ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

TwinTails

Country flag
Why are you all reacting like a bunch of sissies?

Tejas mk-2 getting delayed sure is bad news, but, this is what India is, Indians hate this type of delays because it reminds us of our demorlized old past but hey! can't expect extra-ordinary from YES MEN at the top and the one who likes YES MEN under him.

Let's do maths. If I am not wrong IAF needs 42 squadrons right now and upto 2032 we can expect this no. to remain same.
So,
tejas mk-1/mk-1a = 40+83+97 = 220, I have high hopes of tejas mk1b comig too, but I think total no. will go upto minimum 250.
Next, upgraded su-30mki = 272, pretty powerful aircraft.
rafale = 36 + 36 = 72, Modiji in 3rd term will definitely push for this no. seeing the nearby countries situation.
Now, for 42 squadron you need approx. 756 aircrafts, 18 aircrafts per squadron.
we will be then sort of 160 plus aircrafts.
We can have another 60 foreign 5th gen aircraft like su-57 with izdeliye-30 engine, indian radars,avionics,etc.
And rest 100 can be for AMCA mk-1.
And I know we will be not be having 250 tejas right by 2032, but Mirage, mig-29, jaguar are going to be retired in phases.
So, stop crying.

You lot have a perfect 2 engine aircraft in making that is TEDBF, which is exactly copy of Rafale, similar weight, load,etc.
If rafale can perform with 75 kn engine, then TEDBF too can deliver with upgraded Kaveri with 75 Kn engine and kaveri achieved 73 kn perfectly if I am not wrong, issues are there but are solvable.
Ofcourse difference in dry weight of M88 and Kaveri is large, but, hey, if I can get home engine with 6 ton payload instead of 8 ton payload, I will still choose 6 ton one.

We have building blocks available, the only one here loosing is USA.

You people should had realized this upcoming when 97 orders were placed, indigenous upgrade of su-30 mki happening and little bit feelers for su-57 were sent unofficially.

stat231

Country flag
Why are you all reacting like a bunch of sissies?

Tejas mk-2 getting delayed sure is bad news, but, this is what India is, Indians hate this type of delays because it reminds us of our demorlized old past but hey! can't expect extra-ordinary from YES MEN at the top and the one who likes YES MEN under him.

Let's do maths. If I am not wrong IAF needs 42 squadrons right now and upto 2032 we can expect this no. to remain same.
So,
tejas mk-1/mk-1a = 40+83+97 = 220, I have high hopes of tejas mk1b comig too, but I think total no. will go upto minimum 250.
Next, upgraded su-30mki = 272, pretty powerful aircraft.
rafale = 36 + 36 = 72, Modiji in 3rd term will definitely push for this no. seeing the nearby countries situation.
Now, for 42 squadron you need approx. 756 aircrafts, 18 aircrafts per squadron.
we will be then sort of 160 plus aircrafts.
We can have another 60 foreign 5th gen aircraft like su-57 with izdeliye-30 engine, indian radars,avionics,etc.
And rest 100 can be for AMCA mk-1.
And I know we will be not be having 250 tejas right by 2032, but Mirage, mig-29, jaguar are going to be retired in phases.
So, stop crying.

You lot have a perfect 2 engine aircraft in making that is TEDBF, which is exactly copy of Rafale, similar weight, load,etc.
If rafale can perform with 75 kn engine, then TEDBF too can deliver with upgraded Kaveri with 75 Kn engine and kaveri achieved 73 kn perfectly if I am not wrong, issues are there but are solvable.
Ofcourse difference in dry weight of M88 and Kaveri is large, but, hey, if I can get home engine with 6 ton payload instead of 8 ton payload, I will still choose 6 ton one.

We have building blocks available, the only one here loosing is USA.

You people should had realized this upcoming when 97 orders were placed, indigenous upgrade of su-30 mki happening and little bit feelers for su-57 were sent unofficially.
Has the TEDBF been sanctioned officially at any level? Wasnt again the F414 chosen for it too? On kaveri GTRE is optimistic, getting it on a tejas(hopefully) should give it the necessary momentum , in the meantime the JV with france for 120kn engine should have been signed by now.

Chinmoy

Country flag
No but delay is gonna cost is dearly
There is no way we should stop mk2
The only way to do that is to make every thing in-house and pay a fortune for end product.

By the way, could you please point me who other then our esteemed youtubers is stopping Mk2?

jai jaganath

Country flag
The only way to do that is to make every thing in-house and pay a fortune for end product.

By the way, could you please point me who other then our esteemed youtubers is stopping Mk2?
These YouTubers and their assessments have no value
We have to make mk2 work no matter what
They can only fill our bulk requirement

johnj

No but delay is gonna cost is dearly
There is no way we should stop mk2
What about wastage of money and human resources ??
Try to understand the sentence
1702798134579.png

India already having bad experience with GE/US, and without a deal with US for engines, there is no MK2, and the first step is - US congress approval
US can easily sabotage entire Indian Fighter Jet R&D , including lca mk1[ADA lost around half a decade of lca development due to US sanctions], mk2, tedbf, amca etc

Covfefe

Country flag
Just a brainfart moment -

GoI should fund only Tedbf for now. Listen to me before you lash out -
1) With LCA Mk2- there are two queens to be impressed - USA and IAF. Their drama is never ending
2) All the "Mk2 is stepping stone to AMCA" rationale can be used for TEDBF
3) IAF is like the lady who doesn't like a single dress among the thousands a shopkeeper places before her. But will fall over heels for something a woman is already wearing. TEDBF's AF variant could do that

AnantS

Country flag
Spending money to develop FBR or Nuclear program not a waste of money or burring money, its a necessity for securing future of India's energy sector and there is no alternative, its about survival on the other hand Elon Must not a necessity for US. Just imagine India without nuclear power and US without EV
Do you reply for sake of replying or did you bother to go through what I said? In simple terms Govt has bigger risk taking ability at long term than pvt in our context.

Counter Q- Why private sector need to do R&D when majority of Gov DPSU, OFB etc depend on foreign and DRDO labs for R&D
How is it rejoinder to what I said in previous posts. OTH it just shows how Pvt inc shall be handicapped untill they start sponsoring industrial espionage(which again in our context highly unlikely)

Chinmoy

Country flag
Just a brainfart moment -

GoI should fund only Tedbf for now. Listen to me before you lash out -
1) With LCA Mk2- there are two queens to be impressed - USA and IAF. Their drama is never ending
2) All the "Mk2 is stepping stone to AMCA" rationale can be used for TEDBF
3) IAF is like the lady who doesn't like a single dress among the thousands a shopkeeper places before her. But will fall over heels for something a woman is already wearing. TEDBF's AF variant could do that
And this fart stinks.

NutCracker

Country flag
GOI should speed up Tejas + Kaveri integration on faster pace. But I would prefer if there is a parallel project of Mig29 integrated with Kaveri +RD93/33.

We are willing to fly Tejas with Kaveri , but not a MIG29 with Kaveri+ RD-33 combo. I don't know what MOD/ GTRE is even thinking before approving such halfwitted approach .

Chamdi jaaye par Damdi na Jaye BC..
100M$ laga ke ekad MIG29 testbed ban sakta hai .

raju1982

Country flag
Just imagine what those scientists and engineers going through when such blunders are being performed
They get frustrated, then leave and settle down in US. Shameful. There are so many reasons why we are behind Chinese.

The problem is wirh political leadership. If Modi or Rajnath want, can they change it? Yes, they can. But they will not.

Watch 7:23 from the video... after three years also i remembered his face and words.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles