ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

SavageKing456

Country flag
Any info about that part
"Total of four prototype aircrafts are planned for the flight test program. However, these 4 aircrafts will be production standard aircrafts, unlike LCA MK1 which saw the evolution through technology demonstrator, prototype vehicle and limited series production stages before serial production was taken up. This an indication of the increased maturity in the team vis-à-vis design and manufacturing capability as well as project management. In other words, the production of MWF will continue in the background as the flight test program is put through its paces"

Spitfire9

Country flag
Fake news factory~idrw.
Not so long ago,they said with unknown sources that tejas mk2 delayed rollout till 2023
It would be surprising if the MWF programme schedule wasn't affected adversely by the virus, wouldn't it?

I see that around 10 years ago it was agreed that F414 engines would be assembled in India.

Any progress on that 10 years later?

Regarding the new Russian single-engined fighter, how could that affect commitment to MWF if it will enter production many years after MWF?

SavageKing456

Country flag
It would be surprising if the MWF programme schedule wasn't affected adversely by the virus, wouldn't it?

I see that around 10 years ago it was agreed that F414 engines would be assembled in India.

Any progress on that 10 years later?

Regarding the new Russian single-engined fighter, how could that affect commitment to MWF if it will enter production many years after MWF?
HAL had given the timeline considering the covid 19

Spitfire9

Country flag
HAL had given the timeline considering the covid 19
OK, thanks. I think though that the disruptive influence of COVID-19 is what the recently deceased ex-US defence secretary Donald Rumsfeld would have described as a 'known unknown', undermining forecasts.

PS but HAL could roll out an incomplete MWF for Independence Day, couldn't they?

Last edited:

MirageBlue

Country flag
OK, thanks. I think though that the disruptive influence of COVID-19 is what the recently deceased ex-US defence secretary Donald Rumsfeld would have described as a 'known unknown', undermining forecasts.

PS but HAL could roll out an incomplete MWF for Independence Day, couldn't they?
Rolling out a prototype is definitely feasible within that time frame..making it undergo taxi trials is quite another thing, which would require almost all systems to be integrated and ground tested on board the prototype.

So I would think that the August 2022 roll-out is doable and likely. The first flight itself may however see some more delays due to Covid affecting HAL as well as it's suppliers. The effect of Covid is now much reduced after the second wave abated, but there is a 3rd wave looming, given the irresponsible behaviour of people that we can see on the streets of India already.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles