ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Body is nearly 100% perfect... That's why the older MWF-model was discarded & recreated from scratch.
ADA has progressed a lot in simulation and wind tunnel testing. So no doubt it will be a very beautifully designed plane. Its MTOW is mind boggling looking to the engine it uses. Even SAAB Gripen has one ton lesser payload than MWF with same engine. I initially thought that they might have planned GE 414 EPE looking to its MTOW. Let us wait and see what comes out to be.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
ADA has progressed a lot in simulation and wind tunnel testing. So no doubt it will be a very beautifully designed plane. Its MTOW is mind boggling looking to the engine it uses. Even SAAB Gripen has one ton lesser payload than MWF with same engine. I initially thought that they might have planned GE 414 EPE looking to its MTOW. Let us wait and see what comes out to be.
Greater MTOW is because of its wing area.. which is significantly larger than Gripen.

But I was talking about our model's accuracy.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Greater MTOW is because of its wing area.. which is significantly larger than Gripen.

But I was talking about our model's accuracy.
If current wing can be used in MWF with same dimension, it proves that Tejas Mk1 has bigger wings than required (Perhaps). I think big wings of Tejas Mk1 is an aerodynamic paneity which perhaps ADA knows now but do not want to rectify the issue.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
If current wing can be used in MWF with same dimension, it proves that Tejas Mk1 has bigger wings than required (Perhaps). I think big wings of Tejas Mk1 is an aerodynamic paneity which perhaps ADA knows now but do not want to rectify the issue.
The reason may be short fuselage which can not provide required lift. In case of Mig 29, 40 Pc lift comes from Fuselage which may not be the case with Tejas because of short fuselage (purely my assumption which can be wrong).

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Body is nearly 100% perfect... That's why the older MWF-model was discarded & recreated from scratch.
Older version was not MWF. It was Upgraded Tejas. Only the last design out of 3 evolved design was called MWF.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Hi Guys,

THERE IS A BIG NEWS.

SPECIFICATION OF TEJAS IS CHANGED AS PER SOME POST ON BR.

MTOW OF TEJAS IS CHANGED TO 14240 KG AND EMPTY WEIGHT CHANGED TO 7040 KG . THE INCREASE IN EMPTY WEIGHT HAS COME FROM GUN WEIGHT AND ROUND WEIGHT AND POSSIBLY FROM OBOGS. TAKE OFF WEIGHT INCREASED TO 10330 KG. PAYLOAD WEIGHT INCREASED TO 3920 KG.

THEY SAY THAT THESE ARE NEW UPDATED FROM ADA BUT I COULD NOT FIND IT. PLEASE CHECK AND POST HERE IF YOU GET THE INFORMATION.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Hi Guys,

THERE IS A BIG NEWS.

SPECIFICATION OF TEJAS IS CHANGED AS PER SOME POST ON BR.

MTOW OF TEJAS IS CHANGED TO 14240 KG AND EMPTY WEIGHT CHANGED TO 7040 KG . THE INCREASE IN EMPTY WEIGHT HAS COME FROM GUN WEIGHT AND ROUND WEIGHT AND POSSIBLY FROM OBOGS. TAKE OFF WEIGHT INCREASED TO 10330 KG. PAYLOAD WEIGHT INCREASED TO 3920 KG.

THEY SAY THAT THESE ARE NEW UPDATED FROM ADA BUT I COULD NOT FIND IT. PLEASE CHECK AND POST HERE IF YOU GET THE INFORMATION.
Follow the Tejas thread, man.. It's not news to us. I posted it months before BRF did.
The info source was this ADA brochure;

Attachments

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
For SWiFT,it has already taken it's first flight according to him using NPO Saturn engine.
More SWiFTs are planned and for ghatak kaveri parts are sending and it may see it's first flight soon.
DRDO/ADE is tight lipped about the info,hence very little to gather.
And the flight happened this year only few months back.
Regarding where the flight test happen,he said he can't exactly say but maybe via a runway in oddisha operated by DRDO/ADE.

But according to me
It's flight happened in it chitradurga Aeronautical test range.
In April you would've heard the news that chitradurga's runway has been extended by DRDO to 3.3km,probably for this test only?
And would've done earlier,as open-source based sattelites takes time to provide latest data/imagery View attachment 89782View attachment 89783View attachment 89784
@SavageKing456 turning to tech osint , nice nice .

I too suspected it to take flight by now

Global Defence

New threads

Articles