AEROINDIA 2019

Enquirer

Indian Defence Web Space was wild wild west more than a decade back. And making mistake in identification of weapon system was not uncommon as most online/news sources you would read originally from - might have got it wrong altogether in first place. Heck Indian defence PSU were piss poor in PR dept back then - though now - its much better than before - but still leaves a lot to be desired. Those were the days when Vivek Raguvanshi, Rajat Pundit, ruled the professional defence news circle. Prasun K Sengupta was having tiff with Arun. S over former's alleged plagiarism. When Uneven Cohen & Christine who was then Unfair use to bitch against India while exonerated Pakistan

V.K was an ex Pilot & did some s/w business after retirement(if I read that info correctly somewhere), but I doubt that would have qualified him a regular update from DRDO/DRDL etc about various programs they were working on - with accurate Brochures. So quite possibly he could have got it wrong. It will surprise you when you meet/talk def personal be it India or elsewhere - often they are NOT walking encyclopedia on number, stats, Weapon Make types in existence - Barring the narrow domain field they worked in.
Fully agree that folks some who are experts in some narrow area, will authoritatively make claims about things that they're completely ignorant about. Unfortunately, fanboys think that since someone's a 'working defense professional', he must be right about everything!

In terms of sloppiness, I don't think it's gotten any better with time! Last year, DRDO itself up the picture of LAHAT missiles on a quad-rack in its monthly newsletter claiming it to be Helina (just because the name 'Helina' was photoshopped on it several years ago)!

I keep cautioning folks to use common sense and logic before assuming anything/everything as a fact.

Even the much applauded recent article on Tejas by Indranil & another guy is riddled with inaccuracies!!!

AnantS

Country flag
It is a PESA radar - it's essentially a modified Rajendra....
well yes, I know its origin, they were supposed to be working on next gen WLR, if i read some old reports correctly. The Mk2 in the name had me ponder on the kind of update it would have had

proud_indian

Country flag
Yep. I can't believe that he'd miss something so obvious!!

He normally posts a link to additional documents in his tweets, when you click on it you realize you need his permission to access them. I clicked on the button seeking access, next thing I see I have an email from him that I have to pay him a fee to see the docs. I replied 'no thanks'. Can't believe he charges money to give out this crappy info
Yeah, he created this mini Wikipedia style website hosted on Google where he updates all the stuff regarding Indian defence projects has a yearly subscription and he has one more site dedicated to "Indian space projects" which is still free and he actually updates them regularly.

That's why I was confused when he stated that Tapas UAV at AeroIndia this year has UEC Saturn engines and more confusing thing is that in the subsequent replies to that tweet he mentions that the UAV that flew last year had diesel engines. So I thought he knows something that we don't as he went to the AeroIndia show himself and took the pictures.

Articles