ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

Illusive

Country flag
Should give this aircraft a new name so atleast its more clear to people that its a new aircraft and not just an update or upgrade.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag

All those children who believe in Santa Claus will definitely believe the news of Rafale defeating Su-35 because of SPECTRA.
Children are those that don't know for personal SPJs work, think that it makes a jet invisible. They don't, have a refractive effect which means your radar will misjudge the exact position & interception path of your jet... so you'll miss. While systems like Skyshield work for group of 2-6 jets as it blurs their vectors and exact numbers.
So although your 5th may roughly locate a bunch of 4.5 generation jet that does not mean BVR kill is achievable. Simultaneously in return your radar will give away you presence (not position) to their RWR.

Stealth is an advantage. That's it. I'd you have a LOAL IR-Seeking BVR then you can deal with it.

Azaad

Country flag
Children are those that don't know for personal SPJs work, think that it makes a jet invisible. They don't, have a refractive effect which means your radar will misjudge the exact position & interception path of your jet... so you'll miss. While systems like Skyshield work for group of 2-6 jets as it blurs their vectors and exact numbers.
So although your 5th may roughly locate a bunch of 4.5 generation jet that does not mean BVR kill is achievable. Simultaneously in return your radar will give away you presence (not position) to their RWR.

Stealth is an advantage. That's it. I'd you have a LOAL IR-Seeking BVR then you can deal with it.
What was my post about & in what context are you quoting me & why ? I tend to ignore you . Reciprocate it unless you want a showdown.

Covfefe

Country flag
Good but why govt is not firing ADA chief for continously misleading people? After all its tax payers money and there should be accoutability.
On those grounds, you won't be left with a lot of people in the leadership hierarchy of military, MoD or Ministers including Gobiji

"Atmanirbhar" is a politician's dream for now, nowhere in the psyche of middle management bureaucracy (both civil and military)

Gyyan

Country flag
Good but why govt is not firing ADA chief for continously misleading people? After all its tax payers money and there should be accoutability.
He wasn't misleading us technically most of the time it's if the funds are alloted on time we will roll out the plane by xyxm year and ff by xyxn.

FactsPlease

Country flag
On those grounds, you won't be left with a lot of people in the leadership hierarchy of military, MoD or Ministers including Gobiji
"Atmanirbhar" is a politician's dream for now, nowhere in the psyche of middle management bureaucracy (both civil and military)
NOT a direct challenge, but a different way of thought, to what you said:
Following that logic, we will never have real accountability.

He wasn't misleading us technically most of the time it's if the funds are alloted on time we will roll out the plane by xyxm year and ff by xyxn.
That's NOT what he said. He didn't say:"as long as fund allotted on time, we will roll out by xyxm year..." He said:"ADA will roll out...(unconditionally)"
All experienced Project Managers (let alone their supervisors) should know: if you have precondition to your goal, esp those out of your control, you should make it clear. If you don't, you are held responsible to what you said. Otherwise, what's next excuse "I couldn't foresee some private matters happen. That's why I fail to deliver!"?

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
What was my post about & in what context are you quoting me & why ? I tend to ignore you . Reciprocate it unless you want a showdown.
Regarding the misconception about SPJs & degree of superiority of stealth

Azaad

Country flag
Regarding the misconception about SPJs & degree of superiority of stealth
It was primarily about the lack of an alleged mock exercise between a Rafale & a Su-35 conducted by the Egyptian Air Force where the Rafale is said to have trumped the Su-35 coz the Egyptians never received any such Su-35 on account of US pressure due to which FAs sold to them by the Russians were diverted to the Iranians.

Last edited:

raju1982

Country flag

Thats true but our national security will remain fragile forever. Our enemies are building their countries militaries like Ambani building Reliance, with iron hands.

raju1982

Country flag
Suddenly hearing about too much headaches for building mk2 prototype and FF :frown:

They were completely silent all along last 10 years of development. Same heard during LCA mk1 prototype development, "this is unique project for us, so much to learn, so delayed". Hearing same about mk2, will hear same about AMCA. lol

FactsPlease

Country flag
Suddenly hearing about too much headaches for building mk2 prototype and FF :frown:
They were completely silent all along last 10 years of development. Same heard during LCA mk1 prototype development, "this is unique project for us, so much to learn, so delayed". Hearing same about mk2, will hear same about AMCA. lol
Hope I understand you correctly: I mean, "they" were NOT completely silent. Many in-charge people never stopped reap publicity, one of whom is Mr Girish Deodhare:

raju1982

Country flag
Hope I understand you correctly: I mean, "they" were NOT completely silent. Many in-charge people never stopped reap publicity, one of whom is Mr Girish Deodhare:
Fully agree with you. I think most of the pensioners from GoI are same, less dedication and accountability. If a project gets delayed by 10 years no one cares as there is no share holder's pressure and management making you nanga in board meetings!

There should be reward/bonus based projects in DRDO, DAE, CISR, ISRO etc. For example if LCA mk2 gets inducted in proper timeline, all the project team members will get bonus of 100 crores divided according to positions, else stop their HRA, DA etc.

vin bharat mahan

Kumaoni, Uttarakhand
Country flag
83 tejas delivery will be complete near 2028...after that another 97 tejas mark 1a in order. that will take 4-5 year to deliver, if we suppose near 20-24 fighter per year delivery. so even if tejas mark 2 will ready for production near 2030. our current facility only free after 2032-33 for tejas mark 2 production. thats why i think government isnt in hurry for tejas mark 2. i think air force also make decision to go for MRFA with any private player in india or direct GTG order (if they r not going for 114 fighters, due to high cost). we hv 32-33 squadron right now. 15 squad (su 30 mki), 2 squad (tejas), 2 squad (rafale), 3 squad (mirage 2000), 3 squad (mig 29), 6 squad (jaguar) nd 1-2 squad (mig 21).
now reasons why IAF nd government isnt hurry:-
1:- IAF total 220 tejas mark 1 nd 1a order replace our mig 21 nd jaguar fleet untill 2032.
2:- MRFA will replace mig 29 nd mirage 2000, which going to retire after 2032-35. thats why IAF nd government isnt in hurry for MRFA also.
3:- 120 or 200 tejas mark 2 will add additional squadron in airforce. that will make 38 squad (if we buy 120 tejas mark 2) or 42 squad (if we buy 200 tejas mark 2).

Last edited:

DukeDoode

Country flag

Even turkey runs a better fighter programme than DRDO Babus. The time line for Tejas MK2 is rollout in end 2024 or early 2025 and flight an year after that in 2026. I am not going to post links. Anyone can just check Wikipedia which has even worse projections than my memory. An open source website like Wikipedia has more quality and audit controls than our entire military bureaucracy. At least I see the timeline delays in one page instead of different files with different babudom.

TAI has taken 10 months to fly KAAN since rolling out the jet in March this year. Why does DRDO need more time than TAI to fly a 4th gen jet whose technologies and airframe are pretty similar to tejas mk1?

DRDO as a system has no levers of control. Dr Grish Dhore who boasted they'll run 3 aircraft development programs in parallel has retired before one of them is even rolled out. These Babus masquerading as scientists just engage in naval gazing and self-praise instead of retrospection.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles