ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

Dessert Storm

Country flag
I hope mmrca is,cancelled and mark 2 tejas mwf becomes,reality. by 2030.

I suspect delays,it's complex and unforseen problems,and typical.indian red tape followed by funding issues will delay ioc and foc to 2032 easily .

in which case I feel.iaf will ask for emergency second batch purchase of Rafale in 2026 delivery by 2030 x 40 planes,
As per the timelines being quoted today, Tejas MK2 is going into production by 2028. Previously the timeline quoted was 2026 (if I remember correctly). That's already a delay of two years.
MMRCA cancellation would also give a boost to ORCA.

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
That’s why I say MMRCA is most likely to get cancelled because if Tejas MK2 takes first flight by 2023 then why do we even need Aircrafts like F16 or Gripen, Tejas Mk2 will be far better
Cos mk2 right now is on paper. While most of the fighters in the competition are flying. Saves us time if mk2 is to get delayed by having an alternative system.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Cos mk2 right now is on paper. While most of the fighters in the competition are flying. Saves us time if mk2 is to get delayed by having an alternative system.
But MMRCA will take atleast 5 years for negotiation and extra 3-4 years before the first aircraft is delivered to IAF by that time both Tejas MK2 and ORCA/TEDBF will be flying

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag

Attachments

porky_kicker

Country flag
The drop tanks look to be subsonic to me

are they supersonic ? Any info on that ?

Also the intakes look different

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
The drop tanks look to be subsonic to me

are they supersonic ? Any info on that ?

Also the intakes look different
Both are subsonic... Only supersonic droptank is a centreline one (meant for CAP I believe) only half the size of that, no more than 710lt.

Intakes are just canted, with 3 auxiliary air-intake slats at sides (like NLCA). Splitter-plates will change.
vlXEuPWH.jpg
l-2CwGfP.jpg

Last edited:

Defcon 1

Country flag
As per the timelines being quoted today, Tejas MK2 is going into production by 2028. Previously the timeline quoted was 2026 (if I remember correctly). That's already a delay of two years.
MMRCA cancellation would also give a boost to ORCA.
2026 timeline has not been quoted. Even it was somewhere, the article was incorrect. Since LCA Mk1A production will continue till 2027 at the earliest, it is not possible start producing Mk2 before that.

Killbot

Country flag
2026 timeline has not been quoted. Even it was somewhere, the article was incorrect. Since LCA Mk1A production will continue till 2027 at the earliest, it is not possible start producing Mk2 before that.
Why not? They are different projets. Will have different assembly lines. It is very possible imo.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Mark2 will take over the Su-30 Nasik line.

Possibly 1:1 mockup at Aero India 2021... Metal cutting was to start at April 2021 for LSP... 2022 prototype rollout as per schedule... First flight by 2023 end, followed by few (this is which can't be predicted) years of flight testing.

Last edited:

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Well according to reports AMCA is going to be take over that line.
That'll gather dust for years then, unless major upgrade/overhaul of the fleet happens... But I could be wrong. Thanks.

Bhurki

Mark2 will take over the Su-30 Nasik line.

Possibly 1:1 mockup at Aero India 2021... Metal cutting was to start at April 2021 for LSP... 2022 prototype rollout as per schedule... First flight by 2023 end, followed by few (this is which can't be predicted) years of flight testing.
I wouldn't bet on that.
Lets not be over optimistic.
Mk1A order has been on the same table for years.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
I wouldn't bet on that.
Lets not be over optimistic.
Mk1A order has been on the same table for years.
Personal optimism has nothing to do with official timelines.

Mark1A order has nothing to do with Mark2 rollout & first flight. Platform design is done, subsystem tech development will go on.

Mark1A order has nothing to do with Mark1A either... Every credible source I asked, has confirmed that the signing is just a formality to happen at its own time. The work for the delivery & to convert LSPs to Mark1A standard for certification, are both going at their own pace.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles