ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

onlinpunit

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Dude you have literally being acting like a black pilled person , like nobody is doing anything , they already have started process before time
Me being a black pilled has no relevance. However proof of the pudding is in the eating.
Let's see what comes of HAL next year..
Meanwhile do post pics of MK2 under construction ! πŸ˜‚

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Is there any pic of MK2 construction activities. ?
Really , you are asking.for some pr from the people who still use lowest of lowest quality camera for their test launch and all , it is the unofficial photos being clicked with permission ,you see here

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
But wing area has not changed from the old specification when MTOW was 13500 kg.
IMG_20210515_080256.jpg

1. It probably has (because while comperatively analysing I found out it's not the same wings with wingtip pylons, but slightly elongated to fit its greater wingspan. Plus the canards also generate lift at level flight & have to be included).

2. It was already very large then. Hell, it's already huge in LCA... that's why it can lift nearly 14.5t

3. Aerodynamic refinements on MWF vis-a-vis LCA Mk2. The lift to drag radio has significantly improved.

Last edited:

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Tejas is slowly getting transformed into a highly Lethal tiny platform which can give nightm to our enemies. Nothing in the our neighbourhood can match its capabilities. Recent data of 14240 of kg MTOW is highly impressive. Python 2 is fired. Uttam has shown promising results. OBOGS is integrated. Latest softwares are installed. Now, if the weight is reduced and aerodynamic changes are done as planned, it will be the most lethal platform available anywhere. It is nothing but a mini wonder.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
View attachment 89834
1. It probably has (because while comperatively analysing I found out it's not the same wings with wingtip pylons, but slightly elongated to fit its greater wingspan. Plus the canards also generate lift at level flight & have to be included).

2. It was already very large then. Hell, it's already huge in LCA... that's why it can lift nearly 14.5t

3. Aerodynamic refinements on MWF vis-a-vis LCA Mk2. The lift to drag radio has significantly improved.
I fully agree eith you that it is because of wings it can take a huge payload. I just ask that MTOW was 13500 kg with same wings. Now it is 14240 kg with it. What made it happen?

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
I just ask that MTOW was 13500 kg with same wings. Now it is 14240 kg with it. What made it happen?
Oh you mean on LCA, not MWF (for that above points 1 & 3 are the reason)?..

In that case, the MTOW is just a certified number. They are testing higher & higher (possibly reinforced the wings, in case that's the reason for increased empty weight)... Right now the max payload is certified to be 3.9ton but they've tested upto 4.3tons. I hear they're trying to tests 4.5ton & in which case the operationally permitted MTOW will become 4.2ton (est.)

HariPrasad-1

Country flag

In that case, the MTOW is just a certified number... They are testing higher & higher (possibly reinforced the wings, in case that's the reason for increased empty weight). Now the max payload is certified to be 3.9ton but they've tested upto 4.3tons. I hear they're trying to tests 4.5ton & in that case the operationally permitted MTOW will become 4.2ton (est.)
Yes, I think that should be the reason. I think very soon we shall hear about range improvement, speed imlrovement etc. Work on inlet is required. If weight is reduced, aerodynamics are fixed as planned, Tejas can be a lethal weapon unmatched by anything except Gripen.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
I fully agree eith you that it is because of wings it can take a huge payload. I just ask that MTOW was 13500 kg with same wings. Now it is 14240 kg with it. What made it happen?
Low wing loading should give higher operating ceiling as well. We can hear about maximum ceiling improvement to 18000 (about 60000 ft) meter from current 50000 ft.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag

In that case, the MTOW is just a certified number. They are testing higher & higher (possibly reinforced the wings, in case that's the reason for increased empty weight)... Right now the max payload is certified to be 3.9ton but they've tested upto 4.3tons. I hear they're trying to tests 4.5ton & in which case the operationally permitted MTOW will become 4.2ton (est.)
It will match Gripen C/D in payload. It will be near Gripen in range but it will not be able to supercruise because of aerodynamic issues and inlet design issues. Both are planned to be addressed in Mk1A to a large extent. I am looking forward to a weight reduction of atleast 500 kg in Mk1A.

abingdonboy

Country flag
This tender came at the nick of time!.. Based on 950-TRMs assumption I was collecting reference materials to model MWF's Uttam radar & had narrowed it down to these two... shape looks totally different. πŸ˜…View attachment 89832View attachment 89833
Still unclear as to whether this upgraded UTTAM will be on MK.2 or if it will be the mk.2 version of Uttam with GaN. Uttam Mk.2 might be for LCA MK1A

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles