ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

Spitfire9

Country flag
This is mk2 version of uttam most probably. Mk1a can't possibly support 1000 trm aesa with limited power of gef404.

Mk1a is rumoured to have 700 trm aesa. While mk2 will have 1000 trm aesa.
That raises a question where I don't have clue what the answer is: what percentage of F404 dry thrust would be used to generate the electrical power to run and cool, say, a 1000 trm AESA system?

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
That raises a question where I don't have clue what the answer is: what percentage of F404 dry thrust would be used to generate the electrical power to run and cool, say, a 1000 trm AESA system?
Thrust and electricity generation are not related Directly as you are talking , it's generator driven by shaft , it's engine rpm which is a necessary factor , and yeah thrust too ,but higher electric power don't mean lower thrust

IndianHawk

Country flag
I don't know either. Optimally an engine is supposed to generate enough thrust to fly the jet at maximum possible speeds while keeping all the electronic on the plane running including cooling requirements.

All this is balanced through algorithms so as to insure optimal performance. This is the reason radar size is rather limited is smaller jets because otherwise cooling requirements are too high.

This is why jf17 can only afford a air cooled aesa which is not adequate at all and is a compromising solutions because single rd33 can't provide enough thrust reliabily.

Tejas is far better even in mk1a form as it can still handle proper aesa although with moderate trm modules.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
You mean to say we have a MK2 version of Uttam as well ! When was Mk1 version of Uttam released ?
Sleepy yet ,what was all this uttam hype for so long ,just search uttam in dfi search bar ,

onlinpunit

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Sleepy yet ,what was all this uttam hype for so long ,just search uttam in dfi search bar ,
I have seen it all. But conventional wisdom says that version MK2 can come only after MK1.
So where exactly is Uttam MK1 ?
Is it in use in any form on any jet ?

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Well they own government I mean they are govt owned so they can do anything they want..
Good luck to them.
Uttam mk1 was first ever model produced ,but it had some short comings , we are naming it mk2 , no extra money is spent on it ,so going by your logic if prototype and production model differ in shape and name ,then it's wastage of money and furst iteration should have been integrated , drdo isn't your random psu , what our indigenous platform are only and only their hardwork

onlinpunit

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Uttam mk1 was first ever model produced ,but it had some short comings , we are naming it mk2 , no extra money is spent on it ,so going by your logic if prototype and production model differ in shape and name ,then it's wastage of money and furst iteration should have been integrated , drdo isn't your random psu , what our indigenous platform are only and only their hardwork
My concern was only about naming and not the quality of work..

Flying Dagger

Country flag
I have seen it all. But conventional wisdom says that version MK2 can come only after MK1.
So where exactly is Uttam MK1 ?
Is it in use in any form on any jet ?
Well they don't stop the work once Uttam meant for mk1/1a is undergoing trials. Different modes are being tested and software upgrades are happening alongside.

For mk2 they are increasing trm packing Rest everything is same and will benefit from the trials ongoing.

This is conventional progress.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
I don't know either. Optimally an engine is supposed to generate enough thrust to fly the jet at maximum possible speeds while keeping all the electronic on the plane running including cooling requirements.

All this is balanced through algorithms so as to insure optimal performance. This is the reason radar size is rather limited is smaller jets because otherwise cooling requirements are too high.

This is why jf17 can only afford a air cooled aesa which is not adequate at all and is a compromising solutions because single rd33 can't provide enough thrust reliabily.

Tejas is far better even in mk1a form as it can still handle proper aesa although with moderate trm modules.
JF 17 issue was they couldn't afford the money to pay for Italian radar and integration cost involved.

Also they don't use rd33 engine but rd 93 (which is the older unreliable smoky version) though another uprated version is also available if money is put into it but due to Indian pressure perhaps russia ain't offering them so.

In future they may get it what they need is money.

Starlight

Country flag
After TEDBF should we assume the Air Force
will then too go with a two engine configuration and have their own version and if so, what would the AESA T R M module numbers rise up to and what will be too much for GaN based AESA in module numbers as we reach the peak of flight and engine?

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
After TEDBF should we assume the Air Force
will then too go two engines and if so, what would the AESA T R M module numbers rise up to and what will be too much for GaN based AESA in module numbers as we reach the peak of flight and engine parameters?
Tedbf is the most optimal Design after ut it would be new generation , fa xx type , radar would be photonic , propulsion may get to see some breakthrough , electric propulsion and all

Global Defence

New threads

Articles