ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
Are these images based on real designs or just a design of ones expectation??
So are u saying Tejas Mk2 is going to be twin engine?
It is actually TEDBF,and air Force variant will also be driven from this,this is exclusive navy,and these are posted by Vishnu Som and the actual source is HVTIAF so I guess these are coming from credible people...actually product may not be this and this is just a representation of the work they will do if they are funded...

Bhurki

All India has are 6 squadrons.. what's the point in upgrading to DARIN III if you retire them within a couple of years..?
Thats what i'm asking too.
Even the upgraded squadrons will have the older engines and will get even heavier with the upgrades.
When they are already having problems with engines being underpowered now, how are they going to cope up with the increased weight without re-engining?

Only the unupgraded older squadrons would be retired in early 2020s .. I guess
How is any jaguar supposed to fly any longer than that? There are literally no extra engines other than the 30 spare ones that India got from France and the Mk 811 that India flies now produces 15-30% less thrust than required.

Last edited:

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
Thats what i'm asking too.
Even the upgraded squadrons will have the older engines and will get even heavier with the upgrades.
When they are already having problems with engines being underpowered now, how are they going to cope up with the increased weight without re-engining?
They will be underpowered.. but will be used.. I came across an article saying 61 aircraft will be upgraded to Darin 3. So, means maybe 3 squadrons would fly longer... and the other 3 will be retired in early 2020s, and their engines cannibalized for maintaining the operational ones...

Bhurki

They will be underpowered.. but will be used.. I came across an article saying 61 aircraft will be upgraded to Darin 3. So, means maybe 3 squadrons would fly longer... and the other 3 will be retired in early 2020s...
Whats the use of upgrades if.the engines can't lift the jet?
2x Mk 811 produce 7.5 t of thrust nominally. With reports like
https://theprint.in/defence/iaf-set...ade-could-buy-more-su-30-mkis-instead/278687/
"Jaguar engines have seen a 15-30% reduction in thrust, and the cost of the upgrade is too high."
They are now producing a total of no more than 6 tons of thrust.
How do they expect to keep a 15t aircraft airborne( even higher after Darin 3 upgrade) with nothing but 6t of thrust?

Last edited:

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
AMCA can’t be doing extensive CAPs.
This...
In my opinion, Mk1, Mk1A, AMCA has the future. TEDBF and ORCA HAS NO FUTURE.
...And these new concepts wouldn't come up if they had no future, ORCA & TEDBF maybe the same thing.

Only one whose future looks bleak is this beauty here (unless TEDBF is based on it);
IMG_20200105_224245.jpg

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
Tejas MK3 ..........................
That's a new term Tejas MK3..... I don't mind this being called another version of Tejas..... This will add to the great legacy of Tejas.....

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
Tejas MK2 is MWF Single Engine
Tejas MK3 is ORCA Twin Engine
It's yet to be conceptualized but like I said I don't mind it being called Tejas MK3 though this is not even on the drawing board yet.....

Bhurki

Whats the use of upgrades if.the engines can't lift the jet?
2x Mk 811 produce 7.5 t of thrust nominally. With reports like
https://theprint.in/defence/iaf-set...ade-could-buy-more-su-30-mkis-instead/278687/
"Jaguar engines have seen a 15-30% reduction in thrust, and the cost of the upgrade is too high."
They are now producing a total of no more than 6 tons of thrust.
How do they expect to keep a 15t aircraft airborne( even higher after Darin 3 upgrade) with nothing but 6t of thrust?
Am i missing something here?......

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Actually a lot:
1. Lockheed martin: F16, F22, F35A, F35B, F35C, TR-X, RQ-170 Sentinel, etc
2. Boeing: F15, F18, F/A-XX, XS-1 Phantom Express, Phantom Ray, X-37 etc
U are partly right but u gotta consider this all these entities just assemble,Integrate and manufacture some key parts.
The sub sytem from hayrdualics to Ball bearing and adhesive are manufactured by other smaller entities.

For instances over 120 companies are involved in the F22 project.

http://www.airframer.com/aircraft_detail.html?model=F-22_Raptor

These sub companies reduce the pressure on Core comapnies.

In our case HAL manufactures most of the sub system itself.

Raju Seth

We need to look into other designs as well apart from delta or we will be end up making vulcan bombers soon(in name of passenger jet / AWACS)

Defcon 1

Country flag
U are partly right but u gotta consider this all these entities just assemble,Integrate and manufacture some key parts.
The sub sytem from hayrdualics to Ball bearing and adhesive are manufactured by other smaller entities.

The discussion was about design and development, and not manufacturing. The entities mentioned by me, Boeing, LM, UAC, AVIC are responsible for design and development of those aircraft

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
We need to look into other designs as well apart from delta or we will be end up making vulcan bombers soon(in name of passenger jet / AWACS)
We might need something like that soon.
Once our Sukhois retire we'll need a good bomb-truck... A heavy jet with 40,000kg MTOW supercruising at high altitude (like Mig-25) may just be the thing.

Aniruddha Mulay

As far as I know for Tejas mk2, most of the subsystems and components are going to be manufactured by private companies and HAL will simply act as an integrator.

Chinmoy

Country flag
We might need something like that soon.
Once our Sukhois retire we'll need a good bomb-truck... A heavy jet with 40,000kg MTOW supercruising at high altitude (like Mig-25) may just be the thing.
Using Su as a bomb truck in itself is insulting the potential of the platform. To tell the truth, it was nothing more then Jugaad.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles