ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
AMCA induction in 2035?? Is this mk2 version??
Wasn't AMCA mk1 supposed to be fielded by 2030?
ORCA concept is being pushed to IAF by HAL from this early stage itself and can be considered doable. Producing TEDBF only for a limited number for Navy doesn't makes sense, I guess ORCA is inevitable given that we will eventually require 60 squadrons in future given the fact about ever fast increasing capability of our 2 (un)friendly nations especially china. Heck even a case for low observable Tejas mk3 makes sense if we want to reach 60 sqns fighter strength quickly.
How so? It requires 40+ MiG-29K for a single aircraft carrier of the Indian Navy (20+ on carrier and 20+ on ground base) and considering IAC-II’s existence, Navy might easily want atleast 120-140 TEDBFs excluding trainers for all 3 carriers once the Fulcrums retire.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
How so? It requires 40+ MiG-29K for a single aircraft carrier of the Indian Navy (20+ on carrier and 20+ on ground base) and considering IAC-II’s existence, Navy might easily want atleast 120-140 TEDBFs excluding trainers for all 3 carriers once the Fulcrums retire.
I mean if HAL CMD is asking for ORCA, there must be a good reason,right?? IAF goes with it or not is another matter though.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
I mean if HAL CMD is asking for ORCA, there must be a good reason,right?? IAF goes with it or not is another matter though.
HAL is not a deshbhakt sarkari organisation, it’s a company afterall that runs after profits. I hope you understand.

Whitecollar

Country flag
Ofcourse ORCA will be much better option and safer than MK2 specifically in the power and thrust dept. I had a discussion over some idrw thread as to how MK2 should be ditched overall and a single ORCA/TEDBF to be pursued with all might(aggressive deadlines). This would serve both IAF and IN...plus most of the spare components would be common. Being frontal stealth in design and 4++ gen tech, it would remain significant for 30+ years even.

But as of now, we have gone way too far with MK2 to think about other possibilities...

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag

With Certainty, LCA MK 2 Aircraft Is Slated To Enter Production By 2027 And AMCA By 2035--HAL CMD R. Madhavan
2035 AMCA will enter production is what should’ve bothered you Kuffar :angry:
AMCA induction in 2035?? Is this mk2 version??
Wasn't AMCA mk1 supposed to be fielded by 2030?
Bloody journos. Asking him a loaded question and then misconstruing his statement. He clearly said that AMCA being an ADA project, he can't really put a timeline on it. Here is what he said:-
As far as Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA) is concerned, the pre- design phase has been completed and they are now going to publish all those accessories. After that, they probably expect to be certified somewhere around 2030-2032. That of course, is a DRDO project, so we will not be able to give the exact time.
But the journo quoted him out of context. He says 2020-32, not 2035.

So no heavy combat helicopter. 😔
Later, he says this:-
The next one is the 10-12 category which is the Mi-17 replacement that is the MIRH that we are going to start. And beyond that 20 tonnes or 24 tonnes. The numbers are so small and the development cost is quite huge. So as of now it stands like this. Then like what we did with LAH, to convert into LCH, the the same. That is something in the future. We have not come to that stage. Initially we are going to do the Mi-17 replacement market.
So he just says he hasn't taken a decision on it yet. Not that its completely off the table.
Plus, did you see the second line: "20-24 tons helicopter"! Remember Navy also asked for "heavy" helicopter landing spots on its LHDs in the new RFI.

Look at the third screen
I don't see it. What is it? The wingman drone?

Kalkioftoday

Country flag
Bloody journos. Asking him a loaded question and then misconstruing his statement. He clearly said that AMCA being an ADA project, he can't really put a timeline on it. Here is what he said:-

But the journo quoted him out of context. He says 2020-32, not 2035.

Later, he says this:-

So he just says he hasn't taken a decision on it yet. Not that its completely off the table.
Plus, did you see the second line: "20-24 tons helicopter"! Remember Navy also asked for "heavy" helicopter landing spots on its LHDs in the new RFI.

I don't see it. What is it? The wingman drone?
In the third screen you can clearly see there is something called real time threat bubbles. I don't know if we have this capability but this is what i call bukkake of self awarness. It's pinnacle of net centric warfare. For something like this we need everything interconnected, from space, land and airborne SIGINT, ELINT, COMINT, IMINT platforms with very high speed satellite transmission as well as high speed data link transmission with ground based as well as other airborne assets in the sky. SAM chicha is the only one whom i think of has infrastructure for something like this.

IMG_20211130_132340.jpg

Spitfire9

Country flag
I see no MRFA thread so I'll post about it here since I guess it will affect Mk2 more than Mk1 or AMCA.

It appears that SAAB has put in a preemptive bid for MRFA involving helping on the Mk2 and AMCA programmes.

Would it be a good idea to accept this offer? I think it might. India has failed to manage the Tejas and Kaveri programmes. There appears to be no interest in changing 'the system' for the better in India. Bringing a foreign player in to get things done seems a good idea to me.

Apart from actually getting aircraft produced to start providing the IAF with fighters to bolster the defence of India, SAAB may be able to make a valuable contribution to solving AMCA development problems. SAAB's production expertise would definitely benefit Mk2 and AMCA production as well IMO.

Says in the video that SAAB can supply Gripen E at around half the cost of Rafale.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles