ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

johnj

Mk2 has a lot of additional weapon-carrying capabilities. I wonder if HAL can work some magic & like it created Mk1A, create a Mk1B which uses the more powerful F414 engine & has a little more range.
Not going happen bech f414 version of lca mk1 is called lca mk2. and mk1 use current engine its entire life becz no one is gong to fund further development of current engine. lca mk1b version comes with GN aesa fcr, next gen spj, local eots, next gen mini ew suite, long range agm, cats capability etc etc, ground collision avoiding system, oxygen ger etc etc.

MirageBlue

Country flag
Once again why are these ADA chiefs getting away with running with their mouths? Nothing will change until you throw a few of then to jail for life
Do you even realise what you're saying?!! Are there any moderators on this forum or is any body allowed to utter any rubbish and get away with it?!

do you know who the current ADA Chief is and what he's done?? I can bet my bottom rupee you don't nor have any interest in researching his monumental contributions to the Tejas FCS program.

Dr Girish Deodhare could have been happily living in the US, working for LM, Boeing, NG or any of the other US giants that appreciate folks like him and pay them hundreds of thousands of $ per year in salaries and benefits. Instead, he chose to return to India after completing his PhD so he could work on the LCA program at a time when people with his skill set and experience were a super rarity in India.

he is one of the pioneers of the Tejas FCS program, involved with the development of the CLAW since it's inception. If the Tejas Mk1 is flying today without any major FCS related issue, it is due to people like him.

I've said this earlier too..India does not value the level of engineering talent it has. Programs need to be funded adequately and most importantly, TIMELY, to get timely results. Miracles don't happen in aerospace, delays in sanctions and funding have consequences.

The earlier this forum's teenagers understand it, the better. The angst and pain is understandable, I feel the same, but to heap insults at ADA or the people working on these programs without knowing how complex these things are is a real shame.

MirageBlue

Country flag
Mk2 has a lot of additional weapon-carrying capabilities. I wonder if HAL can work some magic & like it created Mk1A, create a Mk1B which uses the more powerful F414 engine & has a little more range.
It is NOT MAGIC!

It is engineering, which requires designers, structural analysts, CFD guys, etc. to do a whole lot of studies and designs.

If you're worried about the Tejas Mk2 timelines, then what makes you think that a Tejas Mk1B which doesn't even exist on paper, will ever see light of day before a Tejas Mk2 prototype does? And to save what? 1-2 years? And HAL can't do major structural or FCS changes without ADA, the agency that is responsible for the Tejas design overall. HAL is a manufacturing partner that took the initiative to change some avionics on the Tejas Mk1 to create the Mk1A.

Structural changes to accommodate a bigger engine and payload and fuel, like on the Tejas Mk2, will require nearly as much work as on the Tejas Mk2. So, what's the point of it at all?

SilentlAssassin265

Country flag
It is NOT MAGIC!

It is engineering, which requires designers, structural analysts, CFD guys, etc. to do a whole lot of studies and designs.

If you're worried about the Tejas Mk2 timelines, then what makes you think that a Tejas Mk1B which doesn't even exist on paper, will ever see light of day before a Tejas Mk2 prototype does? And to save what? 1-2 years? And HAL can't do major structural or FCS changes without ADA, the agency that is responsible for the Tejas design overall. HAL is a manufacturing partner that took the initiative to change some avionics on the Tejas Mk1 to create the Mk1A.

Structural changes to accommodate a bigger engine and payload and fuel, like on the Tejas Mk2, will require nearly as much work as on the Tejas Mk2. So, what's the point of it at all?
F414 and f404 engine has same dimensions so is it possible to just change the engine?

NutCracker

Country flag
F414 and f404 engine has same dimensions so is it possible to just change the engine?
what it's gonna achieve , sit down and think.

Tejas MK1 inlet current design is not sufficient for using full potential of 414.
Even if its modified, GE414 in the end will consume more fuel out of existing 2400kg internal storage.

how do you counter it ?? enlarged fuselage ??
thats what mk2 is.

abingdonboy

Country flag
I'm so black pilled i can only lol at the cope and seethe here - this is an unmitigated disaster that will show up in India's air power in the decades ahead. And we can expect other major projects like AMCA, TEDBF etc to go the same route. I hope noobs will now stop getting a hardon looking at CGI models and completely worth less comments from various stakeholders, and start asking for the receipts for actual money allocated and spent. Delivery (and any issues related to delivery) only comes after that.
Slow clearances—> slow indigenous progress

Unworkable massive import deals—> zero progress on new imported platforms

Complete disinterest in keeping the MKI fleet up to date
(I’ll believe in the Super upgrade when I see it) —> backbone of IAF is on the verge of obsolete

the triple whammy, IAF is in for a rough rough time for the next 20 years at this rate

on top of all this, no move to get additional LCA MK1A (the only jet they’ll actually take delivery of in the next decade)

it’s an unfathomable disaster that will only get attention in blogs and that too only because they are pushing 100++ of their favoured import solution

You see a similar trend in IN and IA with almost no new inductions on the anvil (NGD, NGC, NGF, NGMV, LHD, SSK, SSN, NMRH, NUH, FICV, FRCV/NGMBT, MGS, towed arty etc etc etc etc) as their existing inventories rot. So intent are they on their mega import deals they will rather sit in their HQs and draft endless RFIs to nowhere

in real terms (compared even to the Pakis) India will be no more powerful in 2030 than it was in 2010

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
Slow clearances—> slow indigenous progress

Unworkable massive import deals—> zero progress on new imported platforms

Complete disinterest in keeping the MKI fleet up to date
(I’ll believe in the Super upgrade when I see it) —> backbone of IAF is on the verge of obsolete

the triple whammy, IAF is in for a rough rough time for the next 20 years at this rate

on top of all this, no move to get additional LCA MK1A (the only jet they’ll actually take delivery of in the next decade)

it’s an unfathomable disaster that will only get attention in blogs and that too only because they are pushing 100++ of their favoured import solution

You see a similar trend in IN and IA with almost no new inductions on the anvil (NGD, NGC, NGF, NGMV, LHD, SSK, SSN, NMRH, NUH, FICV, FRCV/NGMBT, MGS, towed arty etc etc etc etc) as their existing inventories rot. So intent are they on their mega import deals they will rather sit in their HQs and draft endless RFIs to nowhere

in real terms (compared even to the Pakis) India will be no more powerful in 2030 than it was in 2010
Not sure about IN though. All of their new capital warships deal haven’t cleared by CCS. In fact from 2025-30 we won’t have any big warship intake. We will have 2 more destroyers and 11 more frigates by 2026. And 11 ASW crafts.

How many will get decommissioned at this point I am not sure.

But IA and IAF are F** for sure. The thing is huge capital deals are being awaited. LUH (300+), LCH (114), Atags, Dhanush, Dhruv etc I don’t even know how they are going to fund money for Amca and TEDBF development, or 26 naval fighters, new ships, NUH, FICV etc.

Good thing is the govt has really concentrated on providing basic amenities to soldiers like bullet proof jacket, helmets, new guns, theatre inter connectivity, infra and new roads. But it’s scary. Even if there is rise of 20B next year in defence budget it still won’t be enough.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Not sure about IN though. All of their new capital warships deal haven’t cleared by CCS. In fact from 2025-30 we won’t have any big warship intake. We will have 2 more destroyers and 11 more frigates by 2026. And 11 ASW crafts.

How many will get decommissioned at this point I am not sure.

But IA and IAF are F** for sure. The thing is huge capital deals are being awaited. LUH (300+), LCH (114), Atags, Dhanush, Dhruv etc I don’t even know how they are going to fund money for Amca and TEDBF development, or 26 naval fighters, new ships, NUH, FICV etc.

Good thing is the govt has really concentrated on providing basic amenities to soldiers like bullet proof jacket, helmets, new guns, theatre inter connectivity, infra and new roads. But it’s scary. Even if there is rise of 20B next year in defence budget it still won’t be enough.
As you’ve pointed out , post ~2027 there’s 0 principle capital ships to be delivered, that’s 4 years away now and as P17A showed the delivery period is 2 years+5-6 years, there’s going to be at minimum a 3-4 year period with 0 PSC inducted at the end of this decade, every day that goes by means that gap is growing

The exact same issue with the fighters, tanks, IFVs etc. can’t just order these off the shelf and have them be inducted within 1-2 years. The lead times are huge. These clowns (civilian and military leadership) don’t even seem to realise the catastrophe that is emerging, they are busy talking in slogans or creating meaningless RFIs/AON. Track it and this govt has been pathetic in signing anything more than piecemeal deals. No major gaps have actually been plugged.

Scary is an understatement

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
As you’ve pointed out , post ~2027 there’s 0 principle capital ships to be delivered, that’s 4 years away now and as P17A showed the delivery period is 2 years+5-6 years, there’s going to be at minimum a 3-4 year period with 0 PSC inducted at the end of this decade, every day that goes by means that gap is growing

The exact same issue with the fighters, tanks, IFVs etc. can’t just order these off the shelf and have them be inducted within 1-2 years. The lead times are huge. These clowns (civilian and military leadership) don’t even seem to realise the catastrophe that is emerging, they are busy talking in slogans or creating meaningless RFIs/AON. Track it and this govt has been pathetic in signing anything more than piecemeal deals. No major gaps have actually been plugged.

Scary is an understatement
Singh ji, humlog ww2 se pehle ke Poland hain kya ?

jai jaganath

Country flag
Singh ji, humlog ww2 se pehle ke Poland hain kya ?
I really believe this theory
We are the fucking damn Poland of ww2
If I see the way our gernails are going then definitely they are hell bent to become a Poland
We will be the hot bed of Chinese aggression

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
I really believe this theory
We are the fucking damn Poland of ww2
If I see the way our gernails are going then definitely they are hell bent to become a Poland
We will be the hot bed of Chinese aggression
Hum Soviet Union hai Bhai, Soviet Union.
Hum shuruat me haarenge lekin bad me apna khud bagration karenge.
Cheen nazi Germany hai, aur Pakistan Poland hai

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles