ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

MirageBlue

Country flag
The Tejas Mk2 MWF Project Director, Dr Madhusudhana Rao confirmed this in his interview with DelhiDefenceReview on YT.

Interview with Tejas Mk2 MWF Project Director
They want the final production representative IRST to be on the port side (pilot's left hand side). That is to avoid any interference from the probe coming into the FoV of the IRST.

But, since IRDE is currently working on the IRST (which will eventually replace the Su-30MKI's IRST as well), they are going with an Off the Shelf IRST for the first couple of Mk2 prototypes. And that is only available to be fitted on the right side (starboard side).

I guessed it would be the Selex Skyward G since it is fitted on the Gripen E on the right hand side only and I had read a blurb somewhere about Selex offering the Skyward G for the Tejas Mk2.

Another point for you guys to keep in mind- the probe is to be fixed only for the first 1-2 Tejas Mk2 MWF prototypes..a retractable probe is in design but again, to keep to the initial timelines for rollout of the Mk2 prototype, they're going with the fixed probe for now.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Dude they are bumping up the TET. Its going to have a new core with new materials. The biggest technological leap in EPE is replacement of Nickel Superalloys with Ceramic Matrix Composite blades. This is as massive a leap as the leap from Stainless Steel blades to Nickel Superalloy blades in mid-20th century.
Do we have that ceramic mattix composite

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Yeah I read someone say that on BRF too. How is that known?

Why won't the IRDE IRST remain in the same position?.. Why does it need to move back, due to change in the model?
Due to probe being retractable in later model when irde irst arrive , in earlier model it would be fixed alongwith irst

Flying Dagger

Country flag
But how would you bump the thrust up by a whole 10% without changing the core?
It could be 18% around increase not just 10% . 114-116kn

That's what engineers do they will be putting money on design material etc to get that and realise full potential of the engine.

The potential of m88 engine of Rafale is also more and can be increased further that's what Safran will do. It's not realised fully initially due to requirement wasn't there , and cost metallurgy etc required to achieve it plays an important role.

Go through their brochures and see what they are offering .

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Opinion.

120-130 KN. 98KN + 20% improvement = 117KN.

Upgraded core with new Fan and some more improvements. Can't see that happening. Its still unproven platform. Tag any engine expert in forum. He can give better insights. I m not one and can't claim to be same.
Engine expert ? 🙂

It is unproven? but a next gen engine which isn't on paper properly right now was proven for you ?

Good day

Ghost hale

Country flag

flanker99

Country flag
I am ready to give it an extra year. But I have my doubts..
They are under pressure to perform by cmo. Modi wants something big before or by 75th independence day unveiling tejas mk2 is just the right thing .

Ar.gaurav28

Country flag
They are under pressure to perform by cmo. Modi wants something big before or by 75th independence day unveiling tejas mk2 is just the right thing .
15Aug2022 deadline do looks tough considering circumstances and where there is a talk about a 3rd wave of COVID pretty likely!😥

Spitfire9

Country flag
Sorry to have heard of the large number of COVID-19 cases in India. I hope that people receive government financial support if they stay away from work due to illness or being in contact with infected people which slows the spread down (from what it would be otherwise). At least India is a big vaccine producer so has access to vaccines.

I guess all projects will be slowed down for the next few months. Unlike quite a lot of office work that can sometimes be done from home you can't take parts of an aircraft home and carry assembly out there, can you?

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Anyone who have read or understand more than me as @Okabe Rintarou gave some new info. I don't mind getting info from others.

Who said that its proven? But when both seems to be unproven then I will go for indigenous one.
Now you are just dragging it for the sake of it as their is nothing but silliness in your argument.

The latter doesn't exist not even on paper properly yet. 🙂

The GE F 414 does. They didn't just threw 114-116 kn thrust out of nowhere but have done years of work to do that.

You can fly paper plane if you wish just don't tell me again.

Ghost hale

Country flag
Now you are just dragging it for the sake of it as their is nothing but silliness in your argument.

The latter doesn't exist not even on paper properly yet. 🙂

The GE F 414 does. They didn't just threw 114-116 kn thrust out of nowhere but have done years of work to do that.

You can fly paper plane if you wish just don't tell me again.
Are u insane. Just blabbering for so long. No use of discussing with u. F 414 EPE also dont exist so keep ur mouth shut and don't linger on.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles