ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

Whitecollar

Country flag
Still doesn't explain why it is being delayed till 2023. I mean lockdown was only there for 2 months hardly. Most of the equipments being delivered by MSMEs involve the structural frames and other such parts(that can be produced in mass quantities). On top of that, we are making just 1 model, not 36 of them at once.
Why do I believe that most of the delays that got added to this target was from HAL management themselves??

onlinpunit

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Reposting this:

MWF needs to be marketed well and it can be the flag bearer of our defence industry.
It needs to be manufactured first !Then we can market it. !

Spitfire9

Country flag
GOI should tell IAF that another squadron of Mk1A is being ordered to take up any slack due to MWF delay. Immediately so that suppliers have good notice of an extension to production.
Make it 103 instead of 83. Cheap and easy way to better cover withdrawal of MiG-21's.

MonaLazy

GOI should tell IAF that another squadron of Mk1A is being ordered to take up any slack due to MWF delay. Immediately so that suppliers have good notice of an extension to production.
Make it 103 instead of 83. Cheap and easy way to better cover withdrawal of MiG-21's.
That makes so much sense that I can say with absolute certainty- IAF will reject it. :playball:

Killbot

Country flag
This makes no sense that due to barely 1 month lockdown(which was discrete)
Timeline would change that much.
And IDRW does speculate much,so status quo remains same that is august 2022 rollout.
You may be right. And again, who knows what is going on in ADA or HAL? Come August, we'll know. Just be patient brother.

A project with a supply chain as big as MWF.. It is very likely to hit snags. Or not.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles