ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

jai jaganath

Country flag
How..?
The roll out is in 2023 end
The first flight is in let's say end 2024
4 years of trail (i.e start of 2025 to end of 2029)by that mk2 should be in production by the end of 2029 and about end of 2030 there should be squadron with 6 extra planes.

Where is the extra year coming from?
Please don't post nonsense here if you wish to be taken seriously.
Pls read the article business insider of acm
These are not my words these are words of acm himself

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
Pls read the article business insider of acm
These are not my words these are words of acm himself
The ACM also said Tejas Mk2 was supposed to rollout in 2018 inspite of the fact that revised design was showcased at Aero India 2019 and the design was accepted by the IAF only in November 2021.
He himself does not seem to know how much the Tejas Mk2 has changed over the years, anyway he is not going to be the ACM when the Tejas Mk2 is going into production, so his statements do not really matter.

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
This ACM talks like he is doing HAL a favour for looking into their fighters. Why doesnt he work more closely with HAL to iron out the issues, make more noise and get more funding to the program? Someone should ask him why the IAF took so long to place orders for Mk1A
He is hell-bent on MRFA, that should tell you his attitude towards ADA/HAL and indigenous fighter programs in general.

jai jaganath

Country flag
The ACM also said Tejas Mk2 was supposed to rollout in 2018 inspite of the fact that revised design was showcased at Aero India 2019 and the design was accepted by the IAF only in November 2021.
He himself does not seem to know how much the Tejas Mk2 has changed over the years, anyway he is not going to be the ACM when the Tejas Mk2 is going into production, so his statements do not really matter.
Sorry to disagree with u
Might be he is ignoring the fact of design change but 2018 was the date for previous design doesn't matter if design changes or something other has happened delay is delay according to him
He is sitting acm and he can't say anything in public whatever he says he knows it's official
So I don't think he is lying or wrongly informed
He knows the status and timeline way better

vishnugupt

Country flag
Is somebody have information about why private sector backed off from MWF project??

There is something very unusual happened for sure.

Truthsoldier

Country flag
How..?
4 years of trail (i.e start of 2025 to end of 2029)by that mk2 should be in production by the end of 2029 and about end of 2030 there should be squadron with 6 extra planes.

You know what MoD and MoF alone took 5 years for price negotiation and contract signing AFTER IAF approval for tejas mk1a in 2016 dec. So even if ADA meets all timelines we still wont be signing contract for Mk2 without bureaucratic delay of 2-3 yrs most optimistically speaking 😤

Vamsi

Country flag
How..?

Mk-2 production will start in 2027 itself, because 1st 2 prototypes are of IOC standard and they will get certified by 2027, FOC flight testing will continue untill 2029

Gandaberunda

Country flag
Why do these retards even announce dates and time lines. For what? Just tell us when the prototype is ready, don't make noise before that.
Every project has timelines deadlines and budget. Many projects miss deadlines and cost overruns even US struggled with Zumwalt class destroyers missing deadlines and cost overruns. After investing heavily they have to shelve zumwalt and built only 3 from 25 scheduled. So you will term US govt as retard for investing almost 20+ years and shelving the project?

Varzone

Tihar Jail
Banned
Every project has timelines deadlines and budget. Many projects miss deadlines and cost overruns even US struggled with Zumwalt class destroyers missing deadlines and cost overruns. After investing heavily they have to shelve zumwalt and built only 3 from 25 scheduled. So you will term US govt as retard for investing almost 20+ years and shelving the project?
Yes I will. US MIC has done many retarded things. You want india to follow in their footsteps?
No need to announce to public, keep it in your annual reports and AGMs.

Gandaberunda

Country flag
Yes I will. US MIC has done many retarded things. You want india to follow in their footsteps?
No need to announce to public, keep it in your annual reports and AGMs.
We aren’t china to keep it to themselves. This is democracy and every project is announced. Only some strategic defence top secret projects are not announced.

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
Is somebody have information about why private sector backed off from MWF project??

There is something very unusual happened for sure.

Private Industry are very much involved in this project. They are LRU suppliers. If you are thinking about Manufacturing partner, then GOI think that AMCA will be the candidate for first SPV manufacturing.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles