ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
If you want to restrict this thread to the indians only, write it !
Facts are that Tejas gestation was long, not fully efficient, and fails in some areas.
Sorry if the truth hurt you, young noob.
Tejas took a lot of time than expected and is intended to replace MiG-21s. It were never intended for becoming backbone, the real deal is MK1A and MK2 and the AMCA. Hence Tejas may have some limitations but it still is an excellent platform for replacing the old MiG-21s.

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
Facts are that Tejas gestation was long, not fully efficient, and fails in some areas.
Tejas gestation period was long because of creation and establishment of the technologies from scratch,mk2 is a technical jump from Tejas mk1,and the key technologies for it won't be developed from the scratch ...

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Tejas gestation period was long because of creation and establishment of the technologies from scratch,mk2 is a technical jump from Tejas mk1,and the key technologies for it won't be developed from the scratch ...
I think Tejas was born with two weakness :
- A too small fighter (the smaller it is, the harder to study and fine tune it is)
- a too strong link between the fighter and the indigene engine Kaveri.
Two errors scratched with mk2 !

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
I think Tejas was born with two weakness :
- A too small fighter (the smaller it is, the harder to study and fine tune it is)
- a too strong link between the fighter and the indigene engine Kaveri.
Two errors scratched with mk2 !
The weakness and the strength lied in the ASQR stated by the indian air force back then. Mk2 carries the same aerodynamics as that of mk1,it hasn't been designed from the scratch but an extension of the original mk1 design...

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
The weakness and the strength lied in the ASQR stated by the indian air force back then. Mk2 carries the same aerodynamics as that of mk1,it hasn't been designed from the scratch but an extension of the original mk1 design...
It will help. But don't forget the SH18 design : just a 25% bigger frame than FA18, but with some surprise during the air tests (and some never solved issues. The anormaly out cantered external stores is one clue)

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
Answers are already given to you why Tejas took so long? so, there itself is your answer.
Regarding me being young, well what I can do about that?
But, I do know one thing, TEDBF and Tejas future versions are more IMPORTANT THAN COMBINED FRENCH AND BRITISH PLANES because of a realpolitik thing which you know because you are old.

And I said my plane because it is our, yours is mirage and rafale, what is wrong in that? I never said "we should keep this thread to ourselves", man I am not that racist,why you think like that? I value others leaving those ofcourse jihadis.

Last edited:

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
It will help. But don't forget the SH18 design : just a 25% bigger frame than FA18, but with some surprise during the air tests (and some never solved issues. The anormaly out cantered external stores is one clue)
That is remain to be seen as not even a prototype exists today.....

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Broken record alert: All tech that gets developed for the Mk2 and AMCA must keep finding its way back to the MKI and MiG 29K.
It's only possible for weapon system, mainly radar.
And, but it's far harder, on engine.
Nothing possible on the frame, or at a so huge cost it's better to purchase new one.

vishnugupt

Country flag
Nothing possible on the frame, or at a so huge cost it's better to purchase new one.
Excuse my words, I have never found your post reasonable, I don't know who gave you contributor tag here ?? Maybe you are good in copy/paste job on power point.

Radar obviously one of the co-product apart from better IRST, Mission computer, upgraded-RWR, LWR, MAWR, Jammer, upgraded counter measures, OBOG, Friend and foe system, Altimeters, advance cockpit, and of course weapons.

IAF clearly said "No" to new engine.

Above said instruments could easily retrofit on the 270 Su-30mki and 60 Mig-29 airframe with help of a few billion dollar ( 4-5 billion max or take it 8 billion).

So tell us please how many Rafale or any new fighter you can buy in 4-5 billion dollar ??

cannonfodder

Country flag
Excuse my words, I have never found your post reasonable, I don't know who gave you contributor tag here ?? Maybe you are good in copy/paste job on power point.

Radar obviously one of the co-product apart from better IRST, Mission computer, upgraded-RWR, LWR, MAWR, Jammer, upgraded counter measures, OBOG, Friend and foe system, Altimeters, advance cockpit, and of course weapons.

IAF clearly said "No" to new engine.

Above said instruments could easily retrofit on the 270 Su-30mki and 60 Mig-29 airframe with help of a few billion dollar ( 4-5 billion max or take it 8 billion).

So tell us please how many Rafale or any new fighter you can buy in 4-5 billion dollar ??
He is selling more Rafael's. what do you expect?

Trololo

Country flag
I think the following items can be done actually:
1> Radar
2> Weapons
3> Lightweight materials for improved LRUs.
4> Flight control computer upgrades.
5> Mission control computer upgrades.
6> Improved aircraft accessories gearbox which will be lighter.
7> Improved on-board electrical generator for higher power.
8> EW Suite

If you note the Indian MiG 29 UPG program you will see they significantly modified the airframe too.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
I think the following items can be done actually:
1> Radar
2> Weapons
3> Lightweight materials for improved LRUs.
4> Flight control computer upgrades.
5> Mission control computer upgrades.
6> Improved aircraft accessories gearbox which will be lighter.
7> Improved on-board electrical generator for higher power.
8> EW Suite

If you note the Indian MiG 29 UPG program you will see they significantly modified the airframe too.
Who are they ? Russians if you mean

Yes they'll be upgrading Su and Migs they have already offered the package.

Despite that you can't just put lighter weight material and replace the airframe. Lot of weight balancing aerodynamics need to be considered.

Russia already did it extensively and Su 30 evolved into Su 35.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
There is no need to do much with airframe or engine. We already have an option of upgrading the engine if required. Russia has also offered the derated version of new engine of Su 57 in future.

Weapon system are being developed for it SFDR ( IndoRussian) Astra Mk 2 and Astra IR .

K77 and K74 series will be in production soon to replace legacy R73 and R77 series.

The avionics radar etc from Tejas /AMCA will make it's way into the Su upgrade.

All 80 Migs will get Russian Upgrade equivalent to Mig 35 package if IAF decides to upgrade.

The 40+ Mig 29k may be upgraded too.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Yes but the Airframe life is limited hence you’re right we should buy new ones instead of upgrading old MiG-29Ks who keep crashing.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles