ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
AFAIK THE IFR PROBE IS MISSING. I HAVE ALWAYS LIKED THE FAN ART AND CONCEPTS, BUT IT SHOULD BE REALISTIC ALSO.
Yeah, there is a chance it might be retractable, much more space inside Mark2 compared to Mark1/A... Some indication from last Defexpo.
If it is then it'll look like these.

piKacHHu

Country flag
AFAIK THE IFR PROBE IS MISSING. I HAVE ALWAYS LIKED THE FAN ART AND CONCEPTS, BUT IT SHOULD BE REALISTIC ALSO.
AFAIK, they are planning retractable IFR probe. So, these arts are quite accurate as per the information available about MWF/Mk II.

PS: They are doing a wonderful job which is supposed to be done by ADA and HAL. Check the posters/catalog of HAL/ADA for their prospective platforms, you will feel the difference.

Super lca

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
AFAIK, they are planning retractable IFR probe. So, these arts are quite accurate as per the information available about MWF/Mk II.

PS: They are doing a wonderful job which is supposed to be done by ADA and HAL. Check the posters/catalog of HAL/ADA for their prospective platforms, you will feel the difference.
How many components will be indegenous in tejas mk2

piKacHHu

Country flag
Indigenous Content:
1. Airframe
2. FCS/Mission Computer
3. Cockpit
4. Radar (Uttam)
5. Cooling systems
6. Sensors : RWR, IRST ( Not sure ?? ), Jammers, MAWS
7. Wiring/Electrical systems

Imported Content:
1. Engine GE F 414
2. Radar (ELTA as an interim radar till Uttam gets developed)
3. Servo Electric Actuators
4. IFR (Cobham or Indigenous, Not sure ??)
5. Sensors : Targeting POD-LIGHTENING - other sensors If not developed, then Israeli Jammers & Thales electronics can make their way into MWF

This is what I know, other members could add which I might missed; by cost I feel Indigenous content will be 60-70% once the production line & supply chain get matured.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
More than Mark1/A... New techs include AESA radar, OBOGS, EW, all weaponary other than ASRAAM, F414 maybe ToTed, all software & most avionics, new cockpit interface, targetting/recce pods, coating & composites etc. Possibly the IRST & MAWS too if available in time.

Minor stuff like IFR, ejection seat, HMD will still be imported not being worth the R&D effort. If something from Rafale is carried over like the towed decoy, then that . @porky_kicker @Karthi @Chinmoy is that all?.. or I got something wrong?
That's Mark1A no Elta-2052 in Mark2 or later batches of Mark1A.

piKacHHu

Country flag
More than Mark1/A... New techs include AESA radar, OBOGS, EW, all weaponary other than ASRAAM, F414 maybe ToTed, all software & most avionics, new cockpit interface, targetting/recce pods, coating & composites etc. Possibly the IRST & MAWS too if available in time.

Minor stuff like IFR, ejection seat, HMD will still be imported not being worth the R&D effort. If something from Rafale is carried over like the towed decoy, then that . @porky_kicker @Karthi @Chinmoy is that all?.. or I got something wrong?
That's Mark1A no Elta-2052 in Mark2 or later batches of Mark1A.
I didn't get the ELTA part, you were referring. So far, there is no words on imported radar in MWF; I just added ELTA for the sake of risk management. It's pure speculation.

Indigenous Military grade Servo Actuators are not available as of now, that part is I am sure based on my professional experience. Most of them are imported, I heard DRDO is trying to develop its own actuator for which again I doubt it's availability in commercial market.

Rest, Agree with your post; thanks for adding Ejection seat etc. which I missed.

porky_kicker

Country flag
Indigenous Content:
1. Airframe
2. FCS/Mission Computer
3. Cockpit
4. Radar (Uttam)
5. Cooling systems
6. Sensors : RWR, IRST ( Not sure ?? ), Jammers, MAWS
7. Wiring/Electrical systems

Imported Content:
1. Engine GE F 414
4. IFR (Cobham or Indigenous, Not sure ??)
5. Sensors : Targeting POD-LIGHTENING - other sensors If not developed, then Israeli Jammers & Thales electronics can make their way into MWF

This is what I know, other members could add which I might missed; by cost I feel Indigenous content will be 60-70% once the production line & supply chain get matured.
2 types of EW ( jammers etc ) pods are under development by DRDO for LCA etc

jam.jpg

AddText_06-04-10.28.58.jpg

AddTj.jpg

Actuators have been indegenised

IndianHawk

Country flag
Is the electronic warfare suite being developed for mwf by drdo the same as that in mig 29 upholds ie D29?
Some components will be same . But a lot more will be added for mwf. Electronically mwf will be in different league from mig29.

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
Hey mig 29 smtp you seem to have pretty good knowledge about

Hey mig 29 smt you seem to have pretty good knowledge about fighters so plz can you explain the design charecteristcs of mwf and amca?
To be honest i do not know, but I like LCA, it is simple, is tailless, small, even it has LEVCONs a pretty advance features, i do not understand why India simply does not fit Thrust vectoring to it instead of canards.

1591309548081.png

If i was going to modify it I would scale it up with thrust vectoring and a 117 engine from Russia.
But i am not an expert but a fan, but i think russian engines like r93 with thrust vectoring to me is better solution than canards

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Couldn't find a single CAD image of the landing gear for MWF and MTOW is much higher than the mk1, this is why I used more powerful landing gear closely resembles the one from F18s
You know what would be a safe bet?.. Undercarriage & landing gear of NLCA.

It is built to take a several quintal heavier jet doing barrier assisted landing. They can even simply copy-paste it.
2 types of EW ( jammers etc ) pods are under development by DRDO for LCA etc

View attachment 49348
View attachment 49351

View attachment 49350

Actuators have been indegenised
one thing here, wasn't the electronic warfare system of MWF supposed to be internal?.. Or are these permanent wingtip pod-cum-pylons like Gripen?
To be honest i do not know, but I like LCA, it is simple, is tailless, small, even it has LEVCONs a pretty advance features, i do not understand why India simply does not fit Thrust vectoring to it instead of canards.

View attachment 49357

If i was going to modify it I would scale it up with thrust vectoring and a 117 engine from Russia.
But i am not an expert but a fan, but i think russian engines like r93 with thrust vectoring to me is better solution than canards
Good point... Until years ago there was chatter about MWF going to get TVC, but nowadays there's no such indication.

F414 will not be changed given how satisfied they are with F404's reliability & fuel-efficiency!.. Now theoretically F414 nozzle can be made to thrust vector & may in future get EPE feature. So that's the best bet for now.

Last edited:

piKacHHu

Country flag
one thing here, wasn't the electronic warfare system of MWF supposed to be internal?.. Or are these permanent wingtip pod-cum-pylons like Gripen?
There is a difference between Self Protection Jammer (SPJ) and Full Spectrum EW Pods which are externally mounted.
SPJs could be placed internally & consume less power. As its name suggest, it's a defensive device meant for protecting aircraft against hostile EM signals which paints it for weapon engagement. Classic example is AN/ALQ-165 SPJ which is widely used in F-16 / F-18 in the US armed forces. It's used to counter airborne radar & active radar seeker missiles.
Captureasds.JPG
Capture11.JPG

On the other hand, external EW pods are larger & more powerful EM signal generators (to achieve "Burn-Through" at stand-off ranges), it's primarily used for Attack mode, i.e. to confuse ground Early warning radars or hostile airborne radars. The key is to emit EW signals at different frequencies (to counter Frequency Hopping or vice versa) for which it requires larger aperture and power. Therefore , it could not be fitted internally. Classic example is APQ-99 mounted on Growlers.

https___s3.amazonaws.com_the-drive-staging_message-editor%2F1540515292536-pods.jpg

Image Courtesy: Google/ product documentation

Karthi

Country flag

View attachment 49357

TVC add unnecessary complications , and TVC adds manuverablity but not agility , TVC may kill the energy of the Aircraft , as light aircraft it takes too much time to retrieve the energy that means enemy gets more time and opportunity to shoot you down.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles