ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

DumbPilot

Country flag
IAF not ordering mk1a, mk2 will go by production by 2027 but obviously it will be delayed by 2yrs.
All I am saying is having a single engine jet will be better than not having any jet.
IAF anyway looks more commited to mrfa than lca program.
Induction isn't fast. If you buy fighters, it will take some years to deliver and then some years to train and then some more years to institutionalize them with SOP. Why go through that hassle for jets you don't want? We're not in any war right now, Tejas Mk1A/2 and AMCA/TEDBF will come appropriately

johnj

And why is that?
Can you explain if possible.
About what ??
Heavy weight class fighter jet.
I read a article from news paper, 1.7 decade ago, about Su30mki, from IAF.
Heavy weight fighter jet including mki were expensive to maintain & need more maintenance compared to rest, also only able to do less sortie compared to rest. In the case of mki, due to unreliability of engines, spare issues further decrease its sortie rate, plus its need 2 pilots. there is a article I read during the same year about the shortage of fighter pilots in iaf, german af ,In the case of medium weight fighter[mmrca], cost less to maintain, reliable, increased availability of spares, and can do 6 to 9 sortie/day, only need to change the pilot, considering 1 pilot compared to 2. I can't provide any links becz the articles were very old [before 2g/from news papers ].
IAF hoping/dreaming for a workforce fighter, a very dependable fighter jet from day 1 to last day+ with enough range to counter china with best air to air & air to ground multirole capability. According to me - f16/f21, rafale, eft, jas39 suites the role, with eft in no1 position, followed by rafale, gripen & f16. F16 is out due to US alliance & conditions, gripen due to mk2, and eft due to Germans & brexit. Also IAF only wants jets and don't care about sp model or tot or make in india at that time.
LCA mk2- its reliable, less maintenance, high availability of spares, full support from hal, inhouse modifications available during war, and with good range, 1 pilot etc and less cost & meet majority of mmrca requirement except US engine, but ada considering replacing us engine with jv[110kn] engine.
In my opinion, 36 more rafale + mk2 just fine. I think IAF giving more importance to EU weapons like meteor, spear, alcm, ew/sensor suite and engines, that's why asking for mrfa, and ada/drdo forced to meet rafale like capability in mk2.

DeadCritic

Country flag
I see typical g limits of +9/-3.2 for Tejas MK2. Rafale is prescribed with the same limit but built to sustain 13G (War Settings).
The question is: Is the same possible with Tejas MK1 or 2?
Do we have any info on the maximum G Tejas frame can support?

I believe Tejas MK2 is designed to be almost as good as Rafale, so does that mean matching ITR, STR, Climb rate, and G limits as well? Of course with Single engine compromises
Where are we trying to match Rafale? or is this information not at all accurate?

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
I see typical g limits of +9/-3.2 for Tejas MK2. Rafale is prescribed with the same limit but built to sustain 13G (War Settings).

I believe Tejas MK2 is designed to be almost as good as Rafale, so does that mean matching ITR, STR, Climb rate, and G limits as well? Of course with Single engine compromises
Where are we trying to match Rafale? or is this information not at all accurate?
Teajs was tested up to 9.5 g
I remember indranils post from brf few years ago

DumbPilot

Country flag

Useless to think about this until we see Tejas Mk2 performing in real life, or we have energy maneuverability diagrams for the plane.

DeadCritic

Country flag
Useless to think about this until we see Tejas Mk2 performing in real life, or we have energy maneuverability diagrams for the plane.
Well we have dedicated a whole thread and produced 368 pages talking about this MK2 subject only 😉
I only expect to know what others know.. I promise I won't make it my secret source for some random Youtube defense newz channel viral video😅

Varzone

Tihar Jail
Banned

This is one sexy ass plane those cannards just make it look better can't wait to see it flying one day
Harshal pal has stopped DRDO from showing Tejas Mk2 prototype because he wants to keep making renders and post it on twitter.

If the real things come out then importance of render will go down.
I have got to know this from top secret source but we have already made a squadron.

Last edited:

no smoking

Country flag
LCA mk2- its reliable, less maintenance, high availability of spares, full support from hal, inhouse modifications available during war, and with good range, 1 pilot etc and less cost & meet majority of mmrca requirement except US engine, but ada considering replacing us engine with jv[110kn] engine.
All these are just design targets, no one can guarantee how much will be achieved.
For a new player in fighter jet industry like India, it won't be a surprise if some or most of targets are failed.
Even US failed some of her targets in F-35 project.

anirban8

Country flag
All these are just design targets, no one can guarantee how much will be achieved.
For a new player in fighter jet industry like India, it won't be a surprise if some or most of targets are failed.
Even US failed some of her targets in F-35 project.
Don't computer models give a fairly accurate picture of the actual performance??

no smoking

Country flag
Don't computer models give a fairly accurate picture of the actual performance??
Computer model is only simulating based on assumption that everything is developed as project.
But we all know there are lots of uncertainties in such a complicated project.
Some new components can't be developed in time.
Some new materials have negative effects on other part in the actual usage.
Until today, computer model is only an assistant tool, it will save some time in the project, but far from accurate.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
This year (that is 2023), I am expecting that the first prototype of Tejas MK-2 will be rolled out, it was supposed to be rolled out last year (I think in august) but some reason it didn't and got delayed and the timeline of the rollout has been shifted to 2023. If they delay it again then I will be seriously very disappointed. One article I came across mentioned that the rollout will happen in late 2023 and that again might be delayed all the way to march of 2024. :doh:

Screenshot_20230101_125902.jpg
Screenshot_20230101_125916.jpg

Anyways I wish everyone a very happy new year, looking forward to some exciting stuff to happen in the days to come. :clap2:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles