ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

jai jaganath

Country flag
Dassault also needs to do MLU of their old Rafales to F4 and F5 standard. Rafale F4 production will happen in India with a dedicated MRO facility. The production plant could be later used to produce TEDBF.
Do u think mrfa materialize and production to be done in India
By when do u think the deal will get finalized

jai jaganath

Country flag
Expecting announcement next month right after Macron visits India. With hopes that M88-4 will be manufactured indigenously.
I mean rfp and dac clearance is not done sirji
So next 2-3 years deal couldn't be signed na
So how can next moth can we expect some sort of signing sirji

MirageBlue

Country flag
And have our pilots killed in Migs 29, chetak or cheetah till then… Niceeeeeeeee…
The older Jags which were not part of upgrade will be retired. They expect 3 upgraded Jags Sq platform till 2035 or even more. We got the latest jags just after year 2000.

But remember Migs we’re bought at end of 1980’s. From 1990 to 2030 it’s like 40 years. We are pushing its life.
How many MiG-29s have crashed and how many pilots have died as a result? Please provide the statistics.

MirageBlue

Country flag
Expecting announcement next month right after Macron visits India. With hopes that M88-4 will be manufactured indigenously.
You're expecting too much of this govt. Remember Atma Nirbhar Bharat is their motto and that would fly in the face of it.

silverghost

Country flag
Dassault also needs to do MLU of their old Rafales to F4 and F5 standard. Rafale F4 production will happen in India with a dedicated MRO facility. The production plant could be later used to produce TEDBF.
I pray to God that Dassault partners with somebody like Tata or some other private company in a JV to deliver Rafales if they decide to manufacture them in India.

Javelin_Sam

Country flag
I agree to everything
But why were the heads and directors were giving such timelines in media when they themselves knew regarding the criticality
They were also saying that construction has started before ccs approval if I am not wrong
Leave the above point but timelines were given by them they should been responsible when interacting with media
If ADA says construction started, it is correct technically. Even the metal cutting for AMCA has started already. That doesn't mean once the CCS approval for AMCA is here, it will be rolled out in less than 3 years from CCS approval. Similarly activities for Tejas mk2 would've been started already. There were tenders released last year itself for different parts including canards. And who these officer sources that journalists quote is to be seen. If they are babus from MoD, then they wouldn't know the required efforts or possible timelines. I wouldn't blame ADA or HAL for this. They do not have a choice other than to keep on optimising the design and iterating till end user is willing to sign on the config which happened only in 2021. We ourselves have seen the slides of the design progression from mk1 to mk2 over the years. Next the funds cleared after some months in 2022. Now around 3 years for rollout is standard.

jai jaganath

Country flag
If ADA says construction started, it is correct technically. Even the metal cutting for AMCA has started already. That doesn't mean once the CCS approval for AMCA is here, it will be rolled out in less than 3 years from CCS approval. Similarly activities for Tejas mk2 would've been started already. There were tenders released last year itself for different parts including canards. And who these officer sources that journalists quote is to be seen. If they are babus from MoD, then they wouldn't know the required efforts or possible timelines. I wouldn't blame ADA or HAL for this. They do not have a choice other than to keep on optimising the design and iterating till end user is willing to sign on the config which happened only in 2021. We ourselves have seen the slides of the design progression from mk1 to mk2 over the years. Next the funds cleared after some months in 2022. Now around 3 years for rollout is standard.
I am not blaming institution
But directors should keep their statement's value
By giving such timeline when u are aware of things and procedures then it's nothing just losing your credibility
I repeat I am not crying for 3 years delay or institution being bad
I accept it as its the procedure
But nothing can explain the statements which they gave during interviews and I am only questioning that

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
There is no point debating characters such as Prof Prodyut Das. The pressure needs to be brought on the IAF chief who like a parrot says - IAF needs 114 MRFA & is on record saying that indigenous fighter jets cannot fill in on behalf of MRFA. I am waiting for the dude to retire & somebody sensible to take his place. This is what happens when you have a lenient administrator manning the MoD. We need the equivalent of T.N.Sesan to read the riot act to the IAF chief & his cohorts. They don't understand any other language. What can the IAF chief do, other than take voluntary retirement? Just accept it, the media will create some circus that will die down the moment some other topic takes center stage.
If the govt had any sense it would first tell UNAF to replace all MiG-21 with LCA MK1a then think about MRFA

FactsPlease

Country flag
If the govt had any sense it would first tell UNAF to replace all MiG-21 with LCA MK1a then think about MRFA
... ... The pressure needs to be brought on the IAF chief ... ...
Yes, "the buck must stop" - somewhere. Where?
So far, any specific DRDO head, HAL head, IAF chief, or any IA generals been held responsible for any project failure?
Members on this forum yell accountability. Surely any specific names can be highlighted here?
Hint: anyone who never hesitate to get publicity before media and camera, but remains silent, or pull a long face to announce another "new schedule" w/o words of "delay"...
Take a step further: who is "the gov't"? Under who's watch this Mk2 (and many other saga) been going till this step?
Need more hint? who appointed those DRDO head, HAL head, IAF chief (or did NOT change them), and so on.
Buck must stop somehwere...

Last edited:

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag

SilentlAssassin265

Country flag
Mig 29 may be Ok, but Jaguar even today flies because the earth is curved (as per IAF pilots). By 2035 they will have to add at least two propellers to get it airborne.
What about spares?
We had to geound entire mig 23 and mig 27 fleet even when mig 21 is still in service

silverghost

Country flag
Once again why are these ADA chiefs getting away with running with their mouths? Nothing will change until you throw a few of then to jail for life
Isn't that excessive? Just let them go and hire somebody who can do the job in their place. Nothing brings accountability when you know that your job is not guaranteed & you have to perform to keep it.

silverghost

Country flag

Many will die if it’s not replaced in time.
The Jaguar is a real flying coffin. I wonder why IAF likes it so much that it wants to upgrade it. There are 56 accidents listed under Jaguar.

294 Mig 21, https://www.bharat-rakshak.com/IAF/Database/Accidents/listing.php?qacid=50&qt=TY

13 Mirage 2000 https://www.bharat-rakshak.com/IAF/Database/Accidents/listing.php?qacid=67&qt=TY

11 Sukhoi 30 MKI

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
India will loose 3 Mig21 and probably 2 older Jags squadron before 2026.
Precisely why more mk1A should be ordered to replace retiring jag and MiG-21 numbers. You don't need gold plated MRFA nor even mk2 to replace these cold war relics. MK1a will do just fine, but UNAF is not pragmatic nor practical, just behaving like a spoilt brat and not caring for young pilots lives .

silverghost

Country flag
Precisely why more mk1A should be ordered to replace retiring jag and MiG-21 numbers. You don't need gold plated MRFA nor even mk2 to replace these cold war relics. MK1a will do just fine, but UNAF is not pragmatic nor practical, just behaving like a spoilt brat and not caring for young pilots lives .
Mk1A is good for a no. of tasks but it is also true that we need a Mk1A clone (call it Mk1B) with a larger fuel capacity & combat radius is also needed. After all the M2K, Mig 29 are not going to last forever. We need their replacements too.

SilentlAssassin265

Country flag
Mk1A is good for a no. of tasks but it is also true that we need a Mk1A clone (call it Mk1B) with a larger fuel capacity & combat radius is also needed. After all the M2K, Mig 29 are not going to last forever. We need their replacements too.
That's called mk2 and it's atleast a decade away.

Global Defence

Articles