ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

Aniruddha Mulay

If HAL is saying first flight in 2027, than Mahadev save us. You can easily add 4/5 years on top of that.

Timeline is just a number, do not take it seriously. - Govt babus

Mark my word IAF will get seriously screwed in next skirmish with China. All faults lies with Modi.

Only hope if FUFA and Ghatak. FUFA should be a private public partnership. But i do not think RSingh has any idea what is FUFA and why IAF needs it so much. :frusty:
AMCA is a public private partnership program, it's yet to find a private partner that can step up to the challenge LoL

raju1982

Country flag
AMCA is a public private partnership program, it's yet to find a private partner that can step up to the challenge LoL
AMCA is SV model not true Public Private R&D. There should be a JV between DRDO, HAL, and LT/TATA/Adani etc. Joint R&D, funded by GoI. New model, under direct watch of PMO just like ATV project in 90s/2000s. It was between BARC, L&T, Godrej, DRDO, Vizag HSL.

johnj

Do you reply for sake of replying or did you bother to go through what I said? In simple terms Govt has bigger risk taking ability at long term than pvt in our context.
Agreed -
If you consider risk - GOI do take risk if the tech is not available for sale, for ex nuclear weapon, else GoI consider risk free solutions
Don't except private sector replacing DRDO -upto 50&] in 2 decade
How is it rejoinder to what I said in previous posts. OTH it just shows how Pvt inc shall be handicapped untill they start sponsoring industrial espionage(which again in our context highly unlikely)
Agreed [FYI - I'm not considering industrial espionage]
What I'm saying is - wait at least 1.5 decade before blaming/judging Pvt sector

AnantS

Country flag
Agreed -
If you consider risk - GOI do take risk if the tech is not available for sale, for ex nuclear weapon, else GoI consider risk free solutions
Don't except private sector replacing DRDO -upto 50&] in 2 decade

Agreed [FYI - I'm not considering industrial espionage]
What I'm saying is - wait at least 1.5 decade before blaming/judging Pvt sector
Lets hope for best. I have hope from young guns ie startups and not from Bombay club boys on innovation. Hope for best.

jai jaganath

Country flag
What does this mean?
He stating that the reason of delay is not indigenization but due to the clause of ge414
This RFP for few sub systems to Honeywell
My intention to post this was the date RFP being issued although that doesn't prove anything
It could be of other prototype

stat231

Country flag
He stating that the reason of delay is not indigenization but due to the clause of ge414
This RFP for few sub systems to Honeywell
My intention to post this was the date RFP being issued although that doesn't prove anything
It could be of other prototype
I see , Thank you

Raj Malhotra

Country flag
Funds of Rs 2500 cr were given to ADA in 2009 for 2 prototypes of LCA MK2. Rs 1800-2000 cr already spent and few GE 414 engines were also imported long back. Basically next tranch of Rs 6500 for another 4 prototypes was sanctioned in 2022 and that money also has started flowing in. There is no question of delay due to lack of funds nor lack of GE engines nor due to delay in signing TOT.
In theory HAL should be flying 2 LCA MK2 in 2024, another 2 in 2027, and last 2 by 2028. Order for first LSP run or first squadron might be given by 2025 after first flight itself, such that first production models roll out by 2029. But I feel that there will be delay of 3 to 5 yrs in the timelines

jai jaganath

Country flag
Funds of Rs 2500 cr were given to ADA in 2009 for 2 prototypes of LCA MK2. Rs 1800-2000 cr already spent and few GE 414 engines were also imported long back. Basically next tranch of Rs 6500 for another 4 prototypes was sanctioned in 2022 and that money also has started flowing in. There is no question of delay due to lack of funds nor lack of GE engines nor due to delay in signing TOT.
In theory HAL should be flying 2 LCA MK2 in 2024, another 2 in 2027, and last 2 by 2028. Order for first LSP run or first squadron might be given by 2025 after first flight itself, such that first production models roll out by 2029. But I feel that there will be delay of 3 to 5 yrs in the timelines
Even AD reported prototype finished Coupling
Anyway they are not reliabe

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Depends on when were the part drawings released . It takes 2-3 to fabricate the prototype as per HVT tweet last year after CCS approval on funds were received
Yea 2025 is my best bet wish someone from here goes to def expo this year.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
I'd take December 2023 as the base period when those engineering drawings were released which translates to the prototype being ready anytime between Dec 2025 - Dec 2026 for taxi trials lasting upto a year . First flight follows.
First flight is 2027 no doubt this was even before the delay news hit all that matters is how fast they go from first flight to production

Covfefe

Country flag
First flight is 2027 no doubt this was even before the delay news hit all that matters is how fast they go from first flight to production
Can't expedite the process as well. Every lobbyist hopes for an unfavourable incident to occur, and as sissy as the establishment is, they drop the whole program at once. Awacs program from 90s to Tapas BH crash till recently

Azaad

Country flag
They'd follow the principle of concurrent production meaning if first flight happens in 2027 , you can expect LSP to commence by 2030 which is what BRF ustads active on twitter have been predicting since AeroIndia 21 when the ADA chief famously shot off his mouth giving first flight schedule of everything from Mk-2 to AMCA Mk-1 & TEDBF which was 2024 , 2024+2 & 2026+2 respectively.

Btw - unless the issues between the Biden administration & GoI are resolved amicably we still aren't out of the woods meaning first flight in 2027 doesn't translate to mean LSP by 2030 as per the original plan .

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
They'd follow the principle of concurrent production meaning if first flight happens in 2027 , you can expect LSP to commence by 2030 which is what BRF ustads active on twitter have been predicting since AeroIndia 21 when the ADA chief famously shot off his mouth giving first flight schedule of everything from Mk-2 to AMCA Mk-1 & TEDBF which was 2024 , 2024+2 & 2026+2 respectively.

Btw - unless the issues between the Biden administration & GoI are resolved amicably we still aren't out of the woods meaning first flight in 2027 doesn't translate to mean LSP by 2030 as per the original plan .
Biden is fing off next year for good but don't know anyone who replaces him will be any good

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Can't expedite the process as well. Every lobbyist hopes for an unfavourable incident to occur, and as sissy as the establishment is, they drop the whole program at once. Awacs program from 90s to Tapas BH crash till recently
As far as being harsh goes if the news is true about funding being stopped for drone programs unless they achieve what they needed to with tapas I kinda agree with it you already haven't finished the projects you have even after all these years you haven't matched the specifications given.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles