ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

MirageBlue

Country flag
Yeah but,Saab gripen had a lot of support from LM whereas we had to do it on our own. Mk2 looks promising & the new design of TEDBF shows we are exalting in this department now!
Just our bureaucracy needs improvement asap!
Saab Gripen had no support from Lockheed Martin..you've got it all mixed up..KAI had a lot of support from LM for it's T-50 LIFT.

Saab OTOH had plenty of experience in designing fast jets, since the 1950s and didn't need support in the design aspects. But they took the help of various companies including BAe for structures, Rockwell Collins for avionics, Lear Siegler for the FBW FCS, etc. But not from Lockheed Martin.

OnePunchMan

Country flag
Sukhoi is a dated plane now. Any Good medium weight modern plane be better than Sukhois.
well they are due for a mid life upgrade , they can be significantly upgraded in due time they still form the backbone of our airforce and are here to stay for long time.

considering we are still flying MIG freaking 21 and even jags sukhois are long long way from retirement

Last edited:

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
It's just a joke ... I am sorry ...mah serious troll karna nahin chahta tha..
Biradar , before trolling do remember that, every mig 21 crashed took away a human and affected many other lives in different ways possible.
Due to these incompetent governments
Mig 21 is still flying and not replaced by tejas .
Don't wish death upon those who fly these machines even if you were just "trolling " .

Gessler

Country flag
What If we upgrade our sukoi like f15ex???
F-15EX is not an 'upgrade' its a completely new-build plane. The internal components are very different from that of any serving F-15C.

Our plans on the other hand call for upgrading of existing airframes considering they're not that old. As such we cannot conduct any such deep changes (like composite airframe) that was included in F-15EX program.

But once these upgrades go through our MKIs will be comparable in performance to the AESA-equipped F-15Cs.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
I'd

If everything goes as amrika plans , we will buy those f 15 ex .
I hope it never happens
We're already knee deep in the American camp
Due to which Russians are displeasured
Americans are displeasured due to s400
We need to show some serious balls

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
C.O.S.T.

Both for price, maintenance & operational.
Think like this smaller , so less costly than a missile , more accurate than a gun, could save a missile in ccm category as no nned for range like 30 km just some 15 km is okay ,with usability for 10 km ,

Ar.gaurav28

Country flag
Saab Gripen had no support from Lockheed Martin..you've got it all mixed up..KAI had a lot of support from LM for it's T-50 LIFT.

Saab OTOH had plenty of experience in designing fast jets, since the 1950s and didn't need support in the design aspects. But they took the help of various companies including BAe for structures, Rockwell Collins for avionics, Lear Siegler for the FBW FCS, etc. But not from Lockheed Martin.
Yeah... I meant bae system only my mistake!!
coz before gripen... all their developed planes looks ugly to me!!(even the names)
&
even though I like Tejas mk2 but I find Gripen E/F design wise, pretty modular design and even the quality of fit & finishes is top class unlike russians!
lets see what tejas mk2 can deliver!!

Ar.gaurav28

Country flag
I think 6 or 7 sukhois falken till date after its induction
in late ninties. This is one per 3 years for a fleet of over 200 aircraft. This is a responsible figure.
Agreed!!
But MOD should make sure to replace the ageing fleet few years prior, rather than just upgrading as they are doing with super sukhoi.

Germany is retiring it’s trench-1 eurofighter typhoon fleet & adding more updated eurofighter typhoon same with US ordering new f15ex but retiring old airframes!

dont actually know the cost it will take to upgrade a fleet of 272 fighters...
better purchase su57 to replace su30mki when the time comes as it wouldn’t require any maintenance compared to an old airframe, a 1up gen fighter(sort-off) & even after the upgrades the money will be waste as still you will have to retire them Eventually!

New one will have a life span of 30-40yrs max so actually money saved!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles