ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

WARREN SS

Country flag
If MMRCA.2 happens, roughly how many Mk2 would be ordered? I wonder how much the price would increase if 80 Mk2 were ordered rather than 150+.

Was the declaration that India aims to become a major exporter of arms just hot air? Of Mk1A, Mk2 and AMCA, I see Mk2 as holding the greatest promise in the export market. Reducing the IAF production run would increase its cost, reduce its export prospects and so undermine the declared aim of GOI.
First aim is
To stand chance against combined might of PAF and PLAAF in current Ongoing development on
LOC and LAC

Rest all objectives comes later after that

WARREN SS

Country flag
The defence exfarts have spoken. 😢

Click bait

Invest that money on Engine development
For Amca
We need 7-8 billion $ for engine development

If we want complete self reliability
On West or Russian

Spitfire9

Country flag
Invest that money on Engine development
For Amca
We need 7-8 billion $ for engine development

If we want complete self reliability
On West or Russian
Do you mean save money by scrapping Mk2?

I would suggest keeping Mk2, ordering another 2 squadrons of Mk1A (cost $2 billion) to take pressure off Mk2 and Mk2 sub-systems development timeline and investing in an engine with India having control of IP, production and sales thereof. HAL are building another plant, aren't they?

A program to procure 114 foreign fighters including some foreign built aircraft would cost, I guess, at least $15 billion.

A program to build 114 Mk2 would cost around $10 billion, I guess + remaining dev costs.

If costs were as follows:

$2 billion for 40 Mk1A
$11 billion for 114 Mk2
$8 billion engine development cost

India would get 154 fighters + an engine with sovereignty over the engine for $6 billion more than just getting 114 foreign-designed fighters.

Kalkioftoday

Country flag
Can anyone here who have some deep knowledge about radars tell me what'll be the bandwidth of Uttam Mk2 radar for upcoming Tejas Mk2??? Jf17 block 3's radar will have a bandwidth of 3 GHz which is higher than our Uttam mk1??

screenshot-pbs.twimg.com-2018.11.21-00-05-02.png

gutenmorgen

Country flag
Can anyone here who have some deep knowledge about radars tell me what'll be the bandwidth of Uttam Mk2 radar for upcoming Tejas Mk2??? Jf17 block 3's radar will have a bandwidth of 3 GHz which is higher than our Uttam mk1??

View attachment 116722
AFAIK, Uttam Mk1 doesn't use TSA so the operating bandwidth will be similar, between 1-3GHz..Uttam Mk2 which will use TSA, should have bandwidths range higher than 5Ghz.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
AFAIK, Uttam Mk1 doesn't use TSA so the operating bandwidth will be similar, between 1-3GHz..Uttam Mk2 which will use TSA, should have bandwidths range higher than 5Ghz.
Is Uttam Mk-2 that big a redesign that it would have vivaldi? Wouldn't that need more testing?

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Is Uttam Mk-2 that big a redesign that it would have vivaldi? Wouldn't that need more testing?
Compare the Mk1 & Mark2 shapes... You'll see the latter is tall & slim, with the guimbal-limit is supposed to be 90 degrees on both side. It can literally turn side-ways while notching :3

No wonder they ditched Mark1

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
Compare the Mk1 & Mark2 shapes... You'll see the latter is tall & slim, with the guimbal-limit is supposed to be 90 degrees on both side. It can literally turn side-ways while notching :3

Will Uttam Mk2 be fitted on later batches of Tejas Mk1A? Or is it only for Tejas Mk2?
Also, does ELTA 2052 have vivaldi?

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
What is Uttam Mk1?? Remove a few TRM from mK2 it will become mk1.
This:-

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
MK1 was a prototype. MK2 is the production version. Tejas 21 MK1a will sport Uttam mk2 which will arrive around 2026. there could be minor changes but their no logic in putting Uttam mk1 in Tejas mk1a
I was just wondering if we've ever heard any official statement regarding the same.

vishnugupt

Country flag
I was just wondering if we've ever heard any official statement regarding the same.
Well, we also haven't heard the L1 bidder for Uttam Mk1 which must be ADA priority for now if it is going into Tejas mk1A but Uttam mk2 is on verge of mass production by Astra microwave/BHEL. Uttam is a scalable Radar so Tejas mk1a, Tejas mk2, and Su-30mki will have the same Radar with different numbers of TRM.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles