ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

Chinmoy

Country flag
oh so u mean ccs can release funds but hasnt given a clearence to build prototype?
Yes. Fund releasing and go ahead for prototype manufacturing are two different processes.

As a developer/manufacturer, I've to submit a DPR asking for fund to do a feasibility study. Based on feasibility study, I would have to submit report where I've to mention the current industrial capability along with prerequisites for manufacturing if there is any. These prerequisites might include land acquisition for new facility development or involvement of foreign OEM for development help or off the shelf product purchase.

Now we all know that Tejas Mk2 is not coming up with 100% indigenous product. So when foreign OEM is involved, MEA comes into play who is BTW part of CCS. Along with it Law ministry would also come in play if we go for GtoG deal or open tendering. Likewise if any any manufacturing unit is required, environmental clearance and state clearance is another hindrance and accordingly involved ministry would get involve.

Fund allocation is a simple process when you compare it with other processes. PM, who chair the CCS, would simply sign the go ahead letter. But before that other ministries, who is part of CCS, would have to break the logjam.

Hope you get the process involve.

flanker99

Country flag
Yes. Fund releasing and go ahead for prototype manufacturing are two different processes.

As a developer/manufacturer, I've to submit a DPR asking for fund to do a feasibility study. Based on feasibility study, I would have to submit report where I've to mention the current industrial capability along with prerequisites for manufacturing if there is any. These prerequisites might include land acquisition for new facility development or involvement of foreign OEM for development help or off the shelf product purchase.

Now we all know that Tejas Mk2 is not coming up with 100% indigenous product. So when foreign OEM is involved, MEA comes into play who is BTW part of CCS. Along with it Law ministry would also come in play if we go for GtoG deal or open tendering. Likewise if any any manufacturing unit is required, environmental clearance and state clearance is another hindrance and accordingly involved ministry would get involve.

Fund allocation is a simple process when you compare it with other processes. PM, who chair the CCS, would simply sign the go ahead letter. But before that other ministries, who is part of CCS, would have to break the logjam.

Hope you get the process involve.
If whatever u say is true which would even more fucked up than not releasing funds...then god help us ...

Chinmoy

Country flag
If whatever u say is true which would even more fucked up than not releasing funds...then god help us ...
If you don't do it, things would be more fucked up then what you could imagine. These process are indispensable for smooth functioning.

vishnugupt

Country flag
"Cash Crunch"

This is another hit job by unknown lobby about MWF

Sometime ago, maybe in some defence expo, ADA has said they have enough money for 2 prototype. ADA need fund to remaining 2 or 3 prototypes which are scheduled to assemble around 2025/26.

When someone say Unknown sources, means 99.99% news is fake. If it is true then what is stopping ADA to say it openly.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
No you are wrong, AMCA is not going to be super-Manouverable because AMCA MK-1 will be using GE-414 series engines as it's powerplant and GE-414 doesn't possess any kind of TVC Control (2 & 3 Axis) so no super Manouverability. I don't know about AMCA MK-2 though but I would say that even AMCA MK-2 won't be having any kind of TVC to it. And anyways TVC is not needed for a Stealth aircraft like AMCA.
Klimov 3d TVC nozzles are offered by Russia to us so AMCA will definitely get that, not sure if they will modify it for GE engine though.

For an Indian Engine for sure they will do...

TVC being not needed for AMCA isn't true either. It's not going to be a video game all around and dogfights will still happen may be not intense as before but still....

Last edited:

mokoman

Country flag
Any one know when roll out will happen . i think last date they gave was 2022 .

i am guessing it will be pushed to 2023.

vishnugupt

Country flag
Its other way round. Its babudom who is sustaining India till now. Otherwise our politicians would have turned it into another Pakistan.
My god. Most unfounded, Biased, incorrect statement ever.

Take a example. Railway efficiency increased manifold or Road construction has increased many fold due to Politician rather than Babu ji

Now give me a single example where Babu ji not involved in corruption with politician? Or they stopped any Corruption from happening.

I can believe if politician say he is not aware of corruption under him but same thing can't be said for Babu ji.... They are doing corruption day and night.

Even "101 ways" How to do corruption manual often offer to politician by Babu ji.

Javelin_Sam

Country flag
My god. Most unfounded, Biased, incorrect statement ever.

Take a example. Railway efficiency increased manifold or Road construction has increased many fold due to Politician rather than Babu ji

Now give me a single example where Babu ji not involved in corruption with politician? Or they stopped any Corruption from happening.

I can believe if politician say he is not aware of corruption under him but same thing can't be said for Babu ji.... They are doing corruption day and night.

Even "101 ways" How to do corruption manual often offer to politician by Babu ji.
Not every politician is a Gadkari, Goyal or Aswini Vaishnav(another babu). 9/10 examples of politicians from Mva thugs, Nitish to the commie pinarayi n thugs down south would have turned the nation upside down without the checks and balances. The thing with bureaucracy is that the things chug along accompanied by the eternal lag of bureaucracy. Not great. Not terrible.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Wow... That was definitely a different but pretty fair view...
First scam of independent India was Army Jeep purchase scam of 1948. Role of MoD babus? ZERO. Our HC in England bypassed each and every institution and signed the deal on his own with backing of PM.

Role of MoD babus in bofors scam? Next to none. RG had gone out of way and bypassed agencies in going forward with the deal.

Same with TATRA. Vectra and TATRA Sipox and not approached MoD babus, but BEML and end user to push their overpriced products.

MoD babus do create delay in procurements and no one could deny the fact. But you have to understand the fact too that why such delays do occur. Its not because the bureaucrats are lazy, but because of procedures that was layed before them. For example the recent 36000 Cr corvettes deal. What is the timeframe you believe it would take to deliver al the corvettes? Even if you start manufacturing them from today in two different yards, they are not coming before 2024. What if the government change in 2024 elections and the new government don't want to pursue with the project? And don't even think that its not possible. It has happened earlier. The role of the babus is to prevent such occurrence and to see that the projects gets completed anyhow.

So blaming babus all the time for each and everything under sun is not prudent. They work under the policy which has been layed down and in most cases policy do change with government. So whether we like or not, they are the balancing factor which we can't do without.

Hope @Blademaster too would agree with it. As for other essay writing intelligent people, logic is beyond their touch.

Blademaster

First scam of independent India was Army Jeep purchase scam of 1948. Role of MoD babus? ZERO. Our HC in England bypassed each and every institution and signed the deal on his own with backing of PM.

Role of MoD babus in bofors scam? Next to none. RG had gone out of way and bypassed agencies in going forward with the deal.

Same with TATRA. Vectra and TATRA Sipox and not approached MoD babus, but BEML and end user to push their overpriced products.

MoD babus do create delay in procurements and no one could deny the fact. But you have to understand the fact too that why such delays do occur. Its not because the bureaucrats are lazy, but because of procedures that was layed before them. For example the recent 36000 Cr corvettes deal. What is the timeframe you believe it would take to deliver al the corvettes? Even if you start manufacturing them from today in two different yards, they are not coming before 2024. What if the government change in 2024 elections and the new government don't want to pursue with the project? And don't even think that its not possible. It has happened earlier. The role of the babus is to prevent such occurrence and to see that the projects gets completed anyhow.

So blaming babus all the time for each and everything under sun is not prudent. They work under the policy which has been layed down and in most cases policy do change with government. So whether we like or not, they are the balancing factor which we can't do without.

Hope @Blademaster too would agree with it. As for other essay writing intelligent people, logic is beyond their touch.
I understand where you are coming from but the reality is that now MoD is just one big Byzantine bureaucratic mess. Bureaucracy is necessary and in fact helpful but only when it is streamlined and periodically updated and reformed to avoid any unnecessary bottlenecks. In western countries, they figured out to minimized the negative effects of bureaucracy by requiring shedding a minimum 10% of the workforce across all board every 10 years to cleanse out any building up of excess bureaucrats and avoid entrenching long term bureaucrats. They also require that all bureaucrats do a top to bottom review of all work processes every 10-15 years to ensure that they are up to date and etc. I don't see that happening anywhere in India let alone in MoD. Perhaps WarrenSS can shed some light on this.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles