ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Good job .:india::india::india::clap2:
Kindly add more images .
Nope... I don't own those images. So I played the safest possible, and uploaded those images that got copied to near everywhere. If the original can be found by a reserse search, then no (only 1 exception as I had no choice).

janme

Country flag
Nope... I don't own those images. So I played the safest possible, and uploaded those images that got copied to near everywhere. If the original can be found by a reserse search, then no (only 1 exception as I had no choice).
If you can then remove "HAL" from the wikipedia pages in the names of the aircraft.
For e.x. :- HAL AMCA, HAL Tejas e.t.c. since HAL is just the integrator/production agency and it gives the wrong impression and perpetuates the wrong information in social media.

Edit :- I have read the whole page and feel satisfied, great job.

Last edited:

airtel

Country flag
If you can then remove "HAL" from the wikipedia pages in the names of the aircraft.
For e.x. :- HAL AMCA, HAL Tejas e.t.c. since HAL is just the integrator/production agency and it gives the wrong impression and perpetuates the wrong information in social media.

Edit :- I have read the whole page and feel satisfied, great job.
Name of production agencies are generally mentioned .... example .

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Name of production agencies are generally mentioned .... example .

Nope, sorry. As much as would love to make it HAL/ADA Tejas or AMCA, i don't think it can be done (or atleast got no clue myself).

I made some more minor changes, anybody remembers anything else, let me know.
Had some spare time in my hands, so I updated the Wikipedia page of Tejas Mark 2 MWF.
Will do AMCA next.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Had some spare time in my hands, so I updated the Wikipedia page of Tejas Mark 2 MWF... Check it out.

Suggest content I may have missed out.
If any of you guys are able to provide an image (non copyright) of Tejas MWF model displayed last time.

Further, requesting you people for sketches of front and top view of plane what are essential in specifications section. @Kuntal I'm a bit experienced editor and will support any kind of help in markup language or formatting if you reallly want to be involved in active editing and updating in wikipedia (provided your most content is sourced).

Bhurki

If the length increases from 43ft to 48 ft, then the wingspan won't remain the same, as 26.9 feet.
Empty weight at 7000 kgs is dubious at best. Its bound to weigh in at about 8000 kg with all that extra volume and canard integration.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
If any of you guys are able to provide an image (non copyright) of Tejas MWF model displayed last time.

Further, requesting you people for sketches of front and top view of plane what are essential in specifications section. @Kuntal I'm a bit experienced editor and will support any kind of help in markup language or formatting if you reallly want to be involved in active editing and updating in wikipedia (provided your most content is sourced).
I looked. Only the wind-tunnel models were available (didn't take any risks).

Here are the frontview, sideview from ADA themselves, there's the only topview posted 2 page before.
Is you can trace & create line-drawing from them then great, or else tell me I'll make them for you.
D5V61nPUUAcS67C.png
IMG_20200523_064235.jpg

Or you can use this topview from ADA slideshow. It's hazy, but enough for you to draw & i fixed all sized distortions.
IMG_20200523_071647.jpg

If the length increases from 43ft to 48 ft, then the wingspan won't remain the same, as 26.9 feet.
Empty weight at 7000 kgs is dubious at best. Its bound to weigh in at about 8000 kg with all that extra volume and canard integration.
Why not, it's length? The wings apparently became a longer, but no new wingspan expansion happened after the widening of fuselage. Weight may cross 7ton.

But actual weight/dimensions aint available. Whatever had been released as of now, have been shared. We can't put on wiki some stuff drawn out from allah.

Last edited:

Bhurki

Why not, it's length? The wings apparently became a longer, but no new wingspan expansion happened after the widening of fuselage. Weight may cross 7ton.

But actual weight/dimensions aint available. Whatever had been released as of now, have been shared.
I'm drawing parallels to saab gripen e since thats the jet with same size, close coupled canard design, equivalent payload, internal fuel capacity, same powerplant and company claims 8,000 kg.
We can't put on wiki some stuff drawn out from allah.
Lol, what the hell..

Last edited:

Assassin 2.0

Country flag

Tejas Mk-2 is viable. A major redesign is good. That's what is desired.
It's not anticipated to take long.

A perception that Mk-2 will take tens of years, even after India has certified a 4th gen fighter aircraft could be borne out of some prejudices. Time now to grow out of that, engage with indigenous industry & realise it's suppressed potential.

Last edited:

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Well, if I gotta make them, I'll do it tomorrow. Layouts are used in article of aircraft. Just like this;
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Dynamics_F-16_Fighting_Falcon#Specifications_(F-16C Block 50/52)
Forget it, no need. I made one...
IMG_20200523_131222.jpg

Now i think there is about 5% mismatch, but do not try to change anything, it will spiral out of control. Took me several hours to adjust the sizes to match each other.

I left space below the front-view, incase you wanna add something like this: https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:HAL_Tejas_weapon_stations.jpg
Lol, what the hell..
"Pulling stuff out of allah"... Neat right? :megusta:

Last edited:

Bhurki

Forget it, no need. I made one...
Not sure, if mwf would still have a compound delta wing as oppossed to a straight delta planform when it already has canards.
The compound delta design in lca largely alleviates the active instability problem caused by absence of horizontal control surfaces such as canards and stabilizer, but in mwf it would be a redundancy.

Bhurki

Why not, it's length? The wings apparently became a longer, but no new wingspan expansion happened after the widening of fuselage.
Evolution_of_MWF.png

Also, the same photo that you posted regarding the final version of mwf says '300 mm wider' right under the diagram, so it is a whole foot wider..

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Thanks, i didn't proofread at all, so could be mine too.
That often happens. Like PDF, here 3 days should be given to edit the post. More mistakes happen while using mobiles. Many time I laugh at my own mistakes but option to correct is no available by then.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
That often happens. Like PDF, here 3 days should be given to edit the post. More mistakes happen while using mobiles. Many time I laugh at my own mistakes but option to correct is no available by then.
No no. We're talking about MWF wikipedia page editing.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles