ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Looking to its MTOW, GE414 seems underpowered. I am sure that they must be looking for GE414 EPE. Simply, 58 KN dry and 98KN afterburner is not sufficient to power an aircraft of 17.5 MTOW.
It's to achieve that MTOW will F414 only... With a more powerful engine MTOW would simply become higher.

The max load is based on the thrust, not the other way around.

vishnugupt

Country flag
Apart from noticeable changes, like Canards, Wingtip, Fuselage elongation, engine and placing Air intake a little forward. Could anybody please explain Minor "structural" corrections in Mk2 ( which we often missed out ) to increase overall performance and how ADA sorted out the following shortcomings?
Tejas mk1 has a few shortcomings where ADA is still struggling like, Unable to increasing full flight envelope, High drag, wing Flatter above 1.6 mac speed, air intake performance, Comparably less AOA and Gs.

I am also interested to know more about Wing design. its layout, leading-edge root extension, It is shifted backward? .

Canards are too close to wings so they could generate downward lift on the main wing or Zero lift ( Especially on the forward area )

Disclaimer: Not downgrading Mk1 but comparing it with Mk2

Flying Dagger

Country flag
As per the timelines being quoted today, Tejas MK2 is going into production by 2028. Previously the timeline quoted was 2026 (if I remember correctly). That's already a delay of two years.
MMRCA cancellation would also give a boost to ORCA.
No such Timeline was actually Quoted infact 27-28 was always expected one .

It's just us speculating and hoping it may come early but won't happen. Let's just hope it doesn't drag beyond 2030.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
It's to achieve that MTOW will F414 only... With a more powerful engine MTOW would simply become higher.

The max load is based on the thrust, not the other way around.
What he meant is Thrust to weight ratio which will be lower with the engine chosen . And I do agree we should simply opt for the enhanced version from the beginning and stop wasting of time.

Trololo

Country flag
But using EPE engine means less range because of the high fuel consumption right?

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
What he meant is Thrust to weight ratio which will be lower with the engine chosen . And I do agree we should simply opt for the enhanced version from the beginning and stop wasting of time.
But using EPE engine means less range because of the high fuel consumption right?
EPE doesn't exist as of now. Maybe it'll be mounted someday, as a stopgap till the 110kN.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Your fear is irrational regarding mk2.
First LSP will come out within given time as they working on modular design. Wings design is complete and tender is opened other parts will soon follow as detailed design would complete.

Testing will take time and it's true that is most time consuming and unpredictable. But ADA can speed up testing with help of Mk1's LSPs. Lots of system going to test on mk1 testbed that's why ADA planned only four LSP for Mk2.
My fear came from Legacy Tejas. Mk2 as for now is nothing but a concept and some scale models for wing tunnels = nearly all has to be made.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Looking to its MTOW, GE414 seems underpowered. I am sure that they must be looking for GE414 EPE. Simply, 58 KN dry and 98KN afterburner is not sufficient to power an aircraft of 17.5 MTOW.
nearly the MTOW and powerplant power of M2000. Not too bad.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
My fear came from Legacy Tejas. Mk2 as for now is nothing but a concept and some scale models for wing tunnels = nearly all has to be made.
And why are you burning? There is no reason for you to do that, it's our plane don't worry no RAFALE MEGA ORDER will come.

Well that's another story if you guys do something DOUBLE FACE, was reading today FRANCE WAR WITH Vietnam and some nice SPANKING french got there.
ADIEEEEEU.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Really?

I know upgraded Mirage-2000C with empty weight is 7600kg were powered by 64-95 kN M53-P2... But aren't most Mirage-2000-5 still powered by 54g86 kN variant of M53?
It was only the very early M2000, produced from the beginning to end 1984, that received the M53-5 engine (9T with full PC).
All the others are equipped with P2 models (9.7T with PC).
M2000N, D, -5 are M53P2 powered.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
And why are you burning? There is no reason for you to do that, it's our plane don't worry no RAFALE MEGA ORDER will come.

Well that's another story if you guys do something DOUBLE FACE, was reading today FRANCE WAR WITH Vietnam and some nice SPANKING french got there.
ADIEEEEEU.
If you want to restrict this thread to the indians only, write it !
Facts are that Tejas gestation was long, not fully efficient, and fails in some areas.
Sorry if the truth hurt you, young noob.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles