ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

Javelin_Sam

Country flag
I see no MRFA thread so I'll post about it here since I guess it will affect Mk2 more than Mk1 or AMCA.

It appears that SAAB has put in a preemptive bid for MRFA involving helping on the Mk2 and AMCA programmes.

Would it be a good idea to accept this offer? I think it might. India has failed to manage the Tejas and Kaveri programmes. There appears to be no interest in changing 'the system' for the better in India. Bringing a foreign player in to get things done seems a good idea to me.

Apart from actually getting aircraft produced to start providing the IAF with fighters to bolster the defence of India, SAAB may be able to make a valuable contribution to solving AMCA development problems. SAAB's production expertise would definitely benefit Mk2 and AMCA production as well IMO.

Says in the video that SAAB can supply Gripen E at around half the cost of Rafale.
Only for a turbo fan engine is what India want a foreign help for. SAAB doesn't have that. SAAB has nothing to offer to India apart from off the shelf purchase of single engine Gripen fighter

Spitfire9

Country flag
SAAB has nothing to offer to India apart from off the shelf purchase of single engine Gripen fighter
Arrogance to think that, I have to say. Still, if you think that there is nothing SAAB has to offer India, you had better compare how India and SAAB have performed in developing and producing light combat aircraft.

vishnugupt

Country flag
Arrogance to think that, I have to say. Still, if you think that there is nothing SAAB has to offer India, you had better compare how India and SAAB have performed in developing and producing light combat aircraft.
From where do you get such logic?? Experience, arrogance, development and production??
Say clearly, how India will benefit from collaboration with SAAB rather than giving billions of dollars to Sweden just for free.

What help India need for production?? How?

How India failed to manage Tejas??

Had you given same logic to SAAB when it failed to develop inhouse technology despite of decades of experience?

Bhai Kickback deal ke paise se UK gaye ho kya?

Kalkioftoday

Country flag
Yes i agree with you that SAAB has many things to offer but that offer shouldn't come at the cost of our own indeginisation effort. Yes they can help us on many things from submarine design to aircraft design especially their latest what they call 'Digital design' concept or something like that with whom they designed the Red hawk trainer with Boeing. But on the engine front i don't know what kind of support they can provide cuz they themselves license produce F404 in sweden. If you know anything on their engine tech developmental progress please do let me know.

Javelin_Sam

Country flag
SAAB gripen is just a combination of different components developed by Sweden, UK, Italy, Other EU states and USA. Why should India be involved in this clusterfuck? For a 4.5th gen single engine fighter? India already has a single engine program Tejas MK1 and an upcoming program MWF which enabled the country to master the art of developing modern composite build fly by wire fighet aircraft. Other components like UTTAM AESA, IRST, MAWS are all under development and well within India's ability. We don't need to lick SAAB'S ass unless they have something to offer like Jet Engine Technology. But they don't have. Even if they have, they will not. Nobody will transfer any critical technology on a platter. India is still a 3 trillion dollar economy. Very early in the realm of geopolitics. But we have already developed and/or developing almost everything for a fighter jet except engines. IFR, Ejection seats due to lower numbers are not viable to develop from a cost benefit analysis at this time. Not going for a foreign single engine 4.5th gen fighter is what is essential for Indias MIC and overall strategic future. And that too some global nobody like Sweden has no chance. A deal like MRFA will always have geopolitics meddling with it. If MRFA progresses, It's either France or Russia. Russia only has Mig 35. Dead on arrival. So France is the leftover option. Rafale. CDS already made the plans clear that they will acquire it in tranches.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Right now my blood is boiling ,I am so angry that I want to do craniotomy &open heart surgery on each & every dalal without giving any anesthesia to them 😡😡 :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:
The amount of copium we get is just heartbreaking 💔
What kind of doctrine they want is beyond my understanding.

From 200 LCA-II to not interested is literally heartbreaking, waiting for Bhajan Mandali to call it a masterstroke for promoting TEDBF’s AF variant aka ORCA.

Vamsi

Country flag

From 200 LCA-II to not interested is literally heartbreaking, waiting for Bhajan Mandali to call it a masterstroke for promoting TEDBF’s AF variant aka ORCA.
Its really heartbreaking. But we can't do anything except coping

vishnugupt

Country flag
@abingdonboy @IndianHawk @fire starter @Haldilal @FalconSlayers @Lonewolf @Hariharan_kalarikkal
Shameful if it's true
I downloaded the video incase it got deleted
I have predicted everything that is we witnessing now.

People were laughing then and crying now ...... You people don't know even 1% of UN Armed forces generals

Recently MWF name was dropped for Tejas MK2. " Kuch samjhe daya"??
It's not memory loss, it's just not worth remembering. Tejas sits on the lowest rung of our inventory, and in such minuscule numbers, that ACM might as well remember BAE Hawk over it.

Also, ACM is going to Egypt to request them not to order Tejas, because if HAL started to make Tejas for Egypt, we might only get our Tejas Mk2 at the end of the century.
Sorry Bro Unfortunetly he did not forget name TEJAS, in fact, he was malingering.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
IAF was never interested in LCA programme and we do false chest beating to tell how IAF desperately wants it.

They always wanted this project to not work so that import lobby can get kickbacks.

They’ll do the same with AMCA as well and say they want 6th Gen Ladaku Viman as 5th gen has got old.

THESIS THORON

Country flag
They’ll anyway have to buy them because Rafales are no longer an option as UAE and Egypt have ordered more than a 100 of them hence deliveries will take much longer and production won’t come to India as well. Brilliancy at its peak from MoD and IAF, masterstroke pe masterstroke.
bro, they will setup a new assembly line in india, for this.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I have predicted everything that is we witnessing now.

People were laughing then and crying now ...... You people don't know even 1% of UN Armed forces generals

Sorry Bro Unfortunetly he did not forget name TEJAS, in fact, he was malingering.
So sad now they just have to drag MWF till they get their import approval just like army is Doing with ATAGS.

Eventually same thing will happen with AMCA and NGMBT as well.
These Generals are corrupt to the core and deserved to be lynched publically.

THESIS THORON

Country flag
i wish gormint give navy money for iac-2 from the money of rafale deal, so that they can order only puny 36 more rafale.

vishnugupt

Country flag
People are saying here.....These are mistakes. No ! these are not mistakes. Suppose if IAF is facing low squadrons numbers then you can't skip Tejas mk2 which is immediate in the future.

We have a bad memory... If one can remember, this game was played by previous air chiefs ( mig21+++ ) back in 2011/12 where they said..... Stop Tejas mk1 right now because of blah blah ( all abuses/lies ) we are interested to buy Tejas Mk2 in 240 numbers.

AF wants to cancel Tejas mk2 today and promising 200 AMCA ( same game ) so they will get a 15-year long window of Total import ( Want to destroy everything which India have achieved so far ). When AMCA will come for inductions we will witness the same drama.

Only fools believe that the United Nations Armed forces are supporting local products and are fully committed.

Time aane do, AMCA ko bhi CHAMKA denge garnail saab.
Ye AMCA ki bhi G@nd marenge... bas time ane do

FalconZero

Country flag
@abingdonboy @IndianHawk @fire starter @Haldilal @FalconSlayers @Lonewolf @Hariharan_kalarikkal
Shameful if it's true
I downloaded the video incase it got deleted
Let IAF dream whatever makes them cream their pants, MWF is coming and will be shoved down their throat and they can keep masturbating about imaginary success of MRFA, it ain't happening.

Also, sandeep doesn't have some imaginary powers, he is just recycling same bs which has been repeated on this forum countless times. Muh name muh iaf chief suffering from amnesia when it comes to mwf.

This belief that MWF comes in way of MRFA is retarded considering MRFA is a Meme, we don't have money that's it. At most additional 36 Rafales will be coming to India and rest will be MWF.

Either way next year MWF is rolling out, Rafale delivery will be complete and maybe we can see some actual info that time. I am hoping for another set of follow on orders on rafales. It's hilarious to think that IAF can order Mk1a but will not order objectively better aircraft in every in the form of MWF, how do they even believe this reasoning?

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag

ORCA will come bro
About Mk2
That is a roll-out.(2023) After that it takes about a year’s time for it to go for taxi trials. And then, from there onwards the testing and certification happens. So hopefully, by 2026 all the testings’ will be completed and the production activity will be started from there onwards.
So we are trying to do it as quickly as possible, but then that is a total leap as far as the technologies are concerned. So we have new technologies, internal-efficient storages, then a few sensors, stealth features. So there are so many new technologies. It takes some time, because it’s the first time we are trying to develop many of them. So it will take some time. It’s not like it is an upgrade from Mark1.
The LCA MK2 is a Medium Weight Fighter (MWF) aircraft to be powered by GE F414 engines, a fully modular engine of 95KN thrust. During the engine selection for LCA Mk2 programme, GE has proposed ToT of around 60 per cent in a phased manner for manufacturing GE 414 engines in India. However, ToT proposals have business and strategic intent and generally technologically / commercially critical parts are restricted by the OEM (original equipment manufacturers). Also ToT is generally only for manufacturing technology for the agreed parts in the country.
With Certainty, LCA MK 2 Aircraft Is Slated To Enter Production By 2027 And AMCA By 2035--HAL CMD R. Madhavan

About ORCA/TEDBF
And also from a single engine to a dual engine version. So all these things are involved and then it has a new, like 360 degrees situational awareness. There are so many things – new sensors – so it is a new development and that takes time.
also read what he says about foreign fighter program and LCA mkII

In essence, (That's it)
(I genuinely hope Dassault backs away or gives unrealistic timelines for deliveries for MRFA program)
(MWF also needs to be shoved down the throats)

Global Defence

New threads

Articles