increased to 6.5 tons

2. Internal fuel load increased to 3.3 tons

3. Preliminary design phase will be wrappesd up by end of this year. After that detailed design phase. First flight by end 2023.

4. Rear fuselage has been widened to accommodate higher thrust engine. There are no plans to have uprated Kaveri. It is going to be GE F414.

5. Significant changes in the fuselage to accommodate higher fuel load. Wing

First flight by 2023 ? Seriously
Morons need to be kicked into action earlier

Articles