ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

Flying Dagger

Country flag
MiG 29 is a lemon when compared to the other two. Lousy MTOW, high empty weight, and the logistics/maintenance cost of dual engines.

I have heard a story that it was only procured due to discount prices from USSR, and that the IAF really wanted more Mirage 2Ks. I am inclined to believe it just viewing the specs.
Yes IAF wanted M2k but sheer performance of Mig 29 in wvr/Dogfight impressed IAF a lot and we end up having almost 140+ of them for IN+ IAF.

With R 73 IR missile it was the best fighter jet of its time though short ranged.

vishnugupt

Country flag
Mig29
  • Crew: 1
  • Length: 17.32 m (56 ft 10 in)
  • Wingspan: 11.36 m (37 ft 3 in)
  • Height: 4.73 m (15 ft 6 in)
  • Wing area: 38 m2 (410 sq ft)
  • Empty weight: 11,000 kg (24,251 lb)
  • Gross weight: 14,900 kg (32,849 lb)
  • Max takeoff weight: 18,000 kg (39,683 lb)
  • Fuel capacity: 3,500 kg (7,716 lb) internal
  • Powerplant: 2 × Klimov RD-33 afterburning turbofan engines, 81.59 kN (18,340 lbf) with afterburner
Performance

• Maximum speed: 2,400 km/h (1,500 mph, 1,300 kn) at high altitude
  • Maximum speed: Mach 2.25
  • Range: 1,430 km (890 mi, 770 nmi) with maximum internal fuel[252]
  • Ferry range: 2,100 km (1,300 mi, 1,100 nmi) with 1x drop tank
  • Service ceiling: 18,000 m (59,000 ft)
  • g limits: +9
  • Rate of climb: 330 m/s (65,000 ft/min) [253]
  • Wing loading: 403 kg/m2 (83 lb/sq ft)
  • Thrust/weight: 1.09
An aircraft having two 81 KN class engines has only a 3-ton load-carrying capacity sound undigestable.
Either data is misquoted or IAF/IN are naive to have this jet. Snecma M88 engine has even less power compare to Klimov RD33 but still MIG 29 cant push 24ton.

I don't understand one thing, on the one hand IN and IAF cry for poor performance and maintainability but on the other hand, They Themselves have brought these aircraft after a thorough evaluation. Even today IAF is buying 21 Mig aircraft which belong to the 80s.

But as usual, we can blame HAL, MOD, PSUs, Russia, Birds, Maintainability, and wind, or even Gravity. But Sometimes logic works in mysterious ways because Two things cant be wrong on DFI, first is Armed forces, second So-called defence experts on Social media.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
An aircraft having two 81 KN class engines has only a 3-ton load-carrying capacity sound undigestable.
Either data is misquoted or IAF/IN are naive to have this jet. Snecma M88 engine has even less power compare to Klimov RD33 but still MIG 29 cant push 24ton.

I don't understand one thing, on the one hand IN and IAF cry for poor performance and maintainability but on the other hand, They Themselves have brought these aircraft after a thorough evaluation. Even today IAF is buying 21 Mig aircraft which belong to the 80s.

But as usual, we can blame HAL, MOD, PSUs, Russia, Birds, Maintainability, and wind, or even Gravity. But Sometimes logic works in mysterious ways because Two things cant be wrong on DFI, first is Armed forces, second So-called defence experts on Social media.
This payload may be for Naval Mig 29. It is the only aircraft which maneuvers like TVC aircraft without TVC.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Yes IAF wanted M2k but sheer performance of Mig 29 in wvr/Dogfight impressed IAF a lot and we end up having almost 140+ of them for IN+ IAF.

With R 73 IR missile it was the best fighter jet of its time though short ranged.
Engine, weight , range , payload and electronics, everything has improved . Mig 29 or Mig 35 is a much evolved plane in its new avatar which people are unwilling to recognize. It can kick the back side of F 16 popping up suddenly on Indo pak border. Indian airforce has not ordered it without any reason. What you are saying is perfectly right.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
This payload may be for Naval Mig 29. It is the only aircraft which maneuvers like TVC aircraft without TVC.
No actually the data is misleading for upg and new Migs . The takeoff weight is around 24000 + kg. Rest it's fine. @LegendaryR3D

And yes it's insanely maneuverable and one of its kind before TVC came in existence . But TVC is different ball game.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
No actually the data is misleading for upg and new Migs . The takeoff weight is around 24000 + kg. Rest it's fine. @LegendaryR3D

And yes it's insanely maneuverable and one of its kind before TVC came in existence . But TVC is different ball game.
Except in Pugachev cobra, It can match TVC in other traditional maneuvers. However, Modern Su 57 like planes are different ball game.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
How?

Name 5 TVC maneuvres it can do?.. Better provide video evidence of it doing so?
Anyway, I do not know the names of 5 TVC specific maneuver. Kindly let me know if you know the same. The specific maneuvers which can be performed by TVC only. I know only cobra maneuver.

Last edited:

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Anyway, I do not know the names of 5 TVC specific maneuver. Kindly let me know if you know the same. The specific maneuvers which can be performed by TVC only. I know only cobra maneuver.
The cobra maneuver is generally believed that can be performed by TVC fighter but Mig 29 does it without TVC. So your question is answered. @Bleh Correct me if I am wrong.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
The cobra maneuver is generally believed that can be performed by TVC fighter but Mig 29 does it without TVC. So your question is answered. @Bleh Correct me if I am wrong.
Pirouette was an example. Any post stall maneuvre.

And when has cobra been performed by Mig-29?.. It can do "tail slide" at best, so can F-15. All you need is the modifications to FCS.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Pirouette was an example. Any post stall maneuvre.

And when has cobra been performed by Mig-29?.. It can do "tail slide" at best, so can F-15. All you need is the modifications to FCS.
Here....

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Every pilot who flew Tejas said it’s the best aircraft in IAF inventory and easiest to fly watch their interviews an American and a Singoporean also flew Tejas they praised it as well that’s the reason it never crashed the only fighter jet in the world with zero crash record in more than 4000 hours of flight hours
And the Cockpit Of Tejas MK2 which was showcased in Lucknow looks no less than the cockpit of F35 ✌

Last edited:

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Here....

Watched the propaganda video?.. Watch again, you'll see the Mig-29 only does a high AoA nose-up then climb.

Every pilot who flew Tejas said it’s the best aircraft in IAF inventory and easiest to fly watch their interviews an American and a Singoporean also flew Tejas they praised it as well that’s the reason it never crashed the only fighter jet in the world with zero crash record in more than 4000 hours of flight hours
And the Cockpit Of Tejas MK2 which was showcased in Lucknow looks no less than the cockpit of F35 ✌
No need to overdo it 😅Says Tejas is IAF's best would be a bit too much. It's best a A2G delivery & possibly avionics are right after Rafale. As its FCS haven't been adjusted to overshoot safety parameters rookie pilots can't fuck up. Some have actually criticused it saying that limited the effectiveness of veteran pilots.
Invited foreign people won't talk crap after a joyride. Thay means nothing.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Watched the propaganda video?.. Watch again, you'll see the Mig-29 only does a high AoA nose-up then climb.

No need to overdo it 😅Says Tejas is IAF's best would be a bit too much. It's best a A2G delivery & possibly avionics are right after Rafale. As its FCS haven't been adjusted to overshoot safety parameters rookie pilots can't fuck up. Some have actually criticused it saying that limited the effectiveness of veteran pilots.
Invited foreign people won't talk crap after a joyride. Thay means nothing.
You should see that at around 1:50

Go through this only mig is there ..

Annaa

Country flag
This point is correct?? For mwf
There will he hardpoints that are designed to be able to carry 1800 kgs of weapons

Global Defence

New threads

Articles